X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    OK. It makes sense, then.
    FWIW, St. Thomas Academy (Schroeder, Commers) is moving up next season. http://www.mnhockeyhub.com/news_arti...44?referrer_id
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

On Saturday, the Alberni Valley Bulldogs defeated the Vernon Vipers 4-3. Evan Tironese had an assist and a slashing penalty. http://www.bchl.ca/leagues/hockey_bo...2986&link=bchl

Tironese's line is now 26-10-17-27-28.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Code:
         # Name                Ps commitm. Team (League)                   Year  DOB      Ht    Wt  Hometown             Gm- G- A-  P- PM Next Gm
        23 Riley Bourbonnais * LC 09/18/11 Cedar Rapids RoughRiders (USHL) 2013  08/08/93 5'10" 190 Rochester NY         17- 7- 9- 16-  8 traded
        23                                 Sioux City Musketeers (USHL)                                                   3- 3- 1-  4-  0 12/09/12
                                                                                                    total                20-10-10- 20-  8 
        20 Jimmy DeVito        RW 01/10/12 Lincoln Stars (USHL)            2013  04/02/94 5'10" 165 Bloomingdale IL      20- 1- 2-  3- 49 12/12/12
        22 Charles Manley      LD 12/19/11 Selects Hockey Academy (USEHL)  2014  07/15/96 5'07" 150 Orchard Park NY       0- 0- 0-  0-  0 12/15/12 no stats
        26                                 Waterloo Black Hawks (USHL)                                                    4- 0- 1-  1-  2
        27 Drew Melanson #     LW 01/28/11 Omaha Lancers (USHL)            2013  01/10/95 5'10" 160 Paramus NJ           21- 4- 5-  9-  2 12/14/12
         5 Parker Reno #       RD 11/12/12 Edina H.S.(Lake Conf)           2013  01/20/95 6'01" 195 Edina, MN             6- 0- 9-  9-  4 12/20/12
        15 Evan Tironese       LW 05/01/12 Alberni Valley Bulldogs (BCHL)  2014  08/02/95 5'09" 163 Qualicum Beach BC    26-10-17- 27- 28 12/09/12
        26 Jake Wood #         LW 01/10/11 Lincoln Stars (USHL)            2013  08/06/93 5'07" 160 Georgetown ON        21- 6- 7- 13- 30 12/12/12
        Women
        11 Hannah Behounek #    D 06/01/12 Minnetonka H.S. (Lake Conf)     2013  xx/xx/9x x'xx" xxx Minnetonka, MN        5- 1- 0-  1-  4 12/11/12
        15 Laura Horwood        F 11/29/12 Durham West Lightning (PWHL)    2013  05/20/95 5'06" 135 Belleville, ON       17- 8- 9- 17- 14 12/15/12
                                                                                                    nonleague games      16-12-12- 24-  x 12/09/12 missing games
                                                                                                    total                33-20-21- 41-  x
        15                                 Ontario Team Blue                                                              5- 0- 1-  1-  0 
        13 Katie Rooney         F 08/05/12 Buffalo H.S. (Mississippi 8)    2013  xx/xx/9x x'xx" xxx Buffalo, MN           6-10-12- 22-  2 12/11/12

* In the RPI directory
        # Known to have signed Letter of Intent
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          Edina is Class AA (the higher division), so they are in the correct place. I did read a lot of posts in several forums when following Zach Schroeder which complained about St. Thomas Academy being Class A (small school). The largest schools by enrollment are in Class AA. The Classes are divided geographically into Sections (1AA, 2AA, etc. and 1A, 2A, etc.). Leagues have nothing to much to do with any of this.
          Minnesota's method for dividing schools by class size is somehow both interesting and maddening. On one hand, the MSHSL doesn't insist on using the same divisions for all sports regardless of how many schools participate in that sport - for instance, there's only A and AA in hockey (since it's still an expensive sport, even in Minnesota), while in football there 5A, 4A, 3A, 2A, A, and then there's even such a thing as nine-man football for really small schools. The need to have an A on everything is kind of annoying though (I didn't mind attending a Class D school in NY), and when it comes to hockey especially, private schools are really allowed to abuse the difference between A and AA. Most of the private schools are small enough to fit into A, but they practically recruit when it comes to hockey, so they beat up on little schools and then play each other in St. Paul most of the time. Pretty weak. So good on STA for stepping up.

