X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
    It would be great to have a 6'2-3" D-man who could bring the puck up the ice & also play the point on the PP at the D1 level but I don't see that from any of our current D-men ATT. So it doesn't surprise me to see SA going after the 5'9-11" types who can. Hampton (6') who had success at Oakville is still an unknown at this level. Like his style or not loosing Bailen could leave a big hole in that role. I've seen Reno doing it at the HS level (albeit a very HIGH HS level) so maybe he could be that 6'2" guy...would be nice for sure.
    Good point about Hampton.

I still think that a bigger need is a forward to stand in front of the goal on power plays.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      We certainly will have some large dmen, Luke alone brings up the average by a couple of inches and a several pounds. My point was that Manley and the possibility of Kuster brings down thea verage.

BTW, I am alredy thiking about starting a thread called "RPI Hockey 2017-2018: Kuster's Last Stand".
      I bet you were dying to get that in
      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        Yes, but when is Waterloo's next game? I wouldn't have expected it this past weekend, after all school is still in session in most places.

12/22/12 schedule
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I bet you were dying to get that in
          At my age, I don't talk about dying. But you are correct that I have been thinking about it for a couple of days, and I doubt that I was the only one to think of it.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

We certainly will have some large dmen. Luke alone brings up the average by a couple of inches and a several pounds. My point was that Manley and the possibility of Kuster brings down the average.

BTW, I am already thinking about starting a thread called "RPI Hockey 2017-2018: Kuster's Last Stand".
            Come on dude, let's at least wait for a verbal commitment! Plus, if we win the championship in 2016, there's no guarantee he'll still be there.

Comment

Come on dude, let's at least wait for a verbal commitment! Plus, if we win the championship in 2016, there's no guarantee he'll still be there.
              Most true, but I can think about it.

Seriously, whoever spoke to Kuster might just have been asking if he was interested, and he might have wanted nothing to do with a technical program.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Most true, but I can think about it.

Seriously, whoever spoke to Kuster might just have been asking if he was interested, and he might have wanted nothing to do with a technical program.
                Back up in the 'dacks, we had a saying for that, and it's called "counting your chickens before they hatch".

Comment

Back up in the 'dacks, we had a saying for that, and it's called "counting your chickens before they hatch".
                  It's not the first time that has happened on this thread.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I am pretty sure that DrD was considering Reno and Manley and the possibility of Kuster adn the fact that we are losing Leboeuf.
                    Yup-i was just sort of averaging the sizes. I agree with you that it is always nice to have one bigger forward on a couple of the lines but on defense I like to see guys big and strong enough to move people out of the way or ride them into the boards. I fully understand that some of the smaller guys can do that quite well at the college level but I am still rather Newtonian about it and notice very few smaller defensemen making it to the next level above the NCAA.
                    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

1st Rd. pick (22nd overall) by Cedar Rapids out of the St. Louis Blues AAA (REDaero will like that).

a

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                        ... I like to see guys big and strong enough to move people out of the way or ride them into the boards. ....
                        Sadly Doc, that hasn't been allowed by ECAC officiating since '92.

A recent example being Curadi's beeyatch slap of Q'pac's "150 pound Jones" who thought he be cute and try to stuff home a rebound at the side of the net - only problem being that a 6'5 250lb. defender met him with authority at the pipe. Absolutely the right defensive play by BRO - the kind that if you DON'T make at the next level, you get benched. Yet was whistled for boarding while he and the kid where 6 feet away from the glass.
                        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post

A recent example being Curadi's beeyatch slap of Q'pac's "150 pound Jones" who thought he be cute and try to stuff home a rebound at the side of the net - only problem being that a 6'5 250lb. defender met him with authority at the pipe. Absolutely the right defensive play by BRO - the kind that if you DON'T make at the next level, you get benched. Yet was whistled for boarding while he and the kid where 6 feet away from the glass.
                          But if the 5'7", 150lb Manley does it, it is OK. Got it.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

But if the 5'7", 150lb Manley does it, it is OK. Got it.
                            Not if he's wearing an RPI jersey, it isn't.

Comment

Not if he's wearing an RPI jersey, it isn't.
                              That would be a problem wouldn't it?

Even Paul Rakowski got penalties, and he was even shorter.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post

One of my biggest problems with how the game is being officiated in college. I believe in protecting players from injury for sure-but I just cannot understand some of the penalty calls on defensemen for interference. When Luke is playing in the NHL he will be more fun to watch.
                                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Working...
                                X