Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Early speculation of a new NCAA D1 Program...........in Canada????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Early speculation of a new NCAA D1 Program...........in Canada????

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
    Who's crying? I voiced an opinion.

I would prefer the NCAA not spend a dime or a minute recruiting Canadian schools to join until college hockey is more than just a fringe sport in this country. If you don't understand that, I honestly don't know what to tell you. But it's not worth it to me to argue about. Just wanted to point out the ignorance of Goon's comment. Throwing out labels is counter-productive.
    I understand your point and tend to agree with you*, but you have to understand that you are likely an exception to your fanbase when it comes to being okay with Canadian Universities coming into the mix.

* I agree that we should spend money first in looking at US schools to join, but I am fully on board with trying to entice Canadian schools to join the mix. As previously stated, I think it would be a net benefit for college hockey as a whole, and could help with adding US schools further down the line.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
      I understand your point and tend to agree with you*, but you have to understand that you are likely an exception to your fanbase when it comes to being okay with Canadian Universities coming into the mix.

* I agree that we should spend money first in looking at US schools to join, but I am fully on board with trying to entice Canadian schools to join the mix. As previously stated, I think it would be a net benefit for college hockey as a whole, and could help with adding US schools further down the line.
      I respect your opinion FS23. And you're right, it looks like we agree on more than we disagree on. The only thing it looks like we disagree on, and we can agree to disagree because it's a minor point, is that I wouldn't spend any time or resources trying to entice Canadian schools to join. Any and all resources would go to trying to expand in this country.
      @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
      On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
      High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by BeloBrasil View Post
        I LIKE IT! This man knows his U.S./Canada border crossings!

...and if the library does not work they can row in canoes to Magog on Lac Memphremagog!
        This is true, but that may take a while. Plus, you'd need something a little less conspicuous. It looks like they fenced some of the forest border, at least based upon the shadows in Google Maps.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
          I don't think *his* fanbase is more averse to this than the average one out there.

Comment

Working...
          X