That makes what Roseau does all the more impressive. They would be well within their rights to play in A since they're a small, small town on the extreme northern end of the state, but their hockey pedigree is such that they choose to play with the big schools and more often than not they beat them. That's pretty cool.
          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
            Minnesota's method for dividing schools by class size is somehow both interesting and maddening. On one hand, the MSHSL doesn't insist on using the same divisions for all sports regardless of how many schools participate in that sport - for instance, there's only A and AA in hockey (since it's still an expensive sport, even in Minnesota), while in football there 5A, 4A, 3A, 2A, A, and then there's even such a thing as nine-man football for really small schools. The need to have an A on everything is kind of annoying though (I didn't mind attending a Class D school in NY), and when it comes to hockey especially, private schools are really allowed to abuse the difference between A and AA. Most of the private schools are small enough to fit into A, but they practically recruit when it comes to hockey, so they beat up on little schools and then play each other in St. Paul most of the time. Pretty weak. So good on STA for stepping up.

That makes what Roseau does all the more impressive. They would be well within their rights to play in A since they're a small, small town on the extreme northern end of the state, but their hockey pedigree is such that they choose to play with the big schools and more often than not they beat them. That's pretty cool.
            Class D for life The day my school went Class C a part of me died. I loved making those trips up to the North Country to take on the Section 7 and 10 teams.
            Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
              Class D for life The day my school went Class C a part of me died. I loved making those trips up to the North Country to take on the Section 7 and 10 teams.
              Section 7 Class D FTW.

Comment

I was at the Alb. Acad. Rider Cup this weekend and had a chance to talk with some of the South Kent (who won it BTW) kids about Charlie Manley. I asked if he was getting bigger.... "yeah, he is"...."he lives in the weight room"....my favorite, "he's freakishly strong".
                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                  I was at the Alb. Acad. Rider Cup this weekend and had a chance to talk with some of the South Kent (who won it BTW) kids about Charlie Manley. I asked if he was getting bigger.... "yeah, he is"...."he lives in the weight room"....my favorite, "he's freakishly strong".
                  Great to hear that. SA obviously saw something in the kid to go after him early.

BTW, Riley Bourbonnais has scored a PPG late in the first period. The change of scenary has had a good effect so far. He also has a roughing penalty. http://ushl2011.stats.pointstreak.co...gameid=1978029
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I am watching the SC vs SF game....Riley scored 2 seconds before the horn in the 1st.

Something I have seen tonight that I havent previously from Riley, is that he is playing the PK and looks good doing so. He intercepted a pass and went in 1 on 1 with a defender. Made a nice move and fired a wrister high and hard. The goalie made a great save.

Riley just picked up a 2 minute delay of game penalty for sticking up for his goalie after the opposing player gave him a shower.

Comment

Originally posted by herbst20 View Post
                      I am watching the SC vs SF game....Riley scored 2 seconds before the horn in the 1st.

Something I have seen tonight that I havent previously from Riley, is that he is playing the PK and looks good doing so. He intercepted a pass and went in 1 on 1 with a defender. Made a nice move and fired a wrister high and hard. The goalie made a great save.

Riley just picked up a 2 minute delay of game penalty for sticking up for his goalie after the opposing player gave him a shower.
                      We always can use forwards who can kill penalties.

Edit: We also can use forwards who can score goals on the powerplay.
                      Edit^2: It appears that they called that penalty roughing or it is currently wrong in the boxscore.
                      Last edited by Ralph Baer; 12-09-2012, 07:09 PM.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

how'd we miss this one Ralph http://www.musketeershockey.com/leag...026&page=65865
                        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                          I think that I glanced it, but it didn't register.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

ET must've had a good game....no points but #2 Star in Alberni's 3-3 tie....... http://www.bchl.ca/leagues/hockey_bo...2990&link=bchl

Comment

One key to Riley's success is that he is paired with a former Cedar Rapids linemate in Tanner Pond also on the line is his lifelong friend JT Stenglein who recently decommitted from Lowell.

Comment

On Sunday, the Alberni Valley Bulldogs tied the West Kelowna Warriors 3-3 in double overtime. Evan Tironese had no points or penalties. He was named #2 star. It's always good when a forward gets a star with no points. http://www.bchl.ca/leagues/hockey_bo...2990&link=bchl

Tironese's line is now 27-10-17-27-28.
                                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 12-09-2012, 07:30 PM. Reason: updated # of games played
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X