• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mmf
    replied
    Re: Alaska Nanooks 2012-2013: Going Out With a Bang

Originally posted by Suze View Post
    I watched the game, and came away thinking that maybe UAA has a chance in the Gov Cup series.

OK, Nook fans may be a little frustrated with the team...but that's no resaon for crazy talk!

Go Nooks!

Leave a comment:

• Suze
    replied

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
    What on earth happened to these guys? And at this rate what will be worse, losing to the last place CCHA team or the last place WCHA team? We look awful right now...MSU had 13 freakin shots and won.
    I watched the game, and came away thinking that maybe UAA has a chance in the Gov Cup series.

Leave a comment:

• Squarebanks
    replied

What on earth happened to these guys? And at this rate what will be worse, losing to the last place CCHA team or the last place WCHA team? We look awful right now...MSU had 13 freakin shots and won.

Leave a comment:

• mmf
    replied

Ouch! We have shown that we have the goaltending and defense to loose to just about anybody on any given night. Notwithstanding, I hope we can hold onto 6th and MSU holds on to 11th. I would rather we host MSU than UM or NMU. After all, it took MSU four shots on goal before they scored…that’s a vast improvement over some of our other recent games. Look for positives.

Edit: I guess I shouldn't be so hard on the goaltending and defense...I mean we scored zero goals. So other than goaltending, defense, and offense, we're right where we want to be this point in the season. Still looking for the positives.
    Last edited by mmf; 02-23-2013, 04:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mmf
    replied

I hope not. I don't care how bad they are, I want nothing to do with Red Berenson in a CCHA playoff series.
    I thought his eligibility was all used up. No matter, he could still skate around our d-men untouched, with puck control, flipping it on net and burning our goaltender. And that would be on the first or second shot of the period...each period. We don't learn from our mistakes very quickly.

Leave a comment:

• Squarebanks
    replied

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
    Michigan could be in Alaska for the 1st round of the CCHA playoffs as well. .
    I hope not. I don't care how bad they are, I want nothing to do with Red Berenson in a CCHA playoff series.

Leave a comment:

• LSSULaker889294
    replied

There's a good chance we will get then again two weeks later in the playoffs. I wonder if Anastos will pitch as big of a hissy fit as Comley did a couple years ago.
    Michigan could be in Alaska for the 1st round of the CCHA playoffs as well. .

Leave a comment:

• Squarebanks
    replied
    Originally posted by UMICH View Post
    Things could be worse guys, you could be Michigan fans. Wow, this is a baaaaaaaadddd year. I don't get it. Sweep sparty out of your rink next week.
    There's a good chance we will get then again two weeks later in the playoffs. I wonder if Anastos will pitch as big of a hissy fit as Comley did a couple years ago.

Leave a comment:

• UMICH
    replied

Things could be worse guys, you could be Michigan fans. Wow, this is a baaaaaaaadddd year. I don't get it. Sweep sparty out of your rink next week.

Leave a comment:

• Squarebanks
    replied
    Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
    Nanooks played well again, but got some shaky goaltending from Thompson tonight. I thought two of the goals he gave up were on the weak side.
    Goaltending has been a question mark for us all season and I think it is finally catching up to us. Keeney has played well but seems to have hit a wall in February. I wouldn't be surprised with a Cahill start next weekend against Sparty. Something needs to get shaken up.

Leave a comment:

• Squarebanks
    replied

Well in addition to getting swept we may have screwed ourselves out of the NCAAs. I guess I'm glad they seemed to enjoy their trip to Sault Ste. Marie in Steve Thompson's YouTube collection.

UAF always seems consistently inconsistent, but this year has been a Jekyll and Hyde of epic proportions. Played great the first six weeks into mid November, then awful the rest of November. Unbeatable in January (literally and figuratively), can't hardly buy a win in February. I guess if this pattern holds we will sweep through the playoffs in March and go to the NCAAs after all. So we have that going for us.

Other than that, really disappointed right now. Two weeks ago I thought a strong finish and Governors Cup win was in order, now I am not too sure about either of those things.

Leave a comment:

• LSSULaker889294
    replied

Nanooks played well again, but got some shaky goaltending from Thompson tonight. I thought two of the goals he gave up were on the weak side.

Leave a comment:

• PerkyforPrez
    replied
    Originally posted by UAFHockeyFan314 View Post
    Well perhaps last night didn't go so well... I'm a little disappointed as the team didn't seem ready to play at the start of the 1st period. I wasn't able to watch or listen to the game, hence no blog or Twitter updates. But the box score and some of the other recaps around the net certainly tell a story. According to the line charts tonight, John Keeney will ride the pine pony and senior Steve Thompson will get his first start since the 3-4 OT Loss up in Marquette back in November. Just hoping that goal that he allowed last night on the first shot he faced doesn't waver his confidence any.

On the other side of it though, 47 shots on goal with 7 power play opportunities, and the only tally on the board is a Morley Shorty (that has a bit of a ring to it... I like it...!)? That doesn't equate to any of the recent offensive success that we've had, and frankly I don't understand it... Murdock isn't super human...

Needless to say, hoping for a better showing tonight.

I think the Nooks did not play all that bad this weekend. The Lakers just made excellent use of their week off.

As far as Murdock not being super human that is what some of the Miami fans called him earlier in the season when he stoned them down there.

Leave a comment:

• UAFHockeyFan314
    replied

Well perhaps last night didn't go so well... I'm a little disappointed as the team didn't seem ready to play at the start of the 1st period. I wasn't able to watch or listen to the game, hence no blog or Twitter updates. But the box score and some of the other recaps around the net certainly tell a story. According to the line charts tonight, John Keeney will ride the pine pony and senior Steve Thompson will get his first start since the 3-4 OT Loss up in Marquette back in November. Just hoping that goal that he allowed last night on the first shot he faced doesn't waver his confidence any.

On the other side of it though, 47 shots on goal with 7 power play opportunities, and the only tally on the board is a Morley Shorty (that has a bit of a ring to it... I like it...!)? That doesn't equate to any of the recent offensive success that we've had, and frankly I don't understand it... Murdock isn't super human...

Needless to say, hoping for a better showing tonight.

Leave a comment:

• Squarebanks
    replied
    Need a split or a tie/win, at least. Abel Arena is only slightly less unkind to us than Marquette, so we'll see.

If we get through this weekend relatively unscathed and take care of business against Sparty and UAA we should be in good shape come playoff/selection time.

Originally posted by mmf View Post
    Hope the boys are ready for this weekend. We need another road sweep to stay in the hunt. Shouldn’t be a problem since America-One Sports shows LSSU playing Alaska Anchorage tonight also. I sure hope we get them the second game of tonight’s double header. Or maybe Anchorage is playing their JV team.

I also note that LSSU is coming off a bye week. It seems like we have read that a lot this season. It looks like we will have played four series against teams coming off a bye week (BGSU, Miami, OSU, LSSU). Seems like a lot. But no excuses. Just get’r done.

Go Nooks!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X