5. Maine on solid tending and balanced attack
    6. PC improving but needs to win away from coffin
    7. NU inconsistent but tough to play
    8. UMA as usual draws BC in 1st round
    9. Mack could move up if they can find scoring
    10. UVM work in process

Comment

Re: 2012-13 Hockey East Thread

You realize you've all but assure PC of finishing out of the running for home ice this year right? Ah well... I was a bit late with that information... sigh.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
      -Blackadder
      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
      -Casablanca
      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Old Time Hockey View Post
        8. UMA as usual draws BC in 1st round
        Please no

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
          I wouldn't be so quick to anoint BU a top 2 team. They obviously lost a bunch of players last year, some of whom should still be on the team and then lost a couple more of their best players in the off-season, plus they will playing a Freshman goalie. They COULD certainly be a top 2 team, but I wouldn't say it's anything even close to a sure thing.
          No doubt that this BU team will rely more on freshmen than any in recent memory. We need a combination of a Millan to show up in net plus a freshmen forward trio like Bourque, MacArthur and Ewing.
          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Here is my take:

1.) BC - Just becuase its BC and they always have the talent
            2.) UML - Going to give BC a run for their money, especially if Carr has a repeat performance.For all you non-believers, this team is really good.
            3.) PC - This team is for real. And if the goaltending is as good as they say, the Riverhawks and Eagles may be in trouble
            4.) BU - How will the Freshmen respond.. good enough for home ice.
            5.) UNH - It all rides on goaltending for these guys... could see 3-7 finish
            6.) NU - This team is my darkhorse, and its all on Rawlings. If he can be the Rawlings of old... watch out Hockey East, as this team could make a splash for home ice.
            7.) Maine - I dont know what to make of this team. Lots of scoring gone, makes me drop them here.
            8.) Mack - No Cannata, no good
            9.) Amherst - Well... new coach, new system, maybe the UML of this season? Not expecting much here...
            10.) UVM - Honestly, with last year being a disaster... you never know about this upcoming one. As a Lowell fan, I can certainly tell you, anything is possible
            "We will play a style that is a puck-possession game, an up-tempo style ... It will rely on speed and toughness. I’m sure these players can
            make that adjustment very easily. We’re going to make the Tsongas a tough place to get points for other teams." -UML Coach Norm Bazin

Comment

UMass is going to have one real good line, one decent line, but what makes anyone think their goaltenders are all of a sudden going to become plus 900 save percentage goalies. I haven't seen anything to lead me to believe they can accomplish that.

Comment

1. BC

The rest of us are their *****es.

Comment

[QUOTE=Yuppie Scum;5496813]Stock rising: PC, UML, BU - all three returning solid talent and goaltending [QUOTE]

2 of the 3 teams will be starting freshman in net. Talented, yes. Returning, no.
                  2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                  2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                    Please no
                    If you don't want to play UMass again, just lose a bunch of games and don't get home ice. Problem solved.
                    #NewMass

Comment

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
                      1. BC

The rest of us are their *****es.
                      Yep... sigh.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                      -Blackadder
                      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                      -Casablanca
                      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Hockey East media released their preseason poll.
                        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Boy, that Maine first place vote sure sticks out like a sore thumb.
                          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

2 things:

1) Why do they have 4 F? unless they tied which it doesn't say
                            2) Joey Diamond is joining the Scotty Reynolds All-Stars, what is this his 8th year of eligibility?

Comment

Apparently the Hockey East media takes after Hockey East and loves the everyone deserves a trophy mentality. I don't even care if there was a tie, just pick three forwards.

As for Diamond, at least it's the last year Hockey East fans have to watch him.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                                2 things:

1) Why do they have 4 F? unless they tied which it doesn't say
                                2) Joey Diamond is joining the Scotty Reynolds All-Stars, what is this his 8th year of eligibility?
                                In the written part of the article it says because of a tie in the balloting there were 4 forwards named this year... they must not have a tiebraker system.

Comment

Working...
                                X