This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13

Good to see Parker Reno wearing RPI gear already....I'll assume that's his D-partner, Matt Nelson, on his left wearing PU t-shirt. Scroll down a bit & clik on picture to enlarge http://www.facebook.com/edinahornetathletics
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      Either illustrates the point. I picked shooting percentage because that shows that they can score. Melanson definitely should shoot more. Even if his %age would go down a bit, it could still be quite good. Percentages about 20%, as both have, indicates that the goalies are saving less than 80% (ignoring ENGs) which indicates that they are well below SA's target of 91%.

On another topic, Parker Reno and Edina have their first game today at 5 PM CST.
      Reno with 2assists as Edina leads 6-2 mid-way in 3rd.... http://www.mnhockeyhub.com/game/show/3789781 Clik on LIVE GAME SUMMARY for stats.
      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

7-2 win for Edina. Reno w/2assists....http://www.mnhockeyhub.com/game/game_sheet/3789781 and a 2minute tripping penalty (that's for Ralph )
        Last edited by turk181; 11-23-2012, 07:13 PM.

Comment

On Friday, Edina H.S. defeated Holy Family Catholic H.S. 7-2. Parker Reno had two assists and a tripping peanlty. http://www.mnhockeyhub.com/game/game_sheet/3789781

Reno's line is now 1-0-2-2-2.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Don't get me wrong, we need players who can pass also, but our major need on offense in recent years has been finishers. JL seems to be getting there, but IMO that isn't enough. What good would we have gotten from Adam Oates if he didnt have the likes of Carter and Servinis to pass to? (Yes, I know he scored over 30 goals in 84-85, but that was before goalies had pads six feet wide. )

I was just going through the stats and noticed that Melanson had a very high shooting percentage but didn't shoot much.
            You really do not miss much. As I mentioned it has been the major criticism of him the past few years. And yes our problem has been finishers (outside of Polacek we really have not had many in the past few years). Laliberte is coming along quite nicely now and good be a partial answer for us. I think Haggerty and Neal will be of great help also.
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
              You really do not miss much. As I mentioned it has been the major criticism of him the past few years. And yes our problem has been finishers (outside of Polacek we really have not had many in the past few years). Laliberte is coming along quite nicely now and good be a partial answer for us. I think Haggerty and Neal will be of great help also.
              That's because I listen to you.

It wouldn't surprise me if Melanson's stock is falling with the NHL as shown by his absense in the most recent CSB list.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

On Friday, the Lincoln Stars lost to the Chicago Steel 4-2. Jimmy DeVito had a checking from behind penalty with a 10-minute misconduct. Jake Wood had an assist and a charging penalty. http://ushl2011.stats.pointstreak.co...gameid=1977984

DeVito's line is now 15-1-2-3-37.
                Wood's line is now 16-5-7-12-26.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                  Good to see Parker Reno wearing RPI gear already....I'll assume that's his D-partner, Matt Nelson, on his left wearing PU t-shirt. Scroll down a bit & clik on picture to enlarge http://www.facebook.com/edinahornetathletics
                  I wonder if RPI was allowed to give him that or he had to buy it. (I have a vague recollection that he was allowed to accept it.)
                  Last edited by Ralph Baer; 11-23-2012, 10:39 PM.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

On Friday, the Omaha Lancers lost to the Tri-City Storm 3-2. Drew Melanson had no points or penalties. http://ushl2011.stats.pointstreak.co...gameid=1978534

Melanson's line is now 17-4-1-5-0.
                    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 11-23-2012, 10:38 PM.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

On Friday, the Alberni Valley Bulldogs lost to the Cowichan Valley Capitals 6-2. Evan Tironese had a roughing penalty. http://www.bchl.ca/leagues/hockey_bo...2944&link=bchl

