X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    As a kid growing up-I got the best advice from my mom. She had been a professional athlete back in the 30's and 40's when most women just did not do that sort of thing. She told me when threatened with a fight-just walk or skate away. But if you can't-then just make sure you land the first punch. Don't stand there and posture or threaten-just throw(and hopefully land) the first punch...
    Totally agree with mom's approach. I'm a very patient man and have a very long fuse, but in the few times in my life when I have reached the end of my rope and gotten into physical altercations (usually teeing off on wanna-be bullies) bystanders have told me that my "eruptions" were swift and decisive. Haaa..
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      I would think that he would know the rule, but considering how many people think that a Game Misconduct results in an NCAA suspension, he may not. I would think that if a Fighting penalty alone would warrant a suspension in the USHL, one would see more multiple roughing penalties, and certainly DeVito had many fighting penalties last year without suspension.
      I think you're right RB. The USHL is a fighting league, so unless someone leaves the bench or instigates, I'
      ve got to think he'll be in the lineup.
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
        I think you're right RB. The USHL is a fighting league, so unless someone leaves the bench or instigates, I'
        ve got to think he'll be in the lineup.
        A couple of posts about that fight http://finishyourcheck.com/topic/669...s/page__st__40. Nothing really enlightning.
        Last edited by Ralph Baer; 09-21-2012, 02:08 PM.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          I don't know the USHL rules but note that some players received Game Misconducts (e.g., Melanson) and some Game Ejections along with the fighting penalties. Ejection sounds more serious.
          It wouldn't surprise me if "Game Ejection" were the same thing as college's "Game Disqualification" or the IIHF's "Match Penalty".

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            It wouldn't surprise me if "Game Ejection" were the same thing as college's "Game Disqualification" or the IIHF's "Match Penalty".
            Sheldon Dries was the GB player who received the Fighting Game Ejection yesterday vs Omaha....he's in the lineup for Gb in today's game.
            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
              Sheldon Dries was the GB player who received the Fighting Game Ejection yesterday vs Omaha....he's in the lineup for Gb in today's game.
              That seems to settle it.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

On Friday, in a preseason game, the Cedar Rapids Roughriders defeated the Tri-City Storm 3-0. Riley Bourbonnais scored an ENG. He led the team with 4 SOGs. http://ushl2011.stats.pointstreak.co...gameid=2010071

Bourbonnais' preseason line is now 5-1-2-3-2.

Edit: Next weekend their season starts.
                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 09-21-2012, 04:06 PM.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

even though it was an ENG it still had to feel good with SA in attendance.
                  Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

even though it was an ENG it still had to feel good with SA in attendance.
                    Wouldn't you just love to see us scoring a bunch of ENGs this coming year? That has not exactly been a great statistic for us the past few years.
                    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                      Wouldn't you just love to see us scoring a bunch of ENGs this coming year? That has not exactly been a great statistic for us the past few years.
                      How many times did we have the opportunity last year? Not too many, I don't think.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        How many times did we have the opportunity last year? Not too many, I don't think.
                        I took it to mean, wouldn't it be nice to be in a position to have the oppurtunities for the ENG's.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          Melanson has a one game suspension. Pure speed, hands and eyes in the back of his head.

Comment

I took it to mean, wouldn't it be nice to be in a position to have the oppurtunities for the ENG's.
                            You took it exactly as it was meant. No need to read between the lines.

Comment

Originally posted by lancerfan View Post
                              Pure speed, hands and eyes in the back of his head.
                              That's what we got to see here in NJ the past few years. Fast, quick, smooth-an almost effortless skater.

Comment

Originally posted by lancerfan View Post
                                Melanson has a one game suspension. Pure speed, hands and eyes in the back of his head.
                                So FD08 and I both had that wrong. Thanks for the info including the assessment.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X