• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Felger
    replied
    Re: Fire Dick Umile

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
    At least we got to the Garden the past two years, thanks to late-season heroics, which did not materialize this year.
    Coach Mad Again had as much to do with UNH getting to the Garden last year as Coach Umile did.

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied
    Originally posted by SNHUPenman View Post
    Bottom line, he is paid way too much. It is time for him and the program to split...I once had hopes he would win a National Title...but now, he can't beat anyone by Maine. And they suck too. Hell, I would settle for a trip to the NCAA's again.
    At least we got to the Garden the past two years, thanks to late-season heroics, which did not materialize this year. Bad recruiting (lack of talent), bad coaching (using wrong players in wrong situations), or both?

Leave a comment:

• SNHUPenman
    replied

Actually, what you heard was probably correct about a decade ago, when DU was still getting his teams to the NCAAs. His really big salary year included deferred payments from his deal not to bolt for UMass-Amherst, I think.
    Bottom line, he is paid way too much. It is time for him and the program to split...I once had hopes he would win a National Title...but now, he can't beat anyone by Maine. And they suck too. Hell, I would settle for a trip to the NCAA's again.

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied

I admitted I jumped the gun on that...I had heard incorrectly before. Highest paid coach. Which, considering the results is an insult to the good coaches.
    Actually, what you heard was probably correct about a decade ago, when DU was still getting his teams to the NCAAs. His really big salary year included deferred payments from his deal not to bolt for UMass-Amherst, I think.

Leave a comment:

• e.cat
    replied
    Originally posted by Felger View Post
    He is not the highest paid employee in the state. He's not the highest paid employee in the USNH. He's not even the highest paid coach at UNH.

Thanks for playing
    I thought coaching was a results based business

With all the money these people make no wonder tuitions are off the chart!

Leave a comment:

• SNHUPenman
    replied

So, highest now = 11th?
    I admitted I jumped the gun on that...I had heard incorrectly before. Highest paid coach. Which, considering the results is an insult to the good coaches.

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied
    Who do you think makes more money than Umile?

The latest information I can find is from last August. Where Umile is reported to have made $242,780 in 2014. You are right that he not the highest paid USNH employee, I misspoke on that. However, at that time he was 11th. And he is also the highest paid coach, with Coach McDonnell in second earning $223,860.

Considering Coash McDonnell seems to reach the same amount of wins but with much fewer games you can see my frustration with the crap Umile has put out there recently...

http://www.seacoastonline.com/articl...ORTS/150829762
    So, highest now = 11th?

Leave a comment:

• SNHUPenman
    replied

Originally posted by Felger View Post
    He is not the highest paid employee in the state. He's not the highest paid employee in the USNH. He's not even the highest paid coach at UNH.

Thanks for playing
    Who do you think makes more money than Umile?

The latest information I can find is from last August. Where Umile is reported to have made $242,780 in 2014. You are right that he not the highest paid USNH employee, I misspoke on that. However, at that time he was 11th. And he is also the highest paid coach, with Coach McDonnell in second earning $223,860.

Considering Coash McDonnell seems to reach the same amount of wins but with much fewer games you can see my frustration with the crap Umile has put out there recently...

http://www.seacoastonline.com/articl...ORTS/150829762

Leave a comment:

• Felger
    replied

10 wins in the regular season...he is the highest paid employee in the state, he does not deserve something in the ball park of $40K per win. He is 67...let's have him "retire". Dear God, please!

Thanks for playing

Leave a comment:

• SNHUPenman
    replied

10 wins in the regular season...he is the highest paid employee in the state, he does not deserve something in the ball park of $40K per win. He is 67...let's have him "retire". Dear God, please!

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied
    Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
    Women's?
    Yes.

Leave a comment:

• UncleRay
    replied

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    They DO have an ACHA championship (and a banner!).
    Women's?

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied

If Dick Umile goes, does his comb over stay? How's the contract worded?

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Bump, after 4+ years.

Only 26th in Fish Ranking simply not good enough.
    May god have mercy on your soul.

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied
    Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    Why, Snively ... why?? Talk about self-inflicted damage, totally avoidable.

Everything after you resurrected this long-lost thread is on you, dude.
    It was not easy to find, either. :-)

The Fire Mike Eaves thread now has 900 posts, over 300 more than DU has wins.
    Last edited by Snively65; 03-23-2016, 07:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X