X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13

Originally posted by knsmith View Post
    I agree. On top of that, it is safe to presume that what's keeping Melanson in the "C" category is his lack of NHL size. As we know, size is much less of a prerequisite to success in college in than in the NHL. This suggests that Melanson has second- or third-round skill (or better).

Ralph, do you remember where Pirri fell in this list? Given his bigger frame (relative to Melanson), if he too was a C-lister, that makes me really excited about the kind of talent that Melanson might be bringing into Troy.
    I strongly suspect (and have been told by others who know this stuff far better than I do) that size is the only thing holding back a much higher rating for Melanson. There are a number of those who have him pegged as a 2nd through 4th round NHL pick. Of course we have little idea of how he will match up with the bigger and faster boys now that he is away from Delbarton-but if he progresses at all we will have quite a catch to watch in Troy.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      I have decided that I like C players more than A or B -- less likely to leave early. 154lb is probably closer to his true weight than what the USHL lists.
      Have no clue what weight he is listed at by the USHL-but as of the end of last season 5'11" and 155-160 would be our guess. He was definitely on the slim side when we saw him before the end of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
        Have no clue what weight he is listed at by the USHL-but as of the end of last season 5'11" and 155-160 would be our guess. He was definitely on the slim side when we saw him before the end of the year.
        160 lb
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I like the fact that he is 5"11 or close to it. I'd rather worry about hanging some weight on him, as opposed to adding height.
          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

On Wednesday, in a preseason game, the Cedar Rapids Roughriders defeated the Des Moines Buccaneers 7-1. Riley Bourbonnais had an assist on a PPG. He was the only Cedar Rapids player to be have a minus. http://ushl2011.stats.pointstreak.co...gameid=2010043

Bourbonnais' preseason line is now 4-0-2-2-2.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
              I like the fact that he is 5"11 or close to it. I'd rather worry about hanging some weight on him, as opposed to adding height.
              I agree but i just do not see his frame adding too much. Hopefully adding any bulk will not affect one of best attributes-at the high school level he was just remarkably faster than everyone else. Remains to be seen yet if that translates on the next level.

Comment

I agree but i just do not see his frame adding too much. Hopefully adding any bulk will not affect one of best attributes-at the high school level he was just remarkably faster than everyone else. Remains to be seen yet if that translates on the next level.
                Or more importantly the one after that. (The next level is the USHL. )
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

On Wednesday, in a preseason game, the Omaha Lancers defeated the Chicago Steel 3-2. Drew Melanson had no points or penalties. http://ushl2011.stats.pointstreak.co...gameid=2010044

Melanson's preseason line is now 2-0-0-0-0.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I guess the point I was trying to make is he's already taller than JL and Fulton...
                    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by knsmith View Post
                      I agree. On top of that, it is safe to presume that what's keeping Melanson in the "C" category is his lack of NHL size. As we know, size is much less of a prerequisite to success in college in than in the NHL. This suggests that Melanson has second- or third-round skill (or better).

Ralph, do you remember where Pirri fell in this list? Given his bigger frame (relative to Melanson), if he too was a C-lister, that makes me really excited about the kind of talent that Melanson might be bringing into Troy.
                      Pirri was a "B" on the preliminary rankings.....he finished the year rated at #75. http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....-to-watch.html
                      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                        I guess the point I was trying to make is he's already taller than JL and Fulton...
                        And also taller than RB.

Comment

Or more importantly the one after that. (The next level is the USHL. )
                          Absolutely-each step is major.

Comment

Jake Wood with a nice 1st period tonight, 1g...1a... http://ushl2011.stats.pointstreak.co...gameid=2010046
                            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                              Jake Wood with a nice 1st period tonight, 1g...1a... http://ushl2011.stats.pointstreak.co...gameid=2010046
                              It's good to see one of our recruits starting to adapt to the USHL. BTW, a team shouldn't be allowed to have players named both Wood and Woods with similar first names too.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

It's good to see one of our recruits starting to adapt to the USHL. BTW, a team shouldn't be allowed to have players named both Wood and Woods with similar first names too.
                                and...Justin Woods is #25 and Jake Wood is #26.

Comment

Working...
                                X