X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    Ralph-Don't try to read between the lines-I never complained about anything. I merely pointed out a statistic that was fairly obvious. Our list of recruits consisted of much smaller players than that of Cornell and Princeton. Nothing more and nothing less. i just wondered why when we seem to be scouting the same kids at the same places?
    Agreed Doc. These are merely observations....nothing more. In keeping with that I see Cornell just received a commit for 2015 from Donovan Ott (F) out of Selects Academy (6'1 200). Again, just an observation.
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Ralph-Don't try to read between the lines-I never complained about anything. I merely pointed out a statistic that was fairly obvious. Our list of recruits consisted of much smaller players than that of Cornell and Princeton. Nothing more and nothing less. i just wondered why when we seem to be scouting the same kids at the same places?
      I will retract that statement.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
        Agreed Doc. These are merely observations....nothing more. In keeping with that I see Cornell just received a commit for 2015 from Donovan Ott (F) out of Selects Academy (6'1 200). Again, just an observation.
        Probably another pylon.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          Probably another pylon.
          Cornell are now the Protoss? All the reason to bring back the (Zerg) Swarm!

Comment

I will retract that statement.
            No need to-just take a couple of valium and mellow out. There is plenty of time to get ourselves all upset in 32+ days or so.
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              Cornell are now the Protoss? All the reason to bring back the (Zerg) Swarm!
              I miss the BEE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Princeton is making a concerted effort to be a bigger more physical team over the next few years. Whther the other Ivies and ECAC teams do the same or not I just don't know. Obviously Cornell has lived and died with size for years. Ralph is absolutely correct, however-size can only help if the talent level is there.

Comment

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Princeton is making a concerted effort to be a bigger more physical team over the next few years. Whther the other Ivies and ECAC teams do the same or not I just don't know. Obviously Cornell has lived and died with size for years. Ralph is absolutely correct, however-size can only help if the talent level is there.
                  BC has been living off of a lot of very short players for years.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I miss the BEE!!!
                    I also miss Puckman having a more prominent role. That is, it should be used as the logo and on the uniforms.
                    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 09-04-2012, 03:06 PM.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

BC has been living off of a lot of very short players for years.
                      They usually have a nice mix-lots of smallish quick forwards and a couple of big bangers. And they can roll out 3-4-5 lines of them anytime they want. I wish we could do that and reload every couple years like they can. Just not possible for lots of recruiting reasons at this time. I actually think we have a bit of that mix for this year-with some real talent and size on defense. Not yet ready to predict win totals but i suspect we will do a lot better than many suspect.

Comment

They usually have a nice mix-lots of smallish quick forwards and a couple of big bangers. And they can roll out 3-4-5 lines of them anytime they want. I wish we could do that and reload every couple years like they can. Just not possible for lots of recruiting reasons at this time. I actually think we have a bit of that mix for this year-with some real talent and size on defense. Not yet ready to predict win totals but i suspect we will do a lot better than many suspect.
                        I think this year the offensive talent in our freshman class forwards is mainly in the bigger guys.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I think this year the offensive talent in our freshman class forwards is mainly in the bigger guys.
                          Agreed-but i think we have more depth all over the place than we have had in some time. Not the superstar 2nd and 3rd round draft choices-but just pretty solid from top to bottom. I think we will just be trying to succeed by committee-and some times that works out really well.

Comment

Agreed-but i think we have more depth all over the place than we have had in some time. Not the superstar 2nd and 3rd round draft choices-but just pretty solid from top to bottom. I think we will just be trying to succeed by committee-and some times that works out really well.
                            Hopefully this will be one of those times.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I think key ingredients for recruiting "smaller" guys is brains, grit and attitude. Take Bailen for instance - he might be small in stature, but he never misses an opportunity to blow a guy up. He plays like a guy who is 4" taller and 50 lbs. heavier. The opposite is also true. You can recruit a big kid who plays "soft" i.e. who doesn't use the physical attributes that the good lord gave him. I'll take a Bailen type kid any day, over a big kid who doesn't command respect on the ice.
                              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                                I think key ingredients for recruiting "smaller" guys is brains, grit and attitude. Take Bailen for instance - he might be small in stature, but he never misses an opportunity to blow a guy up. He plays like a guy who is 4" taller and 50 lbs. heavier. The opposite is also true. You can recruit a big kid who plays "soft" i.e. who doesn't use the physical attributes that the good lord gave him. I'll take a Bailen type kid any day, over a big kid who doesn't command respect on the ice.
                                I agree about Bailen, but you can't have a defense with only Bailens. A matter of fact, I wouldn't play two dmen like him in the same pairing even on the powerplay (except perhaps when needing a goal or two to tie at the end of the game).
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X