X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13

Originally posted by Yeti View Post
    Parker Reno is a great addition for RPI. I've seen him at Lincoln's tryout camp the past two seasons. The Stars drafted him in the 2011 USHL Futures Draft, so I assume he'll play for Lincoln next season (20013-14) before moving on to RPI. I guess there's a possibility he'd jump from MN high school hockey to college, but I'd guess he'll play one season in the USHL before going on to RPI.

Big, rangy d-man with above-average feet and good hands. I would say he's more of an all-around defenseman than say a stay-at-home or offensive d-man. He looked outstanding at Lincoln's camp this past June in Minneapolis. He wants to finish his senior season at Edina, but I think the Lincoln coaches would have taken him this season if he wanted to leave Edina early.

BTW, you guys are getting an unbelievable player in Jake Wood. I call him "The Wrecking Ball." So much fun to watch him live. He's small, but he doesn't play like it.
    Thanks for the comments about both players.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      Yes, but can he use that speed under control? Johnny Rogic also has speed, after all...
      I don't understand what you're getting at here.
      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
        I should have read the posts more carefully as bothman had this in Post #551
        A cake eater... reporting on a Cake Eater. Is that like putting a humidifier next to a dehumidifier and turning both of them on?

Comment

Yes, but can he use that speed under control? Johnny Rogic also has speed, after all...
          You are asking the most important question. We have had a few speedy boys before-Kelly Askew comes to mind first as one who was as fast as you can be-but often out of control with the puck and more missed opportunities than anything else.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
            You are asking the most important question. We have had a few speedy boys before-Kelly Askew comes to mind first as one who was as fast as you can be-but often out of control with the puck and more missed opportunities than anything else.
            Askew, however, was probably the wirst of them. Rogic doesn't appear to have as bad a case of it, and Melanason, to me, is still an unknown.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Chris Heisenberg lists Reno as a 2013 recruit. I will change him in my file to 13/14 (which I will post after tomorrow's Alberni game), and I will email him asking him if he has any ifno on when Reno is coming to Troy.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

As always, I'm interested in who we beat out for Reno. I think I read somewhere that he was rated in top 5 among D men in Minnesota. I notice that a few of his teams appear on Heisenberg's list....hope we're chasing them too.
                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                  As always, I'm interested in who we beat out for Reno. I think I read somewhere that he was rated in top 5 among D men in Minnesota. I notice that a few of his teams appear on Heisenberg's list....hope we're chasing them too.
                  One of the links says something about it. Now I have to find it.

Edit: never mind, it wasn't in a link.
                  Last edited by Ralph Baer; 11-13-2012, 04:25 PM.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    Chris Heisenberg lists Reno as a 2013 recruit. I will change him in my file to 13/14 (which I will post after tomorrow's Alberni game), and I will email him asking him if he has any ifno on when Reno is coming to Troy.
                    CH answered my email, and he said that Reno is indeed a 2013 recruit. I'll believe that unless we hear something else. That might have been why we were able to sign him. Perhaps everyone else wanted him to spend a year in the USHL. (Yeti won't approve.)

I add that he did indeed lose power until last Thursday. He left town but didn't have his password to update his file while gone. (That sounds like what I often do.)
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

CH answered my email, and he said that Reno is indeed a 2013 recruit. I'll believe that unless we hear something else. That might have been why we were able to sign him. Perhaps everyone else wanted him to spend a year in the USHL. (Yeti won't approve.)

I add that he did indeed lose power until last Thursday. He left town but didn't have his password to update his file while gone. (That sounds like what I often do.)
                      Interesting. If he's ready to make that jump, might as well do it. He's a talented kid. Not too many though can make that jump from high school hockey to college. Most often, those Minny kids play at least one year of USHL before making that jump. Getting 60+ games under your belt at the USHL level can obviously help make a player be much more prepared for the speed of the game at RPI.

That's my sales pitch.
                      Black and Blue: The Unnoficial Lincoln Stars Blog

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                        Sorry RC, but DrD has hit the jackpot. During the first parts of his freshman year, Rogic was just too fast for his own good. Even now, if we're going to compare Appert to Gordon Bombay, we might as well refer to Johnny Rogic as Luis Mendoza.

Comment

Sorry RC, but DrD has hit the jackpot.
                          Why sorry? I don't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Yeti View Post
                            Interesting. If he's ready to make that jump, might as well do it. He's a talented kid. Not too many though can make that jump from high school hockey to college. Most often, those Minny kids play at least one year of USHL before making that jump. Getting 60+ games under your belt at the USHL level can obviously help make a player be much more prepared for the speed of the game at RPI.

That's my sales pitch.
                            RPI has had three Minnesota HS students who recently made the jump (Chase Polacek (RPI '11), current players Zach Schroeder and Andrew Commers). So there is precedent. Polacek certainly made the jump well. I agree that it definitely would help. The main difference is that Reno has NHL size and the others don't. If the high level pros aren't going to consider you, it makes a lot of sense to me to get your education ASAP.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

RPI has had three Minnesota HS students who recently made the jump (Chase Polacek (RPI '11), current players Zach Schroeder and Andrew Commers). So there is precedent. Polacek certainly made the jump well. I agree that it definitely would help. The main difference is that Reno has NHL size and the others don't. If the high level pros aren't going to consider you, it makes a lot of sense to me to get your education ASAP.
                              Color me excited. Size is good. More size is very good. I think however that making the jump from high school to NCAA is far easier for forwards. In my opinion defense is just much tougher to learnand adapt when you move up levels to faster and bigger boys. I know it can be done-and I hope this is the boy to do it. Everything i find seems to point to the fact that he is a prime recruit and we should be vry happy to have him join the boys of Troy.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                                Why sorry? I don't get it.
                                I am more confused than you are by this one.

Comment

Working...
                                X