X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    I agree about Bailen, but you can't have a defense with only Bailens. A matter of fact, I wouldn't play two dmen like him in the same pairing even on the powerplay (except perhaps when needing a goal or two to tie at the end of the game).
    No of course not. I absolutely love the size we now have on D. I also love having puck movers like Dolan and Bailen. My larger point was that, regardless of position, you can't just pigeon hole someone by looking at their H/W on a roster sheet. Some guys play "bigger", some guys not so much.
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
      No of course not. I absolutely love the size we now have on D. I also love having puck movers like Dolan and Bailen. My larger point was that, regardless of position, you can't just pigeon hole someone by looking at their H/W on a roster sheet. Some guys play "bigger", some guys not so much.
      THen we agree.

I won't name anyone, but I can also think of players significantly over 6' tall who played much smaller.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Abolutely-it's the size of the fight in the dog and not the size of the dog in the fight.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

For DrD's benefit:
          According to the Alberni Valley roster, Evan Tirnonese is an inch taller and 8 pounds heavier than a year ago. http://www.bchl.ca/leagues/rosters_p...layerID=823283

Edit: Most of the weight might be in his hair, and so might the height.
          Last edited by Ralph Baer; 09-06-2012, 03:15 PM.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

For DrD's benefit:
            According to the Alberni Valley roster, Evan Tirnonese is an inch taller and 8 pounds heavier than a year ago. http://www.bchl.ca/leagues/rosters_p...layerID=823283

In terms of height, it's quite possible. One source thought I'm 6'2, but I'm just barely 6'1.

Comment

For DrD's benefit:

As I have been told in the past-every inch counts. No matter where it comes from. I think I might just have gained 8 pounds tonight myself-Jenny made her incredible lasagna and a peanut butter pie for dessert.

Comment

For DrD's benefit:

His neck looks thicker. He'll be 5'11 185 in no time.
                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                  As I have been told in the past-every inch counts. No matter where it comes from. I think I might just have gained 8 pounds tonight myself-Jenny made her incredible lasagna and a peanut butter pie for dessert.
                  Doc: Its 4:58PM...you're done with dinner already? Wow, you really are retired! ...just kidding

Comment

Doc: Its 4:58PM...you're done with dinner already? Wow, you really are retired! ...just kidding
                    We were out all day, started at a flea market at 6AM, and skipped all meals until we got home. We don't look at the clock any more-hardly wear a wrist watch. The nice thing about being a part time consultant is we can just pick when we want to work and how much. If the economy keeps going as it has though-this could all change.

Comment

His neck looks thicker? Maybe he was given a shirt as a gift this year with a tighter collar.

Comment

Can I have a bite of that?

Comment

We were out all day, started at a flea market at 6AM, and skipped all meals until we got home. We don't look at the clock any more-hardly wear a wrist watch. The nice thing about being a part time consultant is we can just pick when we want to work and how much. If the economy keeps going as it has though-this could all change.
                          I'm just foolin' with you Doc...sounds like a great meal!

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            Can I have a bite of that?
                            4 local restaurants have all offerred to sell Jen's peanut butter pie. If the ecomony continues to collapse she may just take them up on it. If we get together I am sure she would make you a pie. You would love it. One of the restaurant owners tasted it and proclaimed-"It makes you want to lick the inside of your brain."

Comment

I'm just foolin' with you Doc...sounds like a great meal!
                              I know-but I have to respond to keep my post count up in the off season.

Comment

I suspect that is about what he will be listed at when he enters RPI.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X