Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Alaska Nanooks 2012-2013: Going Out With a Bang

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
    You Guy's are the brain trust of UA_ ……wow what a combination outside game with prizes just convince the “mall Rats to not take anything from the “free stage at the refuse Transfer sites for a week .Empty all the dumpsters put up the dashers and flood the dump parking lot. Turn the dumpsters into “mini sky boxes” ..Put six 55gal drums into each one for seating, have the students decorate them up and the winners get to pick out “prizes from the crap somebody dropped off from the last 2 weeks.
    This from Anchorage Community College, the joke of college hockey becasue they can't even figure out how to hire a coach. I believe there are some Pee Wee coaches that are qualified and they are right here in town. All the money they wasted on interviewing those original four could have been used towards ice in your new barn.

Comment

Originally posted by birdman View Post
      This from Anchorage Community College, the joke of college hockey becasue they can't even figure out how to hire a coach. I believe there are some Pee Wee coaches that are qualified and they are right here in town. All the money they wasted on interviewing those original four could have been used towards ice in your new barn.
      Talking of new barns the patty center should be yours as only 1900 went to your last 3 home playoff games and the patty seats 1300 so you could ,if you really tried could have a "sellout season" with a "bus stop bench seating " marketing theme.
      Also I speculate how many people UA_ will employ to make sure no more than 1 thing happens at a time as it really confuses the existing staff with planning home series when they don’t check the existing master calendar of the Chuckie Cheese Center.
      Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
      UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

• Playoff attendance smack when you haven't played a home playoff game since your current players were in diapers or the womb? I know you can do better.

Talking of new barns the patty center should be yours as only 1900 went to your last 3 home playoff games and the patty seats 1300 so you could ,if you really tried could have a "sellout season" with a "bus stop bench seating " marketing theme.
        Also I speculate how many people UA_ will employ to make sure no more than 1 thing happens at a time as it really confuses the existing staff with planning home series when they don’t check the existing master calendar of the Chuckie Cheese Center.
        “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

You Guy's are the brain trust of UA_ ……wow what a combination outside game with prizes just convince the “mall Rats to not take anything from the “free stage at the refuse Transfer sites for a week .Empty all the dumpsters put up the dashers and flood the dump parking lot. Turn the dumpsters into “mini sky boxes” ..Put six 55gal drums into each one for seating, have the students decorate them up and the winners get to pick out “prizes from the crap somebody dropped off from the last 2 weeks.
          And surprisingly, even that would be a better hockey venue than the Sully.

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
            For the reason that "most” _airbanks fans can't fit in a standard dimension chair and prefer a bleacher " ax handle wide " seating arrangement.
            UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
              For _airbanks they save money playing in the Patty Center Maybe more games should be played there. No Rental of the Chuckie Cheese Center and they would get all the food and beverage sales. plus they could stab you a parking fee to realy put it in the black. For non-students they could also jack up ticket prices for a added bonus.

Comment

Although not confirmed, “The “Mack Report” has us playing at Merrimack on October 25/26. That sounds a lot better than Mercyhurst at the Patty Center. Hope that works out.

Not counting UAA, that would be 7 trips to the lower 48. Tough sledding, but that’s the price of admission. Good thing traveling out for away games is not near as arduous as traveling up to Alaska for a series. So I understand.

With non-conference games against Quinnipiac, Air Force, Denver, Western Michigan, and hopefully Merrimack all in October, we could be winless, frustrated and hungry by the time conference play opens up Nov 1 & 2 against NMU at home.

Go Nooks!

Comment

Y'all have some real winners for derogatory commentary around here. I'm guessing that you're saving the inbred jokes for us?

GFM
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                    Y'all have some real winners for derogatory commentary around here. I'm guessing that you're saving the inbred jokes for us?

GFM
                    AH is even more ornery than usual this offseason.
                    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post

GFM
                      GFM Get in line because when I am done with Squarebanks and mmf I don't want to have to go looking for you

Comment

GFM Get in line because when I am done with Squarebanks and mmf I don't want to have to go looking for you
                        Just remember: we're just wetbacks coming across the border to play your game.

GFM <— Just hit it, pillowhands.
                        Geof F. Morris
                        UAH BSE MAE 2002
                        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                          Just remember: we're just wetbacks coming across the border to play your game.

GFM <— Just hit it, pillowhands.
                          More like 2 border crossing's in the bus.

Comment

The 2013-14 schedule is up on the Alaska website and we have Mercyhurst Oct 25 & 26 at the Patty.

Comment

More like 2 border crossing's in the bus.
                              To the game and getting out of this hick town! Thank God there is a sport for middle-sized white boys.

GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

AK 2013-14 hockey schedule
                                Sep 28 BLUE/GOLD at 707pm* at Patty Center
                                Oct 5********* University of British Columbia at 707pm
                                Oct 11-12**** @ Kendall Classic-Sullivan Arena /Air Force-Quinnipiac at 407pm/507pm
                                Oct 18-19**** Brice Alaska Goal Rush/Denver-Western Michigan at 807/707pm
                                Oct 25-26***Mercyhurst at UAF Patty Center at 707pm
                                Nov 1-2******** Northern Mich at 707pm
                                Nov 8-9******** @Lake State at 337/307pm
                                Nov 15-16***** OFF
                                Nov 22-23***** @Ferris State at 337pm
                                Nov 29-30***** Mich Tech at 707pm
                                Dec 6-7******** Alaska Anchorage Both Away at 707pm
                                Dec 13-14**** @ Bemidji State at 437/407pm
                                Jan 3-4******** Mankato State at 707pm
                                Jan 10-11***** @ Bowling Green at 307pm
                                Jan 17-18***** @Northern Mich at 307pm
                                Jan 24-25***** Bemidji State at 707pm
                                Jan 31-Feb 1******* Alabama-Huntsville
                                Feb 7-8******** OFF
                                Feb 14-15***** @Mich Tech at 307pm
                                Feb 21-22***** OFF
                                Feb 28-Mar 1******* Ferris State at 707pm
                                Mar 7-8*********Alaska Anchorage Both Home at 707pm
                                Mar 14-15-16*** WCHA Playoffs First Round
                                Mar 21-22*** WCHA Final 5
                                Mar 28-29*** NCAA Qtr Finals
                                Apr 10-12**** NCAA Frozen 4

Comment

Working...
                                X