This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13

Early reports here and the postings seem to indicate our defense will be getting smaller(unless some of these boys are late sprouters)
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      Early reports here and the postings seem to indicate our defense will be getting smaller(unless some of these boys are late sprouters)
      The coaches probably speak to a lot of players, so we really don't know at this point if there is any genuine interest in Kuster. However, it does seem that you are correct in the near term. OTOH, the defense had been getting bigger the last few years. I am more concerend that we still don't seem to have a talented big man at forward to clog up the middle.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by herbst20 View Post
        RPI Scout was at Wednesday's Cedar Rapids Roughriders vs Lincoln Stars game. I have been told he was in Cedar Rapids lockerroom talking to Clark Kuster '95 offensive defenseman.
        Tall, slim guy with dark hair? Might've been AC Brian Vines...
        http://www.rpiathletics.com/coaches....16&path=hockey
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          Parker Reno is currently listed at 6'1 195.
          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
            Tall, slim guy with dark hair? Might've been AC Brian Vines...
            http://www.rpiathletics.com/coaches....16&path=hockey
            I presumed it was him based on the info that Kuster is a d-man... he tends to do the most with the blueliners.
            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
              I presumed it was him based on the info that Kuster is a d-man... he tends to do the most with the blueliners.
              I remember seeing him the one time I went to Youngstown a couple years ago. It wouldn't surprise me if, after the St. Cloud games, one of the coaches (I would assume Graham) heads down to Lincoln.

Comment

Any reports on Charles Manley heading to Waterloo during his holiday break? What are the rules on temporary play like we say earlier this year?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  Any reports on Charles Manley heading to Waterloo during his holiday break? What are the rules on temporary play like we say earlier this year?
                  Blackhawks might be looking for a Defenseman to fill a spot. Last night Victor Newell (Harvard) defenseman on the team was in a serious car accident. Manley could possibly get a call.

Comment

Originally posted by herbst20 View Post
                    Blackhawks might be looking for a Defenseman to fill a spot. Last night Victor Newell (Harvard) defenseman on the team was in a serious car accident. Manley could possibly get a call.
                    Obviously I don't like to see it happen under that situation because it's never good to see someone be forced out due to injury. I would think, though, that they wouldn't call up Manley for that unless they thought that Newell would be back in action come January, or else they'd have to keep cycling. I do hope that Newell recovers, and wish all the best to whomever steps in his shoes, whether it be Manley or someone else.

Comment

Parker Reno is currently listed at 6'1 195.
                      I am pretty sure that DrD was considering Reno and Manley and the possibility of Kuster adn the fact that we are losing Leboeuf.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        There is no hint on Malney's twitter page like there was before.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          There is no hint on Malney's twitter page like there was before.
                          Yes, but when is Waterloo's next game? I wouldn't have expected it this past weekend, after all school is still in session in most places.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            I am pretty sure that DrD was considering Reno and Manley and the possibility of Kuster adn the fact that we are losing Leboeuf.
                            I dunno what he was considering, but 6'1 195 aint small. Lest we not forget that Bokenfohr is only a frosh -- albeit a large one.

Comment

It would be great to have a 6'2-3" D-man who could bring the puck up the ice & also play the point on the PP at the D1 level but I don't see that from any of our current D-men ATT. So it doesn't surprise me to see SA going after the 5'9-11" types who can. Hampton (6') who had success at Oakville is still an unknown at this level. Like his style or not loosing Bailen could leave a big hole in that role. I've seen Reno doing it at the HS level (albeit a very HIGH HS level) so maybe he could be that 6'2" guy...would be nice for sure.
                              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

I dunno what he was considering, but 6'1 195 aint small. Lest we not forget that Bokenfohr is only a frosh -- albeit a large one.
                                We certainly will have some large dmen. Luke alone brings up the average by a couple of inches and a several pounds. My point was that Manley and the possibility of Kuster brings down the average.

BTW, I am already thinking about starting a thread called "RPI Hockey 2017-2018: Kuster's Last Stand".
                                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 12-18-2012, 02:21 PM. Reason: lots of typos
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X