Alaska Nanooks 2012-2013: Going Out With a Bang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Alaska Nanooks 2012-2013: Going Out With a Bang

Did we really just score five goals and win in Yost?
    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

• Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
      Sure did.

Tomorrow's game will be on Dish Network nationwide on sports alternate channel 448. (i get it through the $9 a month multi-sports pack) Not aware of any other nooks game on tv this year outside of Alaska.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoalieEd View Post
        Sure did.

Tomorrow's game will be on Dish Network nationwide on sports alternate channel 448. (i get it through the $9 a month multi-sports pack) Not aware of any other nooks game on tv this year outside of Alaska.
        One of the games next week against Notre Dame is supposed to be on CBS College Sports.
        “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
          I think Keeney has emerged as the #1. His save percentage is in the 91% range over 9 or so games. Cahill and Thompson are both about 88% in roughly half the playing time.

With all due respect to Steve Thompson, I think the rest of this season needs to be about Keeney and Cahill.
          Not last night 4 goals on 23 shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
            Not that big of a deal this season. Michigan is 6-7-0 at home this year. So much for home ice advantage. Basketball being a national power has taken hockey's spot as the #2 sport on campus and you can tell this by the attendance.
            ---
            National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
            Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
            19 Conference Championships
            10 Conference Tournament Championships
            2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Tonights UAF vs Michigan game will be on fox 7 in HD, tape delayed AFTER football (around 7:30PM start time).
              The Alaska Airlines Governors cup is where it belongs.

Comment

Well at least they're not calling penalties in this one 12 PP total, 8 for UM and 4 for UAF
                NCAA Champions: 1984

NCAA Tourney: 1977, 1978, 1979, 1982, 1984, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990

CCHA Champions: 1976, 1978, 1979, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1987

Comment

• Originally posted by birdman View Post
                  Not last night 4 goals on 23 shots.
                  1 on 30 shots tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
                    Not that big of a deal this season.
                    I had to laugh when I read that!

Congrats 'Nooks on your sweep.

11 vs 1
                    NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

• Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
                      Not that big of a deal this season. Michigan is 6-7-0 at home this year. So much for home ice advantage. Basketball being a national power has taken hockey's spot as the #2 sport on campus and you can tell this by the attendance.
                      I don't care how crappy Michigan is this year, getting a sweep at Yost after a 7 game winless streak and no game action for 34 days is pretty impressive. Especially considering we haven't swept Michigan before, ever.

Comment

A great sweep for the 'Nooks this weekend, who didn't show many signs of rust after such a long layoff. And coming into Yost and getting a sweep is impressive, regardless of how strong or weak Michigan may or may not be. While we have not had the greatest success in Yost, we have had some good success against Michigan in recent years under Ferguson. And with that long of a time to prepare for that series, I would have hoped that to be the case.

But Notre Dame will be a bigger test this coming week, although they are showing some signs of wear as of late. They also have a game Tuesday night against Bowling Green after a split with Michigan State. MSU's goalie is hot right now too, and ND did not produce any shortage of scoring chances. So we'll see how they do on a short week travelling back to South Bend.

The guys are hanging out in Grand Rapids, Michigan this week getting some practices in. I think they head to South Bend on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning.

Also, Kunyk and Quinn were the offensive and defensive players of the week. Both had a great series, well deserving. I'd say Keeney was close to deserving as well, but the 4 goals allowed on Friday kinda deterred voters I'm sure. Plus Hildebrand had an impressive series against ND.
                        Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at http://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

Comment

What a crazy finish! I was really impressed with how resilient the Nanooks were last night. When ND scored that first goal, they didn't quit. They took it to them, and two quick goals later, ND is chasing us the rest of the game.

But what an unreal finish to a hockey game. Just full of drama and excitement to get the game winner with just 3 seconds left on the clock! You can't make a movie any better than that! That takes me back 4 years ago when the 'Nooks played Ohio State at home in a game three to advance to the Joe, and deadlocked in a 0-0 tie when Ronnie Meyers scores with less than a minute on the clock to win it 1-0. Chad Johnson with a 50+ save shutout. My excitement was on par with that last night. Crazy!
                          Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at http://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

Comment

If you don't have Direct TV or Dish, what bars in town will be showing the Sarurday game?

Comment

This team was dead in the water in December. There's a lot of hockey to play, but sweeping Michigan and Notre Dame is a hell of a way to start 2013.

Now that we've learned how to win, it's time to get this NMU monkey off our backs.

Comment

Great road trip Nooks!
                                Alaska - My Very Big Back Yard!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X