X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Thanks for posting that. Because of Parker Reno (hopefully not related to Janet), I missed:

Thanks for the post. Do you know why he missed Saturday's game?
    I believe he was a healthy scratch but I will look into it. Riley is usually good about responding on Twitter!

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      If you look closely within the link; he literally does!

He considers himself to be of the shut-down type. Perhaps not a Bailen replacement.
      I did notice the cake reference.

It is of course not certain that he is coming next season. He could be a LeBoeuf replacement, and he may take Bailen's spot next season but play a different role.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by herbst20 View Post
        I believe he was a healthy scratch but I will look into it. Riley is usually good about responding on Twitter!
        Glad to have you join us here. just ignore all the sarcastic stuff-for the most part this is a truly great group. We just get a tad frustrated when we lose more than we should. Just make sure whatever stats you post are absolutely correct-or else about 7 different people will correct them within a few minutes.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I will wait for CH to post it, but I suspect that being a CSB B player (even if he is listed there as a center), he's probably for next year.
          it is posted on college hockey, inc. 2014-15 http://collegehockeyinc.com/stats/commitments.php
          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

quite a group of names to be listed with as prospects.... http://mnhockeyprospects.com/2013-nhl-draft-prospects/
            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

for DoctorD....Alex Hagerty (F) of Delbarton is still uncommitted, do you have any info on him? CH has him rated pretty high.

Comment

The July USHR posts are now public http://ushr.com/news/20120701. They include reviews of Drew Melanson and Charles Manley's paly in US Select camps which were paraphrased earlier.

9. Drew Melanson (#8 Kelly Green) 5-11/160—RPI recruit may have had the best feet here—his skating is effortless. Is on the slight side, but his speed, quickness and agility make him extremely hard to contain. Was quiet at the start of the tournament, but exploded for five points in his final two games. Was a teammate of Baiocco’s at Delbarton, but will not be returning as he has chosen to play his senior with the Omaha Lancers (USHL). Was named to the U18 Select team headed overseas.

29. Charles Manley (#7 Columbia Blue, 0-2-2) 5-10/160 — Appears to be getting taller and filling out. Has great feet. RPI recruit who plays at Selects Hockey Academy.
                you can add Parker Reno to this list.........12. Parker Reno (#2 Gold) 6-2/195—Big Edina HS defender does everything well. Quietly goes about his business and is rarely caught out of position or makes a bad decision with the puck. Named to the US U18 Select team. Uncommitted........ http://ushr.com/news/20120701

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                  you can add Parker Reno to this list.........12. Parker Reno (#2 Gold) 6-2/195—Big Edina HS defender does everything well. Quietly goes about his business and is rarely caught out of position or makes a bad decision with the puck. Named to the US U18 Select team. Uncommitted........ http://ushr.com/news/20120701
                  Yes. I erased my post of that after I saw that bothman posted it as well as something else from ushr. Thanks for the collegehockeyinc link which wasn't up earlier. I'll make him a 2014.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Turk-That summary about Drew Melanson says it quite succinctly. You cannot help but notice him-he is just so smooth and effortless that you do not think he is even moving-until you notice him catching up to someone or just flying past everyone. For those who have watched RPI hockey for a long time-he may be the one of the fastest I have ever seen who will be at RPI. Kelly Askew was a rocket-Brad Tapper could tear up the ice-Brinkworth was very quick. But Melanson, who has that kind of speed, just looks like it comes so easy. I don't profess to be a scout or understand what other abilities you need to be a star in college hockey-but this kid can just flat out skate.

