Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Alaska Nanooks 2012-2013: Going Out With a Bang

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
    To the game and getting out of this hick town! Thank God there is a sport for middle-sized white boys.

GFM
    ******* width="560" height="315">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/w9rLLXTXfb8?hl=en_US&version=3&rel=0">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/w9rLLXTXfb8?hl=en_US&version=3&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true">
    YouTube is your friend newbie.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      ******* width="560" height="315">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/w9rLLXTXfb8?hl=en_US&version=3&rel=0">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/w9rLLXTXfb8?hl=en_US&version=3&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true">
      YouTube is your friend newbie.
      I don't have to use videos to get my point across, do I? And I've had an account here for two years longer than you have, so ...

GFM
      Geof F. Morris
      UAH BSE MAE 2002
      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Era Alaska had debuted a UAF theme plane (along with some colors that appear to be Packers colors).

http://twitter.com/adn_kylehopkins/s...878848/photo/1

On my phone so can't directly link the photo.
        Last edited by Squarebanks; 06-06-2013, 08:25 PM.
        “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
          Era Alaska had debuted a UAF theme plane (along with some colors that appear to be Packers colors).

http://twitter.com/adn_kylehopkins/s...878848/photo/1

On my phone so can't directly link the photo.
          Thanks, the Seawolves plane is there as well. Cool.
          Originally Posted by aparch
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Era Alaska had debuted a UAF theme plane (along with some colors that appear to be Packers colors)...
            The Seawolve’s side of the plane has more seating…the Nanook’s side has a couple of seats taken out so it can accomodate “the Cup.”

Comment

• Originally posted by mmf View Post
              The Seawolve’s side of the plane has more seating…the Nanook’s side has a couple of seats taken out so it can accomodate “the Cup.”
              They're actually for the NCAA investigators that will undoubtedly be following our teams everywhere...
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
                Is that the new "running away " instead of the " walking to_airbanks" Bear ........
                Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

I’m surprised that UAF has their 2013-14 roster posted. Usually they avoid doing that until school has just about begun, students are enrolled, and chances for surprises are limited. Hopefully that means most the new recruits are indeed enrolled for a summer session and will be in Fairbanks working out.

Besides the new recruits, I notice that Max Dumond is not returning. And the only other surprise is that no third goalie is on the roster. Davis Jones, the freshman goaltender on Heisenberg’s site is not listed. Not sure if anything has changed or if he is just not officially enrolled at the U.

We should be fast and scrappy.

Go Nooks!

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
                    And the only other surprise is that no third goalie is on the roster.
                    Man you got some "Big" Troubles…………… Does the Governor know ? ………………………. I heard He can fix everything.
                    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                      Man you got some "Big" Troubles…………… Does the Governor know ? ………………………. I heard He can fix everything.
                      We already have a call into Lisa.
                      “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                        Spelling “Trouble” with a capital “T” is a nice touch. It’s not often that you see a guy who follows hockey who is also in touch with his inner show-tune self.

Comment

We have a new transfer coming in: forward Jared Larsen, a former Ice Dog with two years of eligibility left is headed to Alaska from Minnesota.

Comment

We have a new transfer coming in: forward Jared Larsen, a former Ice Dog with two years of eligibility left is headed to Alaska from Minnesota.
                            This seems like a win/win. Most of the articles I’ve seen say Jared can play immediately and has two years of eligibility. The Nanook web site lists Jared as a “R-Jr”. Not sure why they would notate his standing as a “redshirt” if he was eligible to play in 2013-14. I hope the new media relations guy clarifies that in our upcoming (cough! cough!) hockey media release.

Comment

• Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                              So now UAA fans can chant "Gopher Rejects" at you.

Comment

• Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                                So now UAA fans can chant "Gopher Rejects" at you.
                                I guess this means we will be using Gopher rejects to beat UAA. Works for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X