Clear All

Re: 2012-13 Hockey East Thread

Does Gaudreau win Hockey East POTY?
    Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
    Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Top 4 in no particular order UML,PC,BC,BU in the Garden........It will be interesting to see what Dennehy does with Mack this year and if Umile can get a bounce back to familiar territory for the Wildcats. Wither Maine? i dunno............and jjmc85, please, not at BC again for the quarters, ok? ......... NU? wait a year until your monster recruiting class comes in 2013

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
        jjmc85, please, not at BC again for the quarters, ok? ........
        Fourth time's the charm.
        #NewMass

Comment

Originally posted by jjmc85 View Post
          Fourth time's the charm.
          it goes something like that, good luck this year, just go somewhere else for the QF's

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
            While we're extremely excited for this year, and deservedly so, I don't think any fans have said anything like this.
            Nor should we rule out such things... I think anywhere from 2-5th is reasonable I'd personally ballpark the NCAAs at a 60-75% proposition... and hell, if we make it that far, let's shoot for the moon.

I also don't think players develop nearly as much as we'd like to think. I'm not going to start making claims about "Frozen Four" appearances unless our new goalie and our freshman go out and play out of their minds right away.
            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
            Skating Friar Jersey
            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

1.) Boston College - Top talent in a relatively weak league. Frozen Four team likely.
              2.) BU - Second most talent in the league
              3.) Providence - Team up the street is a darkhorse about to unleash a monster goalie
              4.) Mass@Lowell - Not as talented as Lowell fans think. Expect a step back year and a return to Earth by Wilson
              5.) NH - Fights for home ice most of the year.
              6.) Maine - Tough to replace the weapons as they slide after their NCAA year last year
              7.) Northeastern - I hope Roy sucks and flunks out of school
              8.) Merrimack - Back to reality
              9.) Massachusetts - Only 9th because of the existence of UVM
              10) UVM - Worst Hockey East team since the early UMass teams
              Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

1. BC - until knocked off.
                2. Lowell - returns almost everyone, including Carr and ROTY Wilson.
                3. BU - lots of talent, hopefully for Terrier fans they'll have fewer distractions and subtractions.
                4. PC - gotta love what they're doing in Providence. Tough team.
                5. UNH - Umile's team fights hard but goes on the road for the playoffs.
                6. NU - I think NU will be better than people think, IF Rawlings isn't a complete tool like last season.
                7. Maine - lost too much firepower. The end of Timmay Time?
                8. Merrimack - without Cannata they're toast.
                9. UMass - awful, but Vermont is worse.
                10. UVM - something is rotten in the state of Vermont. Too bad, I like Sneddon.
                Lowell Forever
                Forever Lowell

Comment

[1]UMass-Lowell [2]BC [3]UNH [4]Maine [5]Providence [6]BU [7]Merrimack [8]UMass [9]Northeastern [10]Vermont

Comment

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
                    Gaudreau wins Hobey. Book it.

As for teams, it's a two team race this year with everyone else having a slap fight for 3rd place. Lowell's going to be legit. Too bad they play the most boring hockey not played on a grassy field.
                    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by jjmc85 View Post
                      Just like every other year in recent memory, a majority of posters will predict that UMass will miss the Hockey East Playoffs. Just like every other year in recent memory, they will be wrong.
                      If I predicted that UMass will be swept by BC at Conte in the QFs, would that make you happy?

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
                      Uh, Hello...haven't you ever heard of Scott Wilson? Jeesh...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                        Gaudreau wins Hobey. Book it.

As for teams, it's a two team race this year with everyone else having a slap fight for 3rd place. Lowell's going to be legit. Too bad they play the most boring hockey not played on a grassy field.
                        Lowell was 4th is scoring offense for Hockey East, overall and conference. Boring how?
                        Lowell Forever
                        Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                          ...6. NU - I think NU will be better than people think, IF Rawlings isn't a complete tool like last season.
                          This says everything you need to know about NU, especially the last part.
                          "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                            jjmc85, please, not at BC again for the quarters, ok?
                            This.

Please, literally anyone but UMass for the QF

Comment

1. Boston College: BC is BC -- 'nuff said.
                              2. Boston University: BU is BU -- i.e., a darn good team, but not on the level of BC.
                              3. New Hampshire: Gonna trick everyone up here by not saying "UNH is UNH." Seriously, this team should return to form after an off year.
                              4. Lowell: Here only by default because I don't see anyone else challenging for this spot. Lowell will not be as good as they were last year. They won't have the benefit of the "new coach high" and they aren't going to sneak up on anyone like they did last year.
                              5. Providence: Don't know much about this team other than some people expect them to be good.
                              6. UVM: This team will sneak up on anyone that views them as league patsies. They'll return to playing the kind of gritty, working-class hockey that worked so well in the past. Scoring is always a problem and with the loss of Stalberg and Girgensons could be again this year.
                              7. Maine: Solid team, but not much in the way of scoring.
                              8. Merrimack: A return to earth after several seasons competing with hockey's elite.
                              9. Northeastern: The addition of Kevin Roy won't get this team any higher in the standings.
                              10. UMass:John Micheletto won't provide the "new coach high" that Lowell benefited from last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                                10) UVM - Worst Hockey East team since the early UMass teams
                                A little respect please to MC's 1-22-1 showing in 04-05... http://hockeyeastonline.com/men/mc/sched05.php
                                "Get used to this drill, we'll be doing it a lot."
                                "Why?"
                                "Because the legs feed the wolf, gentlemen..."

Comment

Working...
                                X