Comment

for DoctorD....Alex Hagerty (F) of Delbarton is still uncommitted, do you have any info on him? CH has him rated pretty high.
                      Turk-Not a whole lot to add to what you probably can find-but we saw him play 4 games last year. One game he had 4 assists and one game 2 goals. He is pretty tall-I would guess my height a shade over 6'. He is not huge but he is solid so I would guess 180 pounds. Looks bigger on the ice (but then again in high school the kids are much smaller) but seems to play big. My kind of player as he hits hard and does not shy away from being in front of the net. That's the good news. The bad-We usually sit where all the guys with pads and laptops sit who evaluate players. He is on a few lists and of course Yale and Princeton were there for every game. The kids I liked at Delbarton were of course melanson, Baiocco(will be a star in my estimation), Melnick (real small but he is a JL kind of player), the Agostino's (take your pick), and Tom Davis. Because of the competition it is very hard to rate the quality of these kids. They have absolutely superb coaching-the team does everything well and practices every aspect of the game-and they just keep rolling out the lines and defense pairings. You sometimes have trouble knwoing who is out there since they just keep coming and every line justkeeps the pressure on and every defense pair works together as if they were joined at the hip. The only Ivy team that I have never seen a rep from there is Cornell. But I am a bit surprised to know that Hagerty has not inked somewhere-perhaps he is not going the NCAA route? We will try to find out what we can and let you know.

Comment

I should have read the posts more carefully as bothman had this in Post #551

Comment

I should have read the posts more carefully as bothman had this in Post #551
                          We'll forgive you.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                            Turk-Not a whole lot to add to what you probably can find-but we saw him play 4 games last year. One game he had 4 assists and one game 2 goals. He is pretty tall-I would guess my height a shade over 6'. He is not huge but he is solid so I would guess 180 pounds. Looks bigger on the ice (but then again in high school the kids are much smaller) but seems to play big. My kind of player as he hits hard and does not shy away from being in front of the net. That's the good news. The bad-We usually sit where all the guys with pads and laptops sit who evaluate players. He is on a few lists and of course Yale and Princeton were there for every game. The kids I liked at Delbarton were of course melanson, Baiocco(will be a star in my estimation), Melnick (real small but he is a JL kind of player), the Agostino's (take your pick), and Tom Davis. Because of the competition it is very hard to rate the quality of these kids. They have absolutely superb coaching-the team does everything well and practices every aspect of the game-and they just keep rolling out the lines and defense pairings. You sometimes have trouble knwoing who is out there since they just keep coming and every line justkeeps the pressure on and every defense pair works together as if they were joined at the hip. The only Ivy team that I have never seen a rep from there is Cornell. But I am a bit surprised to know that Hagerty has not inked somewhere-perhaps he is not going the NCAA route? We will try to find out what we can and let you know.
                            I think that you have already said it, but it appears that most Delbarton players choose the Ivy route. Melanson appears to be a sgnificent exception.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                              Turk-That summary about Drew Melanson says it quite succinctly. You cannot help but notice him-he is just so smooth and effortless that you do not think he is even moving-until you notice him catching up to someone or just flying past everyone. For those who have watched RPI hockey for a long time-he may be the one of the fastest I have ever seen who will be at RPI. Kelly Askew was a rocket-Brad Tapper could tear up the ice-Brinkworth was very quick. But Melanson, who has that kind of speed, just looks like it comes so easy. I don't profess to be a scout or understand what other abilities you need to be a star in college hockey-but this kid can just flat out skate.
                              Yes, but can he use that speed under control? Johnny Rogic also has speed, after all...

Comment

Parker Reno is a great addition for RPI. I've seen him at Lincoln's tryout camp the past two seasons. The Stars drafted him in the 2011 USHL Futures Draft, so I assume he'll play for Lincoln next season (2013-14) before moving on to RPI. I guess there's a possibility he'd jump from MN high school hockey to college, but I'd guess he'll play one season in the USHL before going on to RPI.

Big, rangy d-man with above-average feet and good hands. I would say he's more of an all-around defenseman than say a stay-at-home or offensive d-man. He looked outstanding at Lincoln's camp this past June in Minneapolis. He wants to finish his senior season at Edina, but I think the Lincoln coaches would have taken him this season if he wanted to leave Edina early.

BTW, you guys are getting an unbelievable player in Jake Wood. I call him "The Wrecking Ball." So much fun to watch him live. He's small, but he doesn't play like it.
                                Last edited by Yeti; 11-13-2012, 11:28 AM.
                                Black and Blue: The Unnoficial Lincoln Stars Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X