UAA Seawolves 2012-2013 Thread "the Last Hurrah"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA Seawolves 2012-2013 Thread "the Last Hurrah"

Just saw this on UAA's FB page, Andrew Pickering is retiring from hockey due to health concerns

http://www.goseawolves.com/ViewArtic...B_OEM_ID=13400

Good Luck Andrew, we will miss you.
    Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Few thoughts on our past weekend against Minnesota

1. Gundy is our #1 goalie, the team seems to play a lot better with him in net.

2. Special teams still need a ton of work, We seem to play well 5x5 though

Glad we got a point out of them now the boys need to heal up and get ready for Bemidji state.

GO Seawolves
      Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Got another recruit from the AJHL Welcome Zack Rassell

http://www.canmoreleader.com/2012/11...t-on-seawolves

Comment

Another recruit Brend Baltus from Trail of the BCHL set to join the program next fall.

http://www.bchl.ca/leagues/newslette...393&page=65924

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
            1. Gundy is our #1 goalie, the team seems to play a lot better with him in net.

2. Special teams still need a ton of work, We seem to play well 5x5 though

Glad we got a point out of them now the boys need to heal up and get ready for Bemidji state.

GO Seawolves
            No thread yet, but needs to be done.
            Back in AK for good... 7/13/05

Comment

Lineup for tonight against BSU

Allen-Tatchell-Gellert
              Roy-Bailey-Kwas
              Trupp-Naslund-Cameron
              Pettitt-Currier-Crowell

Docken-Coldwell
              Warner-Leask
              Sproule-Williams

Gunderson-Kamal

GO WOLVES

Comment

So when do we start calling these ties Seawolf Wins(ala Tech Win)?
                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                  Crazy game tonight. Hope for more entertainment tomorrow.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                    #1 in the nation currently!1!!1!!!

Comment

That really was a fun game to watch. I started paying closer attention to it than Mankato (my alma mater) vs. Wisconsin. After the Gopher game was over, of course.
                      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Excited about next year. Watched DUSYK, Tanner play Sunday - Dec 2nd. He looks like an alright signing. Played smart all game. Has Div 1 skating ability. Played penalty killing and power play for his team the Bonnyville Pontiacs. What I really liked was he always kept his feet moving and always with a goal of being where the puck might be. He played center and took alot of faceoffs. Didn't do as well as I would of liked - probably won about half the faceoffs. However, suspect he will play right wing for UAA. Did not take stupid penalties which is very common in that league. Believe he will do well on the bigger rink. Made some great passes - one on a 2 on 1 situation in the first period. Certainly was not his fault that his partner didn't beat the goalie. He is scoring about .9 points per game and appears to me to be a play maker. In the second period he made an end to end rush down the ice making a great move around the defense. Was really amazed at his coach for the Bonnyville Pontiacs - they keep the lines moving and the fastest changes I have ever seen by any team. For example on a two minute power play for them they played three different lines!
                        Last edited by revfnb; 12-03-2012, 09:44 PM. Reason: corrections to a spelling
                        Upper Deck Fan

Comment

Originally posted by revfnb View Post
                          Excited about next year. Watched DUSYK, Tanner play Sunday - Dec 2nd. He looks like an alright signing. Played smart all game. Has Div 1 skating ability. Played penalty killing and power play for his team the Bonnyville Pontiacs. What I really liked was he always kept his feet moving and always with a goal of being where the puck might be. He played center and took alot of faceoffs. Didn't do as well as I would of liked - probably won about half the faceoffs. However, suspect he will play right wing for UAA. Did not take stupid penalties which is very common in that league. Believe he will do well on the bigger rink. Made some great passes - one on a 2 on 1 situation in the first period. Certainly was not his fault that his partner didn't beat the goalie. He is scoring about .9 points per game and appears to me to be a play maker. In the second period he made an end to end rush down the ice making a great move around the defense. Was really amazed at his coach for the Bonnyville Pontiacs - they keep the lines moving and the fastest changes I have ever seen by any team. For example on a two minute power play for them they played three different lines!
                          Thanks for the heads up, sounds like an exciting player! However, I'm still excited about THIS year. Good things to come. UAA has been in nearly all of their games, even on the road.
                          Originally Posted by aparch
                          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Looks Like Corbin Karl is leaving the team to pursue other opportunities Best of luck Corbin.

http://www.goseawolves.com/ViewArtic...CLID=205820989

And unlike the others from last year this one seems like he and Shyiak are in agreement.

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
                              Looks Like Corbin Karl is leaving the team to pursue other opportunities Best of luck Corbin.

http://www.goseawolves.com/ViewArtic...CLID=205820989

And unlike the others from last year this one seems like he and Shyiak are in agreement.
                              Best wishes Corbin!
                              Originally Posted by aparch
                              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

ATTENTION JJ:

The "BWAHAHAHAHA" thread in D1 needs some love and tolerance. The way has been paved. You are clear for landing. Brohoof.
                                Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Working...
                                X