X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    One of my biggest problems with how the game is being officiated in college. I believe in protecting players from injury for sure-but I just cannot understand some of the penalty calls on defensemen for interference. When Luke is playing in the NHL he will be more fun to watch.
    I haven't seen interference called all that much, and even then, it's fairly textbook, because the man being hit doesn't have the puck. If anything, the calls are things such as a trip, a board, a rough, things like that.

Comment

I was just brought up with the game years ago that if a forward shot the puck past you as a defenseman, you took a quick shot at him at the blue line to slow him down or at least prevent him from rushing into the zone. He being the last one to touch the puck, it was acceptable. Now, it seems if you do that, it is a quick call for interference. I understand the rationale-just doesn't mean I have to like it or agree with it.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

The 12/31/12 issue if The Hockey News has an article (page 47) about Minnesota HS prospects. To the best of my knowledge it is not on line. Parker Reno is rated #4.

Sidebar:
        4. Parker Reno D
        Edina Hornets
        Thick at 6-foot-2, 190 pounds, Reno has the physical makeup of a pro and can put up points in a playmaking role from the blueline (see story).
        From the article itself:

Backing up Hurley is defenseman Parker Reno, who led the state with nine assists through five games. "Parker is a big-bodied kid who moves very well," said the scout. "He can shoot the puck and he has all the physical tools to be a pro player."

The key to success for the talent hawk was that Reno needs to dominate this season to show growth. So far, so good in that respect, though the campaign has just begun.
        Also:

Reno is committed to Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, while Hurley ...
        We are getting some size on the blueline.

Edit: Edina is playing today by the way.
        Last edited by Ralph Baer; 12-20-2012, 06:24 AM.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Hockey's Future Board http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=277

Parker Reno - was the only other player that caught my eye. Again, i'm sure its the level of play speaking, but at that level, there are no flaws really in this guys game. This might make me wonder if he has peaked, was told he has played 4 years with this varsity team. He is a big boy, but boy, he can skate. Transitions are very good and acceleration is good. Often skated the puck out of trouble, poised, and makes a good first pass. Also a mature game defensively - blocks shots, isn't afraid to throw the body, a good stick and often covers his partners mistakes. Looks very good on the PP with Hurley, nice movement there and showed some offensive flair with a spinorama pass. Must have played 30+ minutes. He is committed to RPI next season. Not sure where he will go in the draft or if he will at all, but perhaps someone to keep an eye on for the late rounds.
          http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=262

Not sure if he'll be drafted but Reno is a really solid high school defenseman. He's been on Edina's varsity team for four years now. He plays physical, blocks shots, doesn't make many mistakes, is a smooth skater and he has some size so maybe a team will take a chance on him.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            The 12/31/12 issue if The Hockey News has an article (page 47) about Minnesota HS prospects. To the best of my knowledge it is not on line. Parker Reno is rated #4.

Sidebar:

From the article itself:

Also:

We are getting some size on the blueline.

Edit: Edina is playing today by the way.
            Oh boy! I am beginning to tingle a little.

Comment

Oh boy! I am beginning to tingle a little.
              You and me too. I used to hope that our recruits were taken high in the draft. With recent developments, I would rather see them taken lower.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Reno is playing on 12/26, 12/27, and 12/28. I would think that SA might go to see him on 12/26 before we play at St. Cloud on 12/27 and 12/28, and Vines might stay there longer.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Size, speed and good stick. What more can you ask for? Look forward to seeing him in Cherry and White.
                  Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                  Benjamin Franklin
                  The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                  Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                    Size, speed and good stick. What more can you ask for? Look forward to seeing him in Cherry and White.
                    Stay for four years.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                      Parker Reno & Edina Hornets back in action Thurs. night against Grand Rapids (Edina Tournament)........ http://www.mnhockeyhub.com/news_arti...errer_id=32770.......... It looks like all their games for the Tourney will be web-cast live... the biggey will be the 12/22 game vs Eden Prairie http://www.mnhockeycenter.com/view/m...bcast-schedule
                      Tonight's Edina - Grand Rapids game will also be shown at 8:30 CST (9:30 EST) on Fox Sports North (FSNo2 according to my guide).
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        Tonight's Edina - Grand Rapids game will also be shown at 8:30 CST (9:30 EST) on Fox Sports North (FSNo2 according to my guide).
                        too bad I don't get FoxNorth but here's the link for tonight's game....Eden Prairie vs Elk River is just underway.....followed of course by the Edina game; http://www.mnhockeycenter.com/view/mbhsh/video
                        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                          too bad I don't get FoxNorth but here's the link for tonight's game....Eden Prairie vs Elk River is just underway.....followed of course by the Edina game; http://www.mnhockeycenter.com/view/mbhsh/video
                          I am just ******ed-Comcast sells me a package of about 1000 stations-and I never seem to have the one I want to watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                            I am just ******ed-Comcast sells me a package of about 1000 stations-and I never seem to have the one I want to watch.
                            Sounds just like Time Warner. Same thing.

Comment

Another sign of the apocalypse coming. Reno is third from the left on the right side.

Actually, it isn't that bad.
                              Last edited by Ralph Baer; 12-20-2012, 09:46 PM.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Thanks to DirecTV's sport package (which probably isn't worth what I pay for it).
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X