X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
    and...Justin Woods is #25 and Jake Wood is #26.
    I can see myself making that mistake often this seaon, Of course their heights aren't exactly close and Woods plays D, but I don't notice either when I see the boxscore. I'll post the final box later.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The Pep Band is going to have to learn the James Woods song from Family Guy to play for the next few years once Jake Wood gets to Troy. Yes I know its Jake Wood not James Woods but the song is pretty catchy.
      For those who arent Family Guy fans, here is the video.
      Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

How do you see the goalie situation playing out ? It's unusual for RPI to have 3 legit D1 goalies on the roster, usually a non-scholarship player is the backup to the backup.

Heres what I think :

This season :
        Merriman
        Kasdorf
        Diebold

Then I see Diebold as Kasdorf's backup the next 2 seasons.

I think Diebold will see some playing time but its going to be crowded in net this season.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
          The Pep Band is going to have to learn the James Woods song from Family Guy to play for the next few years once Jake Wood gets to Troy. Yes I know its Jake Wood not James Woods but the song is pretty catchy.
          For those who arent Family Guy fans, here is the video.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueywqUBW3oM
          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers99995 View Post
            How do you see the goalie situation playing out ? It's unusual for RPI to have 3 legit D1 goalies on the roster, usually a non-scholarship player is the backup to the backup.

Heres what I think :

This season :
            Merriman
            Kasdorf
            Diebold

Then I see Diebold as Kasdorf's backup the next 2 seasons.

I think Diebold will see some playing time but its going to be crowded in net this season.
            I think Merriam and Diebold will battle for the majority of playing time this year. Some of the saves I saw Diebold make last year reminded me a lot of a young Alan York. He is extremely quick from pipe to pipe and flat out stole more than a few goals from opponents last year. Standout keepers steal moments and steal games...I think Diebold has that potential. Kasdorf will use this year to grow physically and mentally and put a miserable year in USHL behind him.

Of course, I could be completely wrong.
            Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 09-19-2012, 09:04 PM.
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

On Wednesday, in a preseason game, the Lincoln Stars defeated the Fargo Force 5-1. Jimmy DeVito had no points or penalties. Jake Wood had a goal and an assist. http://ushl2011.stats.pointstreak.co...gameid=2010046

DeVito's preseason line is now 2-0-0-0-0. missing game
              Wood's preseason line is now 2-1-1-2-0. missing game
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Code:
                 # Name                Ps commitm. Team (League)                   Year  DOB      Ht    Wt  Hometown             Gm- G- A-  P- PM Next Gm
                23 Riley Bourbonnais * LC 09/18/11 Cedar Rapids RoughRiders (USHL) 2013  08/08/93 5'10" 189 Rochester NY          0- 0- 0-  0-  0 09/20/12
                20 Jimmy DeVito        RW 01/10/12 Lincoln Stars (USHL)            2013  04/02/94 5'11" 175 Bloomingdale IL       0- 0- 0-  0-  0 09/20/12
                22 Charles Manley      LD 12/19/11 Selects Hockey Academy (USEHL)  2014  07/16/96 5'08" 150 Orchard Park NY       0- 0- 0-  0-  0 09/21/12 missing games
                27 Drew Melanson       LW 01/28/11 Omaha Lancers (USHL)            13/14 01/10/95 5'11" 160 Paramus NJ            0- 0- 0-  0-  0 09/20/12
                15 Evan Tironese       LW 05/01/12 Alberni Valley Bulldogs (BCHL)  2014  08/02/95 5'09" 163 Qualicum Beach BC     3- 1- 4-  5-  4 09/21/12
                26 Jake Wood           LW 01/10/11 Lincoln Stars (USHL)            2013  08/06/93 5'08" 179 Georgetown ON         0- 0- 0-  0-  0 09/20/12
                Women
                11 Hannah Behounek      D 06/01/12 Minnetonka H.S. (Lake Conf)     2013  xx/xx/9x x'xx" xxx Minnetonka, MN        0- 0- 0-  0-  0
                13 Katie Rooney         F 08/05/12 Buffalo H.S. (Mississippi 8)    2013  xx/xx/9x x'xx" xxx Buffalo, MN           0- 0- 0-  0-  0

* In the RPI directory
                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 09-20-2012, 07:21 PM.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                  I think Merriam and Diebold will battle for the majority of playing time this year. Some of the saves I saw Diebold make last year reminded me a lot of a young Alan York. He is extremely quick from pipe to pipe and flat out stole more than a few goals from opponents last year. Standout keepers steal moments and steal games...I think Diebold has that potential. Kasdorf will use this year to grow physically and mentally and put a miserable year in USHL behind him.

Of course, I could be completely wrong.
                  You have to be totally wrong this time-because I agree completely. And going by my picks the past couple years in Vics ECAC standings contest, I obviously know very little about all of this.
                  Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                    You have to be totally wrong this time-because I agree completely. And going by my picks the past couple years in Vics ECAC standings contest, I obviously know very little about all of this.
                    I agree too, except on the thread where he posted.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

BTW, with Lincoln playing Cedar Rapids today, three of our recruits will be playing in one game, assuming that all of them dress.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Re: Melanson

Everything I have read and heard suggests that this kid will be a stud. By stud, I mean things like ECAC ROTY, and assuming he stays (which I think he will given his size), a potential All American Candidate and Hobey Baker Candidate.

A great get for RPI and great for the conference...I hate losing these kind of kids to the traditional powers in the WCHA and Hockey East. I'm excited to see him play!

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
                          Re: Melanson

Everything I have read and heard suggests that this kid will be a stud. By stud, I mean things like ECAC ROTY, and assuming he stays (which I think he will given his size), a potential All American Candidate and Hobey Baker Candidate.

A great get for RPI and great for the conference...I hate losing these kind of kids to the traditional powers in the WCHA and Hockey East. I'm excited to see him play!
                          Certainly wouldn't mind those predictions being correct.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

SA has tweeted that he is going to Sioux City tomorrow to watch the last part of the USHL Classic there.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              BTW, with Lincoln playing Cedar Rapids today, three of our recruits will be playing in one game, assuming that all of them dress.
                              both Devito & Wood are scratches in today's Lincoln game...& so is Bourbonaiss for CR..... http://ushl2011.stats.pointstreak.co...gameid=2010052
                              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

On Thursday, in a preseason game, the Lincoln Stars lost to the Cedar Rapids Roughriders 4-3. Jimmy DeVito had did not dress. Jake Wood did not dress. Riley Bourbonnais did not dress. http://ushl2011.stats.pointstreak.co...gameid=2010052

DeVito's preseason line is now 2-0-0-0-0. missing game
                                Wood's preseason line is now 2-1-1-2-0. missing game
                                Bourbonnais' preseason line is now 4-0-2-2-2.

I didn't expect that to happen. Maybe all three went out drinking.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X