Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Alaska Nanooks 2012-2013: Going Out With a Bang

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
    I hope not. I don't care how bad they are, I want nothing to do with Red Berenson in a CCHA playoff series.
    I thought his eligibility was all used up. No matter, he could still skate around our d-men untouched, with puck control, flipping it on net and burning our goaltender. And that would be on the first or second shot of the period...each period. We don't learn from our mistakes very quickly.

Comment

Ouch! We have shown that we have the goaltending and defense to loose to just about anybody on any given night. Notwithstanding, I hope we can hold onto 6th and MSU holds on to 11th. I would rather we host MSU than UM or NMU. After all, it took MSU four shots on goal before they scored…that’s a vast improvement over some of our other recent games. Look for positives.

Edit: I guess I shouldn't be so hard on the goaltending and defense...I mean we scored zero goals. So other than goaltending, defense, and offense, we're right where we want to be this point in the season. Still looking for the positives.
      Last edited by mmf; 02-23-2013, 04:18 PM.

Comment

What on earth happened to these guys? And at this rate what will be worse, losing to the last place CCHA team or the last place WCHA team? We look awful right now...MSU had 13 freakin shots and won.
        “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

What on earth happened to these guys? And at this rate what will be worse, losing to the last place CCHA team or the last place WCHA team? We look awful right now...MSU had 13 freakin shots and won.
          I watched the game, and came away thinking that maybe UAA has a chance in the Gov Cup series.
          Originally Posted by aparch
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
            I watched the game, and came away thinking that maybe UAA has a chance in the Gov Cup series.

OK, Nook fans may be a little frustrated with the team...but that's no resaon for crazy talk!

Go Nooks!

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
              OK, Nook fans may be a little frustrated with the team...but that's no resaon for crazy talk!

Go Nooks!
              Hey, any silver lining where I can get it.
              Originally Posted by aparch
              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Go Nooks!
                There's optimism and then there's crazy talk...
                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                  There's optimism and then there's crazy talk...
                  It's shaping up to be an epic pillowfight next weekend.
                  “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

It's shaping up to be an epic pillowfight next weekend.
                    That is a upgrade from what is going on in _airbanks now........Moose Nugget Bowling.....
                    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Not sure where we sit in pairwise, but I would think the boys need to take two from UAA, sweep the first round of playoffs (likely MSU), and pull the second round upset to even get back into the hunt.

It’s all setting up pretty nicely to at least give us that shot. I hope current CCHA standings remain unchanged when all is said and done. We would host MSU, which will be very physical after Saturday night’s shenanigans, but we should prevail in that series. They have better goaltending but we are a much better skating club.

If all stays the same I believe we would be traveling to Notre Dame for a best of three series. We match up well and an upset would not be out of the question. Even if we travel to WMU an upset would not be out of reach. Miami has our number so hope that doesn’t happen until we get a shot at a one game winner take all.

But first we need to make sure another set of UAA seniors has never held the CUP.

Go Nooks!

Comment

• Originally posted by mmf View Post
                        Not sure where we sit in pairwise, but I would think the boys need to take two from UAA, sweep the first round of playoffs (likely MSU), and pull the second round upset to even get back into the hunt.

It’s all setting up pretty nicely to at least give us that shot. I hope current CCHA standings remain unchanged when all is said and done. We would host MSU, which will be very physical after Saturday night’s shenanigans, but we should prevail in that series. They have better goaltending but we are a much better skating club.

If all stays the same I believe we would be traveling to Notre Dame for a best of three series. We match up well and an upset would not be out of the question. Even if we travel to WMU an upset would not be out of reach. Miami has our number so hope that doesn’t happen until we get a shot at a one game winner take all.

But first we need to make sure another set of UAA seniors has never held the CUP.