Tironese's line is now 21-8-13-21-24.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Code:
                         # Name                Ps commitm. Team (League)                   Year  DOB      Ht    Wt  Hometown             Gm- G- A-  P- PM Next Gm
                        23 Riley Bourbonnais * LC 09/18/11 Cedar Rapids RoughRiders (USHL) 2013  08/08/93 5'10" 190 Rochester NY         15- 7- 9- 16-  4 11/24/12
                        20 Jimmy DeVito        RW 01/10/12 Lincoln Stars (USHL)            2013  04/02/94 5'10" 165 Bloomingdale IL      15- 1- 2-  3- 37 11/24/12
                        22 Charles Manley      LD 12/19/11 Selects Hockey Academy (USEHL)  2014  07/15/96 5'07" 150 Orchard Park NY       0- 0- 0-  0-  0 11/28/12 missing games
                        26                                 Waterloo Black Hawks (USHL)                                                    4- 0- 1-  1-  2 11/24/12 probably done
                        27 Drew Melanson #     LW 01/28/11 Omaha Lancers (USHL)            2013  01/10/95 5'10" 160 Paramus NJ           17- 4- 2-  6-  0 11/24/12
                         5 Parker Reno #       RD 11/12/12 Edina H.S.(Lake Conf)           2013  01/20/95 6'01" 195 Edina, MN             1- 0- 2-  2-  0 11/24/12
                        15 Evan Tironese       LW 05/01/12 Alberni Valley Bulldogs (BCHL)  2014  08/02/95 5'09" 163 Qualicum Beach BC    22- 8-13- 21- 26 11/24/12
                        26 Jake Wood #         LW 01/10/11 Lincoln Stars (USHL)            2013  08/06/93 5'07" 160 Georgetown ON        16- 5- 7- 12- 26 11/24/12
                        Women
                        11 Hannah Behounek #    D 06/01/12 Minnetonka H.S. (Lake Conf)     2013  xx/xx/9x x'xx" xxx Minnetonka, MN        3- 0- 0-  0-  4 12/01/12
                        13 Katie Rooney         F 08/05/12 Buffalo H.S. (Mississippi 8)    2013  xx/xx/9x x'xx" xxx Buffalo, MN           2- 8- 5- 13-  0 11/24/12
                        xx xxx                  x xx/xx/12 xxx and Ontario Team Blue       2013  xx/xx/9x x'xx" xxx xxx, ON               0- 0- 0-  0-  0 xx/xx/xx

* In the RPI directory
                        # Known to have signed Letter of Intent
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

That's because I listen to you.

It wouldn't surprise me if Melanson's stock is falling with the NHL as shown by his absense in the most recent CSB list.
                          The longer this lockout lasts, the more difficult it will be to predict how anyone's stock is doing. There are so many players entering the picture each year from here, Canada, and the European countries. Add to that the fact that many aging NHL players still want to play one or two more years(for all sorts of reasons, including financial) that there may be far fewer openings for new talent. This probaly affects fellows like Pirri and D'Amigo who are being held back by this situation more than new draft picks but the system just backs up down the line a bit. In a way, this may actually work well for RPI since with it being more difficult to move up in the pro ranks, more boys may choose the NCAA route and opt for a degree.
                          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                            The longer this lockout lasts, the more difficult it will be to predict how anyone's stock is doing. There are so many players entering the picture each year from here, Canada, and the European countries. Add to that the fact that many aging NHL players still want to play one or two more years(for all sorts of reasons, including financial) that there may be far fewer openings for new talent. This probaly affects fellows like Pirri and D'Amigo who are being held back by this situation more than new draft picks but the system just backs up down the line a bit. In a way, this may actually work well for RPI since with it being more difficult to move up in the pro ranks, more boys may choose the NCAA route and opt for a degree.
                            I don't think that the lockout will have much of an effect on players like Melanson who are not yet drafted. I agree that it could hurt players currently trying to make the NHL like JD and BP, but in BP's favor he has been performing quite well in the AHL this season despite all of the NHL players there.

Wait I am violating my own rule! I can't talk about JD and BP here.

Back on topic. You did raise an interesting point about more players being attracted to college with the lockout. I think at most that will be marginal. It isn't like the lockout/strike has been going on for five years. OTOH, if the end result is that NHL salaries go down significantly, it could help college hockey for a while, but in the long run it will probably cause more players to pursue different sports.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I don't think that the lockout will have much of an effect on players like Melanson who are not yet drafted. I agree that it could hurt players currently trying to make the NHL like JD and BP, but in BP's favor he has been performing quite well in the AHL this season despite all of the NHL players there.

Wait I am violating my own rule! I can't talk about JD and BP here.

Back on topic. You did raise an interesting point about more players being attracted to college with the lockout. I think at most that will be marginal. It isn't like the lockout/strike has been going on for five years. OTOH, if the end result is that NHL salaries go down significantly, it could help college hockey for a while, but in the long run it will probably cause more players to pursue different sports.
                              I would think it's OK if we're trying to make a comparison to an alum, because it's a similar situation where we've learned something. That having been said, I am concerned that perhaps Melanson spent too much time in the small pond, similar to the growing pains that Laliberté saw his freshman year. I know the coaches will help him with that.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                I would think it's OK if we're trying to make a comparison to an alum, because it's a similar situation where we've learned something. That having been said, I am concerned that perhaps Melanson spent too much time in the small pond, similar to the growing pains that Laliberté saw his freshman year. I know the coaches will help him with that.
                                That could be part of his problem adjusting to the USHL, but there have been several players in recent years from Delbarton who have adjusted to the ECAC quite well. JL's problem last year may have been more connected to an injury than we ever knew or ever will know.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X