Harvard Crimson 2012-2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Harvard Crimson 2012-2013

Love hometown referees! Mack forward goes down like he got hit by a truck, medical crew comes out, and he doesn't miss a shift. The academy was impressed.

Harvard with a 5 minute homer job in the OT, and fortunate to come away with a tie.

Harvard was not crisp. Looked rusty in the offensive zone.

Comment

• Originally posted by bothman View Post
      Love hometown referees! Mack forward goes down like he got hit by a truck, medical crew comes out, and he doesn't miss a shift. The academy was impressed.

Harvard with a 5 minute homer job in the OT, and fortunate to come away with a tie.

Harvard was not crisp. Looked rusty in the offensive zone.
      You guys got hosed with the refs last night. When I saw the replay from behind the penalty boxes that was a clean hit. I thought Harvard had an outstanding penalty kill all night. Other than that last penalty I thought the refs called a decent game with all of the offsetting penalties. Good luck the rest of the way.
      Rinks Visited
      DCU Center
      Tulley Forum
      TD Garden
      Tsongas Arena
      J. Thom Lawler Arena
      Conte Forum
      Whittemore Center
      Agganis Arena
      Verizon Center
      Gutterson Fieldhouse
      Matthews Arena
      Thompson Arena
      Mullins Center
      Alfond Arena
      Schneider Arena
      Magness Arena
      Ingallas Arena
      Hart Center
      Prudential Center
      TD Bank Sports Center
      John A Ryan
      Lynah Rink
      Appleton Arena
      Cheel Arena
      Germain Arena
      XL Center
      Class of 1965 Arena

Comment

Hey Harvard fans. Do you guys know why McNally wasn't playing last night? He's not listed on the roster any more either, Canuck nation is freaking out.

Comment

I actually think Biega deserved two for tripping on that one. It was clear he realized the guy was about to beat his pinch and have a shot down the ice w/ 6 seconds left. Biega just reaches for him with the defenseman's instinct and clipped him. It wasn't knee to knee like I originally thought, though, and the 5 was clearly because of the injury.

I don't always agree with Jason Klump but he said last night either it's a 2 or it's a 5 and a game, but there's really no situation where it's just a 5, and that seems right.

We definitely looked rusty. Think that rust has burnt off though and we'll see a more crisp team take on Lowell.
          Former Harvard Hockey broadcaster on 95.3 FM and WHRB.org.
          Go Crimson!

Comment

Originally posted by moondog View Post
            Hey Harvard fans. Do you guys know why McNally wasn't playing last night? He's not listed on the roster any more either, Canuck nation is freaking out.
            Guys off the roster:
            Michalek
            Max Everson
            McNally

Sigh...

McNally's definitely the big loss there. Everson and McNally also both played this semester, so they have to lose a semester of eligibility I'd think.

Edit - Moondog, check your rep. I sent you my best guess but I'd rather not post guesses for the whole world to see.
            Last edited by alslammerz; 12-08-2012, 02:35 PM.
            Go Crimson!

Comment

• Originally posted by alslammerz View Post
              Guys off the roster:
              Michalek
              Max Everson
              McNally

Sigh...

McNally's definitely the big loss there. Everson and McNally also both played this semester, so they have to lose a semester of eligibility I'd think.

Edit - Moondog, check your rep. I sent you my best guess but I'd rather not post guesses for the whole world to see.
              Al - can u private message me as well? I think I may know why as well. I saw that Everson was grabbed by Omaha so this is obviously something that's been in the works for some time.

Michalek will be back or so he says for now. Not sure on the other guys, but that's 2 Top 6 D so that's a big loss behind the blue line.

Explains the Anderson signing and may have to bring someone (Plant) in early as well.

Yikes!

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
                Al - can u private message me as well? I think I may know why as well. I saw that Everson was grabbed by Omaha so this is obviously something that's been in the works for some time.

Michalek will be back or so he says for now. Not sure on the other guys, but that's 2 Top 6 D so that's a big loss behind the blue line.

Explains the Anderson signing and may have to bring someone (Plant) in early as well.

Yikes!
                Done...sent it to your rep.

I'd expect the others to be back as well, at least until we know more. Things certainly got tougher for this year's Crimson squad but we'll see how they respond. We still have a good veteran blue line with Biega, Ford, Fick, and Rempel plus I saw Caldwell playing there last night I think. Depth is the problem right now. Need to stay healthy.
                Go Crimson!

Comment

Blackwell cleared and in the lineup tonight, according to Blackwell's twitter account.
                  Go Crimson!

Comment

Originally posted by alslammerz View Post
                    Guys off the roster:
                    Michalek
                    Max Everson
                    McNally

Sigh...

Well I guess if Girard is going to throw things out there no harm in sharing? http://www.thecrimson.com/article/20...ook-merrimack/

“Some guys had to take a year absent,” Girard said. “I won’t say any names, but like any other team, we might have some problems with the academic scandal. Some of them just want to take leaves to get more playing time and come back later because they were younger guys. Some other guys were just injured. But overall, they’re going to come back; they’re still part of our family and still part of our team.”
                    So injuries, playing time and Intro to Congress...
                    Go Crimson!

Comment

Mark Lazar gone as well per CHN Joe Meloni

Comment

Originally posted by herbst20 View Post
                        Mark Lazar gone as well per CHN Joe Meloni
                        Sigh...yeah. Unfortunately he's yet to suit up for the Crimson so...

He might be one of the injured players Girard was talking about. He missed all of last year with injuries.

Meanwhile, with the players we still have...well we laid an egg. 1-1-1 in non conference games with 4 remaining. Need a win over Northeastern and then a win against BU or in the Beanpot to guarantee a .500 non conference record.

It was a 3-0 game until late and the team had chances but should be checking their ankles for snake bites and it was non-conference...those were the positives. Everything else was bad.
                        Go Crimson!

Comment

Impartial observer here that saw last nights game. H had some chances and some juicy rebounds but no one home to capitalize. H seemed to be out of gas late in the 2nd and all of the 3rd. Despite their 2-0 first period lead, Lowell looked sluggish until the 2nd when they started skating/passing well, especially in transition. They skated right by H.
                          Re: snake bit... the puck that hit the post and slow motioned it's way across the net on the goal line. That puck goes in and it's a 2-1 game... could have changed everything.
                          Vesey and the 3rd line (O'Regans) seemed to have plenty of energy for 60 minutes.
                          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Max Everson to suit up for Omaha (USHL) this weekend.

Comment

Local reporter Jeff Johnson asks Steve Michalek about the scandal.

http://thegazette.com/2012/12/13/rid...ating-scandal/

Comment

Big fan of Harvard hockey but can you imagine if this was BU or BC or Maine??? The board would blow up. Seems like Harvard is getting a pass on this one.... Same thing with the goalie a few years ago. kids cheat, go play juniors for a year, work on their game and have fun and come back and play like nothing happened. Seems strange and have never heard of this cycle/model outside Harvard

Hard to fathom that the player would say this "I also didn’t want it to look like I messed up and everything."
                                Last edited by Hokydad; 12-13-2012, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X