Go Nooks!
                        We're 18 right now, although that may change after today's BC/Merrimack game. We really screwed ourselves by getting swept at LSSU. I'm surprised we aren't lower than 18. We have a chance to sneak in, but it will take some fortuitous happenings, all of which start by putting a beating on UAA. Considering how we've looked the last couple weeks, that beating isn't such a sure thing anymore.

Comment

A couple questions for anyone in the know. Who is responsible for snow removal at the Carlson Center?…the Borough or SMG. What a mess. I’d be ****ed if I was paying the VIP parking fee for that goat-rope. They need to clean the lots, clean around the lots, and clean some walkways. I can’t believe the fire Marshall hasn’t cited them for not being able to fully open the rear exit doors by the river. I use those every game and the snow/ice build up only allows the doors to open 18 inches or so. Good thing I’m svelte. It’s been bad enough lately, but add another 500 or so pickup trucks for this Friday night’s game against UAA, and it will be impossible.

And along those lines, who is responsible for what or if anything of value plays on the scoreboard video… UAF or SMG? We have a pretty dead student section, but Saturday night folks were antsy to get pumped up, all they needed was a little prompting. We could do so very much more with that scoreboard. But it might a little creative effort.

Comment

A couple questions for anyone in the know. Who is responsible for snow removal at the Carlson Center?…the Borough or SMG. What a mess. I’d be ****ed if I was paying the VIP parking fee for that goat-rope.
                            SMG but…….I’ve seen where you park, you could chug a 6 pack from where you park to the back door at a slow stagger.
                            They need to clean the lots, clean around the lots, and clean some walkways. I can’t believe the fire Marshall hasn’t cited them for not being able to fully open the rear exit doors by the river. I use those every game and the snow/ice build up only allows the doors to open 18 inches or so. Good thing I’m svelte.
                            When you get free tickets it's hard to bite the hand that feeds you and from what I heard you have to go out the roll up Zamboni door to make a fast exit.

It’s been bad enough lately, but add another 500 or so pickup trucks for this Friday night’s game against UAA, and it will be impossible.
                            If they just show up for the last game of the season due you think SMG really cares? I don’t think so but if the _airbanks cops did a safety check and wants and warrants on 2nd or Wilber the parking lot would be almost empty

And along those lines, who is responsible for what or if anything of value plays on the scoreboard video… UAF or SMG?
                            That is UA_ and they play up to their patrons
                            We have a pretty dead student section,
                            That happens when you take anybody with a weak pulse to go to school there. But you know better that me that the smart _airbanks people send their kids to UAA
                            but Saturday night folks were antsy to get pumped up, all they needed was a little prompting.
                            but can they read? Or do they just need a pull or 2 on a quart of cheap booze?
                            We could do so very much more with that scoreboard. But it might a little creative effort.
                            The locals must be tired of the outer space dump bear cartoon that they thought it could get an Oscar the first time it hit the scoreboard screen.

I hope this clears thing up for you mmf.
                            UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Comment

I always enjoy it when you get your internet privileges back in time for the Governor's Cup series. But now I need to dust off my Alaska Hockey to English Dictionary. Now where did I leave it…

*****http://i130.***********.com/albums/p248/mmffbks/SeawolfBookshelf.jpg******

Comment

I always enjoy it when you get your internet privileges back in time for the Governor's Cup series. But now I need to dust off my Alaska Hockey to English Dictionary. Now where did I leave it…

*****http://i130.***********.com/albums/p248/mmffbks/SeawolfBookshelf.jpg******
                                Starting to fail to remember things......... …old age and some off the nastiest air quality in the world in all probability doesn't help either. No wonder the Chinese travel to the _airbanks to stare into space in the dead of winter and think nothing about it …….just like back home in Beijing. Did you dust with a shop vac, a number 9 coal scoop or a leaf blower? Does anybody going north for Friday's game need to pack a couple cases those ever popular “white Michael Jackson Masks” or does the Red Cross give them out like free stuff at the dump?

Comment

Working...
                                X