2012-13 Hockey East Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012-13 Hockey East Thread

Look at the Hockey East standings right now, and tell me it's not more exciting when only the top 8 teams qualify.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      there was a questionable call against mc couple weeks ago vs uhn (these things equal out over a season... can't expect it during a game! or a period!! )
      mookies rant continues!

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
      Look at the Hockey East standings right now, and tell me it's not more exciting when only the top 8 teams qualify.
      100% agree. HE wasn't broke and they are "fixing" it adding ND and the other school and they are going to "fix" the tourney too, great

Comment

Trying to remember the last time we had the standings this close ... 4 points separating 1st through 6th (as of right now anyway). This is fantastic.

Can't wait till we get every team making the playoffs, so this whole fight for positioning is all pretty much irrelevant.
        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

In general I agree but it wont have an impact on jockeying for home ice or 5th or 6th. That will still be very important for PWR, etc. It's the race at the bottom that really becomes meaningless.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            In general I agree but it wont have an impact on jockeying for home ice or 5th or 6th. That will still be very important for PWR, etc. It's the race at the bottom that really becomes meaningless.
            If I was in the bottom half (which we will be if things continue at this pace) I'd try like crazy to avoid that quick flight to Indiana!!
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

With one weekend to go, it's kind of fun to see what people predicted...
              Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
              2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
              2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
                BC-King until dethroned.
                UML- no you will not finish first.
                PC-on the way up.
                BU-a date with BC in the semis.
                UNH-you really can't break up that BC-BU game.
                NU-Hounds deserve better than they have received lately.
                MC-that puts someone else lower.
                ME- Goodbye Timmay, last game in Quarters at Conte.
                UMA-tie with UVM.
                UVM-tie with UMA as the coaches think alike and know each other too well.
                Congratulations King Lowell, but was it ever so close. As for me I guess I did not give enough credit for Vermont and too much for Northeastern. Most on here who predicted were not too far off though.

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
                  BC-King until dethroned.
                  UML- no you will not finish first.
                  PC-on the way up.
                  BU-a date with BC in the semis.
                  UNH-you really can't break up that BC-BU game.
                  NU-Hounds deserve better than they have received lately.
                  MC-that puts someone else lower.
                  ME- Goodbye Timmay, last game in Quarters at Conte.
                  UMA-tie with UVM.
                  UVM-tie with UMA as the coaches think alike and know each other too well.
                  So, can we make a minor revision to this and say " Goodbye Timmay, last game in Quarters at Tsongas" and be okay with that ?? I mean the placement is perfect, why not the prediction also ??
                  sure why not

Comment

Oops... I forgot to post my pre-season picks. Here they are...

1. UML
                    2. BC
                    3. BU
                    4. PC
                    5. UNH
                    6. MC
                    7. UVM
                    8. Maine
                    9. NU
                    10. UMass

Don't know what I was thinking on the UMass and NU picks.
                    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

• Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
                      There is no chance UVM finishes higher than Maine, Merrimack or Northeastern this season. Zero. Better to accept it now.
                      I was right on all but Merrimack. Two out of three ain't bad.

Comment

Working...
                      X