X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
    Devito absolutely destroyed the guy he fought (Ben Ostlie)......Riley Bourbonnais' unsportsmanlike 10 min. was for abuse of officals. Maybe herbst will come aboard & fill us in.
    I would think that RB thought the penalty was an awful call (probably thought it was a dive) and decided to let the official know about it at the time. That's a sure fire way to get you more box time.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      I spent all of a lot season wondering what SA saw in Mark Miller since he got very few points, and he certainly has been a valuable player this season. So I assume that SA sees something in Devito besides for someone who will receive multiple DQs.

I agree that herbst would be very welcome to fill us in about Bourbonnais.
      What did SA see in the BRO?

Considering we're losing CJ Lee to graduation, I think that may be where he's looking. We need some toughness up front (not to say that guys like Haggerty, Tinordi, or Diesel aren't), and I'd be fairly certain that's the reasoning. Granted he isn't very big, but if he can build it up (similar to Rambo), I think we're in for a treat.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        I would think that RB thought the penalty was an awful call (probably thought it was a dive) and decided to let the official know about it at the time. That's a sure fire way to get you more box time.
        I didn't watch the game.

Oh, that RB!
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

More that hokydad did. BRO has size and potential.

Considering we're losing CJ Lee to graduation, I think that may be where he's looking. We need some toughness up front (not to say that guys like Haggerty, Tinordi, or Diesel aren't), and I'd be fairly certain that's the reasoning. Granted he isn't very big, but if he can build it up (similar to Rambo), I think we're in for a treat.
          He doesn't seem to be a similar player to Lee, although perhaps he could be without the fights. I do trust that SA knows what he is doing, as is the case with Miller.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer
            Friday update
            Code:
                               Current Holder         Next Defense
            The Belt           Boston College         Alabama Huntsville 12/29/2012
            AHA Belt           Canisius               Mercyhurst 12/18/2012
            CCHA Belt          Notre Dame             Bowling Green 12/15/2012
            ECAC Belt          Cornell                Union 01/18/2013
            HEA Belt           Boston College         New Hampshire 01/11/2013
            WCHA Belt          Wisconsin              Alaska Anchorage 01/04/2013
            Ivy Belt           Yale                   Harvard 01/18/2013
            B1G                Ohio State             Penn State 12/29/2012 or Michigan 02/22/2013
            NCHC Belt          St. Cloud State        Colorado College 12/15/2012
            New England Belt   Boston College         Yale 01/04/2013
            Massachusetts Belt Boston College         Massachusetts 01/18/2013
            Michigan Belt      Western Michigan       Michigan 12/15/2012
            Minnesota Belt     Minnesota State        Minnesota 01/25/2012
            New York Belt      Union                  Cornell 01/18/2013
            D-II Playup Belt   Ferris State           Minnesota Duluth 12/29/2012 or Northern Michigan 02/08/2013
            D-III Playup Belt  Colorado College       TBD
            Playup Belt        Bemidji State          Michigan Tech 01/18/2013
            Er...
            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
              Er...
              Poof!
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Devito absolutely destroyed the guy he fought (Ben Ostlie)......Riley Bourbonnais' unsportsmanlike 10 min. was for abuse of officals. Maybe herbst will come aboard & fill us in.
                some observations from Yeti about the Devito penalty that went along with the 5 for fighting penalty. http://www.lincolnstarsblog.com/ .........the Devito fight is up on youtube but I'm having problems on my Mac watching youtube video, all I get is a black screen. Just type in, "Devito vs Ostlie". I've been thinking the same in comparison with Miller when it comes to JD.
                Last edited by turk181; 12-15-2012, 10:37 AM.
                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

both Jake Wood & Jimmy Devito will miss tonights game as each got hit with a 1 game suspension. I'm not sure why JW got one, I listened to the game & don't recall anything that he did. Sounds like maybe an after the game chirp? https://***********/blackblueblog/st...19125366030338
                  Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

some observations from Yeti about the Devito penalty that went along with the 5 for fighting penalty. http://www.lincolnstarsblog.com/ .........the Devito fight is up on youtube but I'm having problems on my Mac watching youtube video, all I get is a black screen. Just type in, "Devito vs Ostlie". I've been thinking the same in comparison with Miller when it comes to JD.
                    Indeed a one-sided victory for DeVito.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

both Jake Wood & Jimmy Devito will miss tonights game as each got hit with a 1 game suspension. I'm not sure why JW got one, I listened to the game & don't recall anything that he did. Sounds like maybe an after the game chirp? https://***********/blackblueblog/st...19125366030338
                      The boxscore was revised to give Wood a game misconduct at the end of the game (or during the shootout?). I'll modify the early post.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Probably the same thing i saw-huge upside potential, huge body, and the right temperment. If we get to see LC play all 4 years in Troy at some time some stupid jerk is just going to rub him the wrong way and we will see a bit of that temper on display. He still has some things to work on (haven't we all?) but he is making tremendous strides and I am sure garnering lots of attention.
                        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          The boxscore was revised to give Wood a game misconduct at the end of the game (or during the shootout?). I'll modify the early post.
                          just got word from Yeti that it was an after the game tiff (skating off the ice) that Jake was involved in.

Comment

just got word from Yeti that it was an after the game tiff (skating off the ice) that Jake was involved in.

So our recruits can watch the game together this evening.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                              Probably the same thing i saw-huge upside potential, huge body, and the right temperment. If we get to see LC play all 4 years in Troy at some time some stupid jerk is just going to rub him the wrong way and we will see a bit of that temper on display. He still has some things to work on (haven't we all?) but he is making tremendous strides and I am sure garnering lots of attention.
                              I wouldn't mind seeing that once in the correct situation. It's the fighting day after day that isn't going to help.

I was reading Yeti's blog post (linked by turk) and the comments that fans posted to it. It sounds like the USHL is a training ground for incompetent refereeing.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

just by looking at the stats it looks like it was Alex Rauter that Jake was involved with.....Rauter's a Cornell commit.

Comment

Working...
                                X