X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    I agree about Melanson. The next most like is Tironese. I was a bit surprised that Tironese wasn't ranked, but his size is probably against him. They are the only two first time eligibles and are most likely to be selected. That article was high on Bourbonnais, but since he was pased over twice, it seems unlikely. Of our current players, Bradley seems most likely although he was passed over last year.
    I had one source mention Bradley-but that was for last year's draft and it was just borderline. Perhaps this year? Tironese is another possible but again would be borderline. Other than 1st and perhaps 2nd round picks-these things are so tough to predict. The lockout this year may play a huge role if it continues much longer. Ther might not even be a draft.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      I will have to put my galsses on-I was going to ask for her number!
      Reminder to self: Keep the soul patch and possibly not shave the attempt at a beard when going to Princeton so that DrD doesn't hit on me.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        Reminder to self: Keep the soul patch and possibly not shave the attempt at a beard when going to Princeton so that DrD doesn't hit on me.
        You don't have to worry-Jenny will be with me. And even after all these years I fear that petite little lady with that hot Italian temper.(and she is usually armed and dangerous) I have always said if I was involved in a bar fight I would want her there with me.

Comment

You don't have to worry-Jenny will be with me. And even after all these years I fear that petite little lady with that hot Italian temper.(and she is usually armed and dangerous) I have always said if I was involved in a bar fight I would want her there with me.
          She'd probably kick both our asses.

Comment

I had one source mention Bradley-but that was for last year's draft and it was just borderline. Perhaps this year? Tironese is another possible but again would be borderline. Other than 1st and perhaps 2nd round picks-these things are so tough to predict. The lockout this year may play a huge role if it continues much longer. Ther might not even be a draft.
            I agree that they are both borderline, bur good seasons could help a lot. Tironese started out on the right track, but appears to have fallen off lately.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

She'd probably kick both our asses.
              She is one tough little mini-Guinea. When she was running my office as both the office manager and the RN in charge-I referred to her as Nurse Ratchet. She is a throw back to the old time nurses you might remember as a kid. But as reliable as you can be and always willing to do what is necessary-no matter what that includes. If she was a hockey player-you wouold want an entire team like that. 100% effort all the time.

Comment

I agree that they are both borderline, bur good seasons could help a lot. Tironese started out on the right track, but appears to have fallen off lately.
                In his case I am sure they are looking at more than just scoring numbers. I have always rather naively been taken by the numbers, but after attending a few games in the company of astute hockey people who evaluate these kids-I am amazed at the things they focus on and chart. Of course they like kids who score and assist-but they look at so many other variables that i never even thought to consider. Not having seen Tironese at all I have no comment. But Bradley is a bit impressive in the way he adjusted to NCAA play fairly quickly. I do not expect him to be high on anyone's list but at the same time it would not surprise me to see him get a look in a later round.

Comment

In his case I am sure they are looking at more than just scoring numbers. I have always rather naively been taken by the numbers, but after attending a few games in the company of astute hockey people who evaluate these kids-I am amazed at the things they focus on and chart. Of course they like kids who score and assist-but they look at so many other variables that i never even thought to consider. Not having seen Tironese at all I have no comment. But Bradley is a bit impressive in the way he adjusted to NCAA play fairly quickly. I do not expect him to be high on anyone's list but at the same time it would not surprise me to see him get a look in a later round.
                  Oh I agree, but scoring is most of what I can tell about Tironese having not seen him play. I have only seen a few clips.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

She is one tough little mini-Guinea. When she was running my office as both the office manager and the RN in charge-I referred to her as Nurse Ratchet. She is a throw back to the old time nurses you might remember as a kid. But as reliable as you can be and always willing to do what is necessary-no matter what that includes. If she was a hockey player-you wouold want an entire team like that. 100% effort all the time.
                    Is she draft eligible?
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Oh I agree, but scoring is most of what I can tell about Tironese having not seen him play. I have only seen a few clips.
                      I have seen even less. But i am sure that if he has shown anything special that they have a complete book on him already.

Comment

If they focused on numbers, they wouldn't bother going to the games, and instead just look at box scores. There's a lot more the score sheet doesn't tell you. How do they do in the corners? How well do they mark a player while on D? How aggressive are they out there?

Chris Bradley has shown some improvement since I saw him in Youngstown, but I still see some freshman jitters out there. Hopefully he has a good campaign.

Comment

Is she draft eligible?
                          Would have all her college elligibility left. But having a uniform to fit would present some special needs. 4'10" is difficult enough, but size 3 skates? Ridiculously small feet. And her uniform top would have to large (for reasons i won't get into).

Comment

Would have all her college elligibility left. But having a uniform to fit would present some special needs. 4'10" is difficult enough, but size 3 skates? Ridiculously small feet. And her uniform top would have to large (for reasons i won't get into).
                            If the roller derby girls of those dimensions could do it, I'm sure Jenny could.

Comment

If they focused on numbers, they wouldn't bother going to the games, and instead just look at box scores. There's a lot more the score sheet doesn't tell you. How do they do in the corners? How well do they mark a player while on D? How aggressive are they out there?

Chris Bradley has shown some improvement since I saw him in Youngstown, but I still see some freshman jitters out there. Hopefully he has a good campaign.
                              Dude you have it exactly right. The intangibles that we most often do not even notice-upper body strength, speed, quckness, first two steps, positioning, approach to the corner, ability to stay on their skates, etc. Years ago I sat with 2 scouts up at Bright for an RPI/Harvard game-neither of them could even tell me the score at the end of the period. Their focus was on so many other things. If i had to look at all the things they watch-I would never enjoy the game. The hardest part I think, however, is trying to predict all of these things when looking at a 13 year old kid-who is not yet fully mature, and at the same time playing only against other 13 year old kids who are also not fully developed. And today-that is the age group they are already watching.

Comment

If the roller derby girls of those dimensions could do it, I'm sure Jenny could.
                                As a kid I loved roller derby-actually like wrestling thought it was all for real. Banked tracks, Bay Area Bombers vs the NY Chiefs, loved the stuff-especially the girls. Who would have thought i would ever have married one?

Comment

Working...
                                X