X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    He won't gain any weight skating that much. Seriously, he and Melanson excite me the most among our recruits. Both appear to have a lot of upside potential. (I am leaving Manley out of that equation since I know virtually nothing about him. I would think that if South Kent wants to become the Shattuck of the east, they would have more info on line also.)
    You could be spot on about Tironese. When I was talking with one of the coaching staff about several future players, ET was the one he was most excited about.
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

An article about Alberni Valley's games over the weekend. http://www2.canada.com/albernivalley...9-279a35ec4262

It mentions Tironese's GWG, but nothing else of real any interest.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Michael Ederer selected SLU over RPI & Penn St...per USHR

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
          Thanks Bothman. Was there anything about Evan Tironese in the recent post there about top BCHL forwards?
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Thanks Bothman. Was there anything about Evan Tironese in the recent post there about top BCHL forwards?
            Ranked #27, but with limited viewing. He has potential to be much higher on list.

Comment

Ranked #27, but with limited viewing. He has potential to be much higher on list.
              Thanks again.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Sorry to hear that we missed on him, but glad we were on the short list. Buffalo/Nichols School forward with good upside. WNY has been putting out some very nice players in the last few years...glad to see Seth continues to be on top of them.
                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Drew Melanson on initial NHL CSL.....scroll down to USHL http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=83207 BTW, Joe Widmar who played for the CD Selects last year is also on the list (USHL).....he's still uncommitted................ All "A" skaters have been identified as potential first-round picks, while "B" players are considered second- or third-round candidates. The players on the "C" list are thought to be fourth-, fifth- or sixth-round possibilities. http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...id=DL|NHL|home
                  Last edited by turk181; 09-19-2012, 10:25 AM.
                  Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                    Drew Melanson on initial NHL CSL.....scroll down to USHL http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=83207 BTW, Joe Widmar who played for the CD Selects last year is also on the list (USHL).....he's still uncommitted................ All "A" skaters have been identified as potential first-round picks, while "B" players are considered second- or third-round candidates. The players on the "C" list are thought to be fourth-, fifth- or sixth-round possibilities. http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...id=DL|NHL|home
                    I have decided that I like C players more than A or B -- less likely to leave early. 154lb is probably closer to his true weight than what the USHL lists.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I have decided that I like C players more than A or B -- less likely to leave early. 154lb is probably closer to his true weight than what the USHL lists.
                      Agreed Ralph. Is Melanson currently rated a "C" ? (I'm too lazy to look)
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                        Agreed Ralph. Is Melanson currently rated a "C" ? (I'm too lazy to look)
                        Yes, sir.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I agree. On top of that, it is safe to presume that what's keeping Melanson in the "C" category is his lack of NHL size. As we know, size is much less of a prerequisite to success in college in than in the NHL. This suggests that Melanson has second- or third-round skill (or better).

Ralph, do you remember where Pirri fell in this list? Given his bigger frame (relative to Melanson), if he too was a C-lister, that makes me really excited about the kind of talent that Melanson might be bringing into Troy.

Comment

Originally posted by knsmith View Post
                            I agree. On top of that, it is safe to presume that what's keeping Melanson in the "C" category is his lack of NHL size. As we know, size is much less of a prerequisite to success in college in than in the NHL. This suggests that Melanson has second- or third-round skill (or better).

Ralph, do you remember where Pirri fell in this list? Given his bigger frame (relative to Melanson), if he too was a C-lister, that makes me really excited about the kind of talent that Melanson might be bringing into Troy.
                            No, I don't remember. It's probably still somewhere on line.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

No, I don't remember. It's probably still somewhere on line.
                              I couldn't find the one for that year, but we had four the next year (Bokenfohr, Curadi, Higgs, Zalewski) although we did not know it yet and none got drafted http://www.nhl.com/league/ext/pdf/PlayersToWatch.pdf

Bokenfohr was a B. The others were C.
                              Last edited by Ralph Baer; 09-19-2012, 12:54 PM.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Cornwall appears to be closely mirroring RPI's 3 goalie rotation...Their #3 keeper may get a start tomorrow night.

http://www.standard-freeholder.com/2...alie-edwardson

Comment

Working...
                                X