• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alaska Hockey
    replied
    Re: Alaska Nanooks 2012-2013: Going Out With a Bang

Originally posted by mmf View Post
    And surprisingly, even that would be a better hockey venue than the Sully.
    For the reason that "most” _airbanks fans can't fit in a standard dimension chair and prefer a bleacher " ax handle wide " seating arrangement.

Leave a comment:

• mmf
    replied

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
    You Guy's are the brain trust of UA_ ……wow what a combination outside game with prizes just convince the “mall Rats to not take anything from the “free stage at the refuse Transfer sites for a week .Empty all the dumpsters put up the dashers and flood the dump parking lot. Turn the dumpsters into “mini sky boxes” ..Put six 55gal drums into each one for seating, have the students decorate them up and the winners get to pick out “prizes from the crap somebody dropped off from the last 2 weeks.
    And surprisingly, even that would be a better hockey venue than the Sully.

Leave a comment:

• Squarebanks
    replied
    Playoff attendance smack when you haven't played a home playoff game since your current players were in diapers or the womb? I know you can do better.

Talking of new barns the patty center should be yours as only 1900 went to your last 3 home playoff games and the patty seats 1300 so you could ,if you really tried could have a "sellout season" with a "bus stop bench seating " marketing theme.
    Also I speculate how many people UA_ will employ to make sure no more than 1 thing happens at a time as it really confuses the existing staff with planning home series when they don’t check the existing master calendar of the Chuckie Cheese Center.

Leave a comment:

• Alaska Hockey
    replied

Originally posted by birdman View Post
    This from Anchorage Community College, the joke of college hockey becasue they can't even figure out how to hire a coach. I believe there are some Pee Wee coaches that are qualified and they are right here in town. All the money they wasted on interviewing those original four could have been used towards ice in your new barn.
    Talking of new barns the patty center should be yours as only 1900 went to your last 3 home playoff games and the patty seats 1300 so you could ,if you really tried could have a "sellout season" with a "bus stop bench seating " marketing theme.
    Also I speculate how many people UA_ will employ to make sure no more than 1 thing happens at a time as it really confuses the existing staff with planning home series when they don’t check the existing master calendar of the Chuckie Cheese Center.

Leave a comment:

• birdman
    replied

You Guy's are the brain trust of UA_ ……wow what a combination outside game with prizes just convince the “mall Rats to not take anything from the “free stage at the refuse Transfer sites for a week .Empty all the dumpsters put up the dashers and flood the dump parking lot. Turn the dumpsters into “mini sky boxes” ..Put six 55gal drums into each one for seating, have the students decorate them up and the winners get to pick out “prizes from the crap somebody dropped off from the last 2 weeks.
    This from Anchorage Community College, the joke of college hockey becasue they can't even figure out how to hire a coach. I believe there are some Pee Wee coaches that are qualified and they are right here in town. All the money they wasted on interviewing those original four could have been used towards ice in your new barn.

Leave a comment:

• Alaska Hockey
    replied

They should turn the Friday night game into a marketing opportunity for students and discourage season ticket holders and us old farts from attending (the seats are too hard for me anyway).

Organize pre-game and post-game activities and advertise a large door prize/giveaway for those students attending. Award other prizes to the dorms or student groups that come up with the cleverest/funniest chant. See how many rowdy students they can pack into that place, and more importantly, see how many continuing student fans they can attract.

After all, we’ll be coming off a four game win streak over Quinnipiac, Air Force, Denver, and Western Michigan, so everyone will be in a good mood to start with.

Go Nooks!
    Originally posted by Schlacker Rat View Post
    I'd rather see them play these games outside than in the Patty Ice Arena!

Leave a comment:

• Squarebanks
    replied
    I think you nailed it. Push that series to the students and make it as loud and rowdy as possible. Sure it isn't ideal, but make the most of it.

They should turn the Friday night game into a marketing opportunity for students and discourage season ticket holders and us old farts from attending (the seats are too hard for me anyway).

Organize pre-game and post-game activities and advertise a large door prize/giveaway for those students attending. Award other prizes to the dorms or student groups that come up with the cleverest/funniest chant. See how many rowdy students they can pack into that place, and more importantly, see how many continuing student fans they can attract.

After all, we’ll be coming off a four game win streak over Quinnipiac, Air Force, Denver, and Western Michigan, so everyone will be in a good mood to start with.

Go Nooks!

Leave a comment:

• mmf
    replied

Go Nooks!

Leave a comment:

• Schlacker Rat
    replied

I'd rather see them play these games outside than in the Patty Ice Arena!

Leave a comment:

• Wondering
    replied

Wow. The Patty Center is listed online as having a capacity of 1,3OO. Average attendance at the Carlson Center games is about 2,8OO. So half of the Nanooks fans will just be out of luck when Mercyhurst comes to town? (Or more than that, given that the Patty Center location could attract a higher-than-usual number of students.} How many of those 1,3OO seats will be left once season ticket holders are accommodated?

Not a good way to grow your fan base. I'm disappointed.

Leave a comment:

• AKJD
    replied

Anybody know what the deal is with Mercyhurst? What will that make, something like four trips up to AK in the last six seasons? That's as many as some of our conference mates! I'm not really complaining, it's just surprising. Kinda makes you wonder if there's some connection behind the scenes, or if maybe their coaching staff just REALLY likes making the trip up.

Leave a comment:

• Squarebanks
    replied

No joke on the Patty. This is thanks to the annual AFN convention being in town that weekend. The Carlson is the only facility big enough to handle AFN. I heard talk about this at the athletics banquet last week.

As for using the Dipper, my guess is it would be a lot cheaper to use the Patty since it is owned by the university.

Don't worry, when we have our new on-campus ice arena in 75 years it won't be an issue anymore.

Leave a comment:

• fairbanks hockey puck
    replied

The duo, who played in the United States Hockey League this season, are the sixth and seventh players to sign on with Alaska Hockey's Class of 2017. They join forwards Marcus Basara, Shawn Hochhausen and Brandon Morley of the British Columbia Hockey League, Joey Davies of the Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League and Josh Erickson of the USHL.

Leave a comment:

• fairbanks hockey puck
    replied

Seven recruits for 2013-14. The last two...two Fairbanks kids who played in the USHL. Forward Jared Linnell, whose dad played defense and mom volleyball at UAF and Justin Woods, a big defense man who will be a good one with time....Taylor Munson has one more year of junior eligibility left and will not be a Nanook this season...

Leave a comment:

• fairbanks hockey puck
    replied

FNA at Carlson is October 24-25-26...Ice Dogs must be at Dipper??

Leave a comment:

Working...
X