Fire Dick Umile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fire Dick Umile

If Dick Umile goes, does his comb over stay? How's the contract worded?
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      They DO have an ACHA championship (and a banner!).
      Women's?
      bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
      SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
      All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
      A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
        Women's?
        Yes.

Comment

10 wins in the regular season...he is the highest paid employee in the state, he does not deserve something in the ball park of $40K per win. He is 67...let's have him "retire". Dear God, please!

Comment

Originally posted by SNHUPenman View Post
            10 wins in the regular season...he is the highest paid employee in the state, he does not deserve something in the ball park of $40K per win. He is 67...let's have him "retire". Dear God, please!
            He is not the highest paid employee in the state. He's not the highest paid employee in the USNH. He's not even the highest paid coach at UNH.

Thanks for playing
            UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Originally posted by Felger View Post
              He is not the highest paid employee in the state. He's not the highest paid employee in the USNH. He's not even the highest paid coach at UNH.

Thanks for playing
              Who do you think makes more money than Umile?

The latest information I can find is from last August. Where Umile is reported to have made $242,780 in 2014. You are right that he not the highest paid USNH employee, I misspoke on that. However, at that time he was 11th. And he is also the highest paid coach, with Coach McDonnell in second earning $223,860.

Considering Coash McDonnell seems to reach the same amount of wins but with much fewer games you can see my frustration with the crap Umile has put out there recently...

http://www.seacoastonline.com/articl...ORTS/150829762

Comment

Who do you think makes more money than Umile?

The latest information I can find is from last August. Where Umile is reported to have made $242,780 in 2014. You are right that he not the highest paid USNH employee, I misspoke on that. However, at that time he was 11th. And he is also the highest paid coach, with Coach McDonnell in second earning $223,860.

Considering Coash McDonnell seems to reach the same amount of wins but with much fewer games you can see my frustration with the crap Umile has put out there recently...

http://www.seacoastonline.com/articl...ORTS/150829762
                So, highest now = 11th?

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                  So, highest now = 11th?
                  I admitted I jumped the gun on that...I had heard incorrectly before. Highest paid coach. Which, considering the results is an insult to the good coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by Felger View Post

Thanks for playing
                    I thought coaching was a results based business

With all the money these people make no wonder tuitions are off the chart!
                    UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

I admitted I jumped the gun on that...I had heard incorrectly before. Highest paid coach. Which, considering the results is an insult to the good coaches.
                      Actually, what you heard was probably correct about a decade ago, when DU was still getting his teams to the NCAAs. His really big salary year included deferred payments from his deal not to bolt for UMass-Amherst, I think.

Comment

Actually, what you heard was probably correct about a decade ago, when DU was still getting his teams to the NCAAs. His really big salary year included deferred payments from his deal not to bolt for UMass-Amherst, I think.
                        Bottom line, he is paid way too much. It is time for him and the program to split...I once had hopes he would win a National Title...but now, he can't beat anyone by Maine. And they suck too. Hell, I would settle for a trip to the NCAA's again.

Comment

Bottom line, he is paid way too much. It is time for him and the program to split...I once had hopes he would win a National Title...but now, he can't beat anyone by Maine. And they suck too. Hell, I would settle for a trip to the NCAA's again.
                          At least we got to the Garden the past two years, thanks to late-season heroics, which did not materialize this year. Bad recruiting (lack of talent), bad coaching (using wrong players in wrong situations), or both?

Comment

At least we got to the Garden the past two years, thanks to late-season heroics, which did not materialize this year.
                            Coach Mad Again had as much to do with UNH getting to the Garden last year as Coach Umile did.
                            UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Working...
                            X