replied
    Re: Alaska Nanooks 2012-2013: Going Out With a Bang

News Miner article on the Carlson Center renovation:

http://m.newsminer.com/sports/uaf_na...a4bcf6878.html

Leave a comment:

• revfnb
    replied

Cody Kunyk was on the PIPELINE SHOW on July 27th: http://www.thepipelineshow.com/media...375243200&sn=8
    You can click and listen to the 3 part interview

Leave a comment:

• beaverhockeyfan
    replied

Bemidji Pioneer look at Alaska:

http://www.bemidjipioneer.com/conten...ew-look-league

Leave a comment:

• Squarebanks
    replied

Nice write-up on Colton Beck at the NY Islanders prospect camp: http://www.langleytimes.com/sports/216234261.html

Leave a comment:

• purpleinnebraska
    replied

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
    I guess this means we will be using Gopher rejects to beat UAA. Works for me.
    It's an old WCHA joke. I'll explain it to you later. Or an SCSU fan can explain it. Or a BSU fan. Or a UMD fan.

Leave a comment:

• Squarebanks
    replied
    Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
    So now UAA fans can chant "Gopher Rejects" at you.
    I guess this means we will be using Gopher rejects to beat UAA. Works for me.

Leave a comment:

• goldy_331
    replied
    We have a new transfer coming in: forward Jared Larsen, a former Ice Dog with two years of eligibility left is headed to Alaska from Minnesota.
    So now UAA fans can chant "Gopher Rejects" at you.

Leave a comment:

• mmf
    replied

We have a new transfer coming in: forward Jared Larsen, a former Ice Dog with two years of eligibility left is headed to Alaska from Minnesota.
    This seems like a win/win. Most of the articles I’ve seen say Jared can play immediately and has two years of eligibility. The Nanook web site lists Jared as a “R-Jr”. Not sure why they would notate his standing as a “redshirt” if he was eligible to play in 2013-14. I hope the new media relations guy clarifies that in our upcoming (cough! cough!) hockey media release.

Leave a comment:

• Squarebanks
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mmf
    replied

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
    Man you got some "Big" Troubles…………… Does the Governor know ? ………………………. I heard He can fix everything.
    Spelling “Trouble” with a capital “T” is a nice touch. It’s not often that you see a guy who follows hockey who is also in touch with his inner show-tune self.

Leave a comment:

• Squarebanks
    replied
    Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
    Man you got some "Big" Troubles…………… Does the Governor know ? ………………………. I heard He can fix everything.
    We already have a call into Lisa.

Leave a comment:

• Alaska Hockey
    replied

Originally posted by mmf View Post
    And the only other surprise is that no third goalie is on the roster.

Leave a comment:

• mmf
    replied

I’m surprised that UAF has their 2013-14 roster posted. Usually they avoid doing that until school has just about begun, students are enrolled, and chances for surprises are limited. Hopefully that means most the new recruits are indeed enrolled for a summer session and will be in Fairbanks working out.

Besides the new recruits, I notice that Max Dumond is not returning. And the only other surprise is that no third goalie is on the roster. Davis Jones, the freshman goaltender on Heisenberg’s site is not listed. Not sure if anything has changed or if he is just not officially enrolled at the U.

We should be fast and scrappy.

Go Nooks!

Leave a comment:

• Alaska Hockey
    replied

The Seawolve’s side of the plane has more seating…the Nanook’s side has a couple of seats taken out so it can accomodate “the Cup.”
    Is that the new "running away " instead of the " walking to_airbanks" Bear ........

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    The Seawolve’s side of the plane has more seating…the Nanook’s side has a couple of seats taken out so it can accomodate “the Cup.”
    They're actually for the NCAA investigators that will undoubtedly be following our teams everywhere...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X