This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13

another big game so far for ET. 2g 1a midway 2nd period.....http://www.bchl.ca/leagues/hockey_bo...gameID=1102809
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

On Saturday, the Omaha Lancers lost to the Indiana Ice 2-0. Drew Melanson had no points or penalties. http://ushl2011.stats.pointstreak.co...gameid=1977725

Melanson's line is now 2-1-0-1-0.

BTW, the USHL boxscores have short recaps linked to them this year at the top.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

On Saturday, the Cedar Rapids Roughriders defeated the Green Bay Gamblers 4-1. Riley Bourbonnais had an assist. http://ushl2011.stats.pointstreak.co...gameid=1977723

Bourbonnais' line is now 1-0-1-1-0.
        Last edited by Ralph Baer; 09-30-2012, 05:33 AM.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

On Saturday, the Alberni Valley Bulldogs defeated the Cowichan Valley Capitals 5-2. Evan Tironese had two goals (1 ppg), an assist, and two roughing penalties. He was named #1 star. http://www.bchl.ca/leagues/hockey_bo...2809&link=bchl

Tironese's line is now 8-6-9-15-12.
          Last edited by Ralph Baer; 09-30-2012, 12:07 AM.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Code:
             # Name                Ps commitm. Team (League)                   Year  DOB      Ht    Wt  Hometown             Gm- G- A-  P- PM Next Gm
            23 Riley Bourbonnais * LC 09/18/11 Cedar Rapids RoughRiders (USHL) 2013  08/08/93 5'10" 189 Rochester NY          1- 0- 1-  1-  0 10/05/12
            20 Jimmy DeVito        RW 01/10/12 Lincoln Stars (USHL)            2013  04/02/94 5'11" 175 Bloomingdale IL       1- 0- 0-  0-  5 10/05/12
            22 Charles Manley      LD 12/19/11 Selects Hockey Academy (USEHL)  2014  07/16/96 5'08" 150 Orchard Park NY       0- 0- 0-  0-  0 09/30/12 missing games
            27 Drew Melanson       LW 01/28/11 Omaha Lancers (USHL)            13/14 01/10/95 5'11" 160 Paramus NJ            2- 1- 0-  1-  0 10/05/12
            15 Evan Tironese       LW 05/01/12 Alberni Valley Bulldogs (BCHL)  2014  08/02/95 5'09" 163 Qualicum Beach BC     8- 6- 9- 15- 12 10/05/12
            26 Jake Wood           LW 01/10/11 Lincoln Stars (USHL)            2013  08/06/93 5'08" 179 Georgetown ON         1- 1- 0-  1-  0 10/05/12
            Women
            11 Hannah Behounek      D 06/01/12 Minnetonka H.S. (Lake Conf)     2013  xx/xx/9x x'xx" xxx Minnetonka, MN        0- 0- 0-  0-  0
            13 Katie Rooney         F 08/05/12 Buffalo H.S. (Mississippi 8)    2013  xx/xx/9x x'xx" xxx Buffalo, MN           0- 0- 0-  0-  0

* In the RPI directory
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Evan Tironese is leading the BCHL in scoring http://www.bchl.ca/leagues/stats_hoc...&leagueid=2393. I like the 7 powerplay points.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                Evan Tironese is leading the BCHL in scoring http://www.bchl.ca/leagues/stats_hoc...&leagueid=2393. I like the 7 powerplay points.
                Refresh me again-where exactly does the BCHL rate in comparison as to competitive level with the USHL? Does performing well there have any relevance to doing so in the other leagues?
                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                  Refresh me again-where exactly does the BCHL rate in comparison as to competitive level with the USHL? Does performing well there have any relevance to doing so in the other leagues?
                  BCHL is part of the highest "amateur" junior league in Canada, and is typically very competitive for the Royal Bank Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                    The general feeling is that the BCHL and AJHL are one step below the USHL among the leagues in which college hockey teams recruit. It's above the Ontario leagues, the other western Canada leagues and the NAHL and EJHL. BCHL fans might disagree with this. I do think that if Tironese continues to score at almost two points per game, he would be better off in the USHL next season, but I doubt that SA would insist. I don't think that this is the same problem that I regarded Laliberte as having in the CJHL which is at least one more step lower according to most.

Of course, JMHO.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      BCHL is part of the highest "amateur" junior league in Canada, and is typically very competitive for the Royal Bank Cup.
                      You are correct, but didn't answer DrD's question unless the USHL is in Canada.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I would also prefer to see ET in the USHL next year RB. I think it would be better for his development to play in a league that is considered by many to be 1 notch below D-1 than a league 2 notches below. Concerning his scoring, as Ralph noted, he is leading the league after the 1st month, in an interview between periods of last night's game he was asked if leading the league was something he thought about, "sure it is, I'ld love to", was his answer. The announcers pointed out after the game how it will become more difficult for him as teams have to now recognize when & where he is on the ice. They also agreed they had had not seen a talent like ET in Alberni for some time now.
                        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                          I would also prefer to see ET in the USHL next year RB. I think it would be better for his development to play in a league that is considered by many to be 1 notch below D-1 than a league 2 notches below. Concerning his scoring, as Ralph noted, he is leading the league after the 1st month, in an interview between periods of last night's game he was asked if leading the league was something he thought about, "sure it is, I'ld love to", was his answer. The announcers pointed out after the game how it will become more difficult for him as teams have to now recognize when & where he is on the ice. They also agreed they had had not seen a talent like ET in Alberni for some time now.
                          Good point that teams will soon start watching him at all times which they are unlikely to have done yet, at least at this level. That will help unless they send goons after him.

I don't know what colleges coaches are able to do about suggesting where players play before going to college, but I suspect that they can't say "go here or else". They may not be able to even suggest things, but undoubtedly they can get around that by speaking to advisers so some other way. I do feel that he can contiune to develop this season in the BCHL -- the question that I see is about next season. There certainly have been players who have gone to college directly out of the BCHL and done fine in college. I am not overly concerned yet, but if he truly dominates all season, another season there might not help and could cause him to stagnate.

I sense that we are basically in agreement. At the moment I am enjoying his production, and he has not had a five-goal game yet.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

turk,

Since you obviously have been listening to some AV games, have they discussed AV's obvious defensive problems?
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              turk,

Since you obviously have been listening to some AV games, have they discussed AV's obvious defensive problems?
                              No, they haven't. They've talked about their lack of being unable to hold on to leads but haven't had an in depth discussion on what the problem could be. 47 goals allowed (most allowed in BCHL) in 9 games is not a very good recipe for winning hockey...good thing they also lead the league in scoring, 35.

Comment

Thanks guys for the responses. I had remembered some of this discussion from previous posts but needed a refresher. Now-is it more important for recruits to get that extra year under their belt before coming into RPI when they are defensemen or when they are forwards-or both? And is it still important with the emphasis that SA puts on his senior class (and perhaps juniors) leading the way and handling much of the resposibility? He seems to mostly introduce the freshmen slowly (with a few notable exceptions).
                                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Working...
                                X