X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    On Saturday, in a preseason game, the Cedar Rapids Roughriders lost to the Dubuque Fighting Saints 4-2. Ryan Bourbonnais had a holding penalty. http://ushl2011.stats.pointstreak.co...gameid=2009950

Bourbonnais' preseason line is now 1-0-0-0-2.
    Riley.
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
      Riley.
      Retirement can do such strange things to your mind.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Riley.
        Really?

Thanks.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          Retirement can do such strange things to your mind.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
            My major concern with him in the USHL is not how well he will play but can he withstand the bigger bodies hitting him without sustaining injury. Unless he fills out a bit more he will be playing against boys his size or larger almost all the time. At Delbarton that never was a problem-but NJ high school hockey is not in any way as combative as the USHL. Potential for injury will be far greater and more of a concern for me.
            A legitimate concern with any smallish forward. But if he has the kind of speed and skill we've been hearing about, he ought to make out ok. Johnny Gaudreau and other small, skilled forwards have done quite well in the USHL.
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

A legitimate concern with any smallish forward. But if he has the kind of speed and skill we've been hearing about, he ought to make out ok. Johnny Gaudreau and other small, skilled forwards have done quite well in the USHL.
              We should get the first hint about that tomorrow.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Having seen a lot of him, he is better described as thin rather than small. He did not seem to be very injury prone (although ended last season with a problem) and you are 100% correct-he has more than enough speed, quickness and maneuverability to avoid much of the contact if he wants to.
                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Not directly related to RPI (though it wouldnt surprise me if one of our coaches was there) , but this thread needs a push. Cornwall routed visiting Brockville last night 6-0. Most notably, the Colts scored four goals during a 7 min. long power play... They seem to have an early-season goalie battle brewing with the annointed starter getting seriously pushed by Jordan Piccolino who has now beaten powerhouse Nepean and the Braves.
                  http://www.standard-freeholder.com/2...ts-rout-braves

Comment

Not directly related to RPI (though it wouldnt surprise me if one of our coaches was there) , but this thread needs a push. Cornwall routed visiting Brockville last night 6-0. Most notably, the Colts scored four goals during a 7 min. long power play... They seem to have an early-season goalie battle brewing with the annointed starter getting seriously pushed by Jordan Piccolino who has now beaten powerhouse Nepean and the Braves.
                    http://www.standard-freeholder.com/2...ts-rout-braves
                    What ages are the goaltenders? We're pretty much set in net until 2015, although it would not surprise me if Kasdorf does amazing things at RPI and the Jets take him early, similar to what occurred with York.

Comment

• Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      What ages are the goaltenders? We're pretty much set in net until 2015, although it would not surprise me if Kasdorf does amazing things at RPI and the Jets take him early, similar to what occurred with York.
                      I would be overjoyed if Kasdorf did amazing things, but at the moment I am hoping that he becomes a capable D-I goalie.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I would be overjoyed if Kasdorf did amazing things, but at the moment I am hoping that he becomes a capable D-I goalie.
                        Agreed RB. I wasnt speculating on the Colts' goalies, just churning the recruit page...

Comment

FWIW, DeVito gained 5 pounds and Wood 9 pounds from last season http://ushl2011.stats.pointstreak.co...&seasonid=9735. Neither is listed as taller.

I'll post boxes for Alberni Valley's game (hope Tironese plays) and three USHL preseason games later.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Agreed RB. I wasnt speculating on the Colts' goalies, just churning the recruit page...
                            No need to. I'll be posting boxes later. The over-under is 3 typos that turk will catch.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              I dont have any expectation that we're interested in either keeper....though their last keeper left for Western Michigan, so anything is possible. That said, Jenkins is a '92 (5'10 187) and Piccolino a '94 (6'0 166)I would guess that other members of the Colts' squad might be of more immediate interest, given our current goalie glut. If anything, this stockpile will give Appert & Co. time to zero in on younger goalie(s) and cultivate the recruitment of him (them).

Comment

After what we heard in the USHL, the sentiment is shared. I have every confidence, though, that Coach Appert will mold him into a great goalie. Granted, we did not see this much with either Lange or Alford when Coach started, not to mention Merriam still scares the crap out of me once he even has the thought of going to a location where the colour of the ice is not blue, but I think Coach knows what he's doing when it comes to goaltenders, and NHL scouts will begin to see it, looking to draft goaltenders that want to play college at RPI.
                                Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 09-14-2012, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X