X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    Thanks guys for the responses. I had remembered some of this discussion from previous posts but needed a refresher. Now-is it more important for recruits to get that extra year under their belt before coming into RPI when they are defensemen or when they are forwards-or both? And is it still important with the emphasis that SA puts on his senior class (and perhaps juniors) leading the way and handling much of the resposibility? He seems to mostly introduce the freshmen slowly (with a few notable exceptions).
    I have always heard that defensemen develop slower. I would think that it is less important if there is an emphasis on upperclassmen. I know that SA has said that he emphasizes upperclassmen, but it seems that after a few games the freshmen start playing regularly too.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
      No, they haven't. They've talked about their lack of being unable to hold on to leads but haven't had an in depth discussion on what the problem could be. 47 goals allowed (most allowed in BCHL) in 9 games is not a very good recipe for winning hockey...good thing they also lead the league in scoring, 35.
      I don't really think that whether or not AV has good defense will play an influence on Tironese's development. I think that it is good for players to experience both winning an losing, so they can find out that winning feels better.

I read a tweet from Melanson that losing felt bad (or some such statement). I think that after the last few years, it will help him to not win virtually every game. JMHO as usual.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        I have always heard that defensemen develop slower. I would think that it is less important if there is an emphasis on upperclassmen. I know that SA has said that he emphasizes upperclassmen, but it seems that after a few games the freshmen start playing regularly too.
        Coach says he emphasizes upperclassmen but he played York a freshman over Lange the senior in the cornell playoff series which obviously was a good move. Rabbani Halpern Justin Smith Beauregard of course all sat much of their senior years. I would rather he played the freshmen and get them invaluable experience otherwise they end up entering soph year with few games under their belts. JMO

Comment

video of Jake Wood's goal, courtesy of Tim Yeti. Man, watching this shot and the 1 knee on ice/fist pump celebration sure does remind me of Chase Polacek....... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNWciie21Ow&feature=plcp
          It certainly does. Wow! I was kind of hoping Chase would get another season in the pros...the lockout doesn't seem to be helping.

Comment

Originally posted by REDaero91 View Post
            It certainly does. Wow! I was kind of hoping Chase would get another season in the pros...the lockout doesn't seem to be helping.
            Chase isn't playing pro hockey this year? Did I miss a retirement announcement?
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              Generally speaking, this true I think it has something to do with the skating backwards while chewing gum thing....

There are always examples of guys like Leonard and Haggerty who come in and contribute right off the bat. This season, I have a feeling Zalewski and Miller are kids who'll make an impact as frosh.
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                Chase isn't playing pro hockey this year? Did I miss a retirement announcement?
                No...he just hasn't signed with anyone yet. I know St. Louis (Peoria) isn't planning on re-signing him, and I don't think he's turned up anywhere else.

Comment

I would also prefer to see ET in the USHL next year RB. I think it would be better for his development to play in a league that is considered by many to be 1 notch below D-1 than a league 2 notches below. Concerning his scoring, as Ralph noted, he is leading the league after the 1st month, in an interview between periods of last night's game he was asked if leading the league was something he thought about, "sure it is, I'ld love to", was his answer. The announcers pointed out after the game how it will become more difficult for him as teams have to now recognize when & where he is on the ice. They also agreed they had had not seen a talent like ET in Alberni for some time now.
                  I tend toward avoiding generalities. As RB and others have touched on, I think a lot depends on the BCHL program the kid plays for, the kid himself and the college team he lands on. If the college team is strong, the kid can get his minutes and learn on the fly knowing his team mates will pick him up/bail him out if he slips up.

Comment

No...he just hasn't signed with anyone yet. I know St. Louis (Peoria) isn't planning on re-signing him, and I don't think he's turned up anywhere else.
                    Your point is a good one. A lot of FA players have been pushed out of the AHL in favor of the two-way guys sent down from the show. Stinks for those guys who played well enough in the AHL/ECHL last year to earn an AHL roster spot. With any luck, they'll reach an agreement sooner than later.

Comment

Generally speaking, this true I think it has something to do with the skating backwards while chewing gum thing....

There are always examples of guys like Leonard and Haggerty who come in and contribute right off the bat. This season, I have a feeling Zalewski and Miller are kids who'll make an impact as frosh.
                      I agree about Zalewski. Miller I have a hard time figuring out. Either we will see him hardly at all or he will step in to replace Malchuk. I also think that Bradley will play a lot.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Chase? I sort of remember a guy with that name over five years ago. A small kid, came from Minnesota with another kid whom I have long forgotten.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I went thru each AHL team's Camp Rosters & Chase isn't on any. For some reason today when I went to check on the ECHL transactions my Mac wouldn't open it. It sited Malware was lurking on the site so I stayed away. In fact, the ECHL page was even removed from my TopSites page......in other Recruit News, Evan Tironese named BCHL POW.....http://theworldofjuniorhockey.blogsp...inues-hot.html
                          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

I went thru each AHL team's Camp Rosters & Chase isn't on any. For some reason today when I went to check on the ECHL transactions my Mac wouldn't open it. It sited Malware was lurking on the site so I stayed away. In fact, the ECHL page was even removed from my TopSites page......in other Recruit News, Evan Tironese named BCHL POW.....http://theworldofjuniorhockey.blogsp...inues-hot.html
                            I haven't been able to find him either. Same for Brutlag -- he doesn't appear on Gwinett's or Norfolk's camp rosters.

Comment

I haven't been able to find him either. Same for Brutlag -- he doesn't appear on Gwinett's or Norfolk's camp rosters.
                              Edit: Brutlag was offered a qualifying offer by Gwinett last summer, not sure he signed it. If he didn't, he may now be caught in a numbers game for a roster spot.

Comment

in other Recruit News, Evan Tironese named BCHL POW.....http://theworldofjuniorhockey.blogsp...inues-hot.html
                                Well deserved.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X