Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13

    Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    Ralph-That seems quite impressive to me if this was an NHL team!
    I assume that Langevin coaches the d-men. I wonder how he is as a coach.
    sigpic

    Let's Go 'Tute!

    Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

    2012 Poser Of The Year

    Comment


    • Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13

      Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      I assume that Langevin coaches the d-men. I wonder how he is as a coach.
      I really do not know how being an NHL player correlates with how well someone is at coaching. I suppose in a way it is sort of like teaching any subject. I know lots of very samrt people who are really experts in their fields of medicine-but cannot teach worth a darn as their verbal skills at communicating to students are around zero. I suspect it might be the same with coaching hockey (although it is a total guess on my part). My suspicion is that coaching is a skill that some have and some just do not.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

      Comment


      • Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13

        Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
        I really do not know how being an NHL player correlates with how well someone is at coaching. I suppose in a way it is sort of like teaching any subject. I know lots of very samrt people who are really experts in their fields of medicine-but cannot teach worth a darn as their verbal skills at communicating to students are around zero. I suspect it might be the same with coaching hockey (although it is a total guess on my part). My suspicion is that coaching is a skill that some have and some just do not.
        That's exactly my opinion, but it is an impressive staff for a High School in any case.
        sigpic

        Let's Go 'Tute!

        Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

        2012 Poser Of The Year

        Comment


        • Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13

          Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          I noticed that the head coach of Edina HS (Reno's school) Curt Giles as well as asssistant coaches Dave Langevin and Don Beaupre are former NHL players. http://www.mnhockeyhub.com/roster/sh...ubseason=79765 (The third assistant also played in college.) That seems quite impressive for a High School.
          If it were a high school outside of Minnesota I might agree.
          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

          Comment


          • Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13

            Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
            If it were a high school outside of Minnesota I might agree.
            I suspect that there are indeed other HS's in Minnesota with several former NHL players coaching. I just did a very unscientific selection of HS's using the website where I get Edina's boxscores and only found one other former NHL player on the staff of about a dozen HS's.
            sigpic

            Let's Go 'Tute!

            Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

            2012 Poser Of The Year

            Comment


            • Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13

              Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              I suspect that there are indeed other HS's in Minnesota with several former NHL players coaching. I just did a very unscientific selection of HS's using the website where I get Edina's boxscores and only found one other former NHL player on the staff of about a dozen HS's.
              Isn't Edina Division 2, though? I would think if the divisions were based upon skill and not geography, similar to NYSPHSAA's sections (which are geographic), coaches with NHL experience in Division 1 would be the norm.

              Comment


              • Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13

                Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                Isn't Edina Division 2, though? I would think if the divisions were based upon skill and not geography, similar to NYSPHSAA's sections (which are geographic), coaches with NHL experience in Division 1 would be the norm.
                Edina is Class AA (the higher division), so they are in the correct place. I did read a lot of posts in several forums when following Zach Schroeder which complained about St. Thomas Academy being Class A (small school). The largest schools by enrollment are in Class AA. The Classes are divided geographically into Sections (1AA, 2AA, etc. and 1A, 2A, etc.). Leagues have nothing to much to do with any of this.
                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 12-05-2012, 05:05 PM.
                sigpic

                Let's Go 'Tute!

                Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                2012 Poser Of The Year

                Comment


                • Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13

                  Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  Edina is Class AA (the higher division), so they are in the correct place. I did read a lot of posts in several forums when following Zach Schroeder which complained about St. Thomas Academy being Class A (small school). The largest schools by enrollment are in Class AA. The Classes are divided geographically into Sections (1AA, 2AA, etc. and 1A, 2A, etc.). Leagues have nothing to much to do with any of this.
                  OK. It makes sense, then.

                  Comment


                  • Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13

                    With Lincoln playing Sioux City this evening, three recrutis are at the same rink (DeVito, Wood, and Bourbonnais). Also Omaha (Melanson) is playing the U17 team and Alberni Valley (Tironese) is playing Salmon Arm.

                    So far, DeVito has a major for fighting (39 seconds into the game). Thankfully it wasn't against Bourbonnais.

                    I will post the boxscores later as usual.
                    sigpic

                    Let's Go 'Tute!

                    Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                    2012 Poser Of The Year

                    Comment


                    • Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13

                      On Friday, the Sioux City Musketeers lost to the Lincoln Stars 4-2. Riley Bourbonnais had an assist. Jimmy DeVito had a fighting major penalty. Jake Wood had a slashing penalty. http://ushl2011.stats.pointstreak.co...gameid=1978016

                      Bourbonnais' Sioux City line is now 2-1-1-2-0.
                      Total 19-8-10-18-8.
                      DeVito's line is now 19-1-2-3-47.
                      Wood's line is now 20-6-6-12-30.
                      sigpic

                      Let's Go 'Tute!

                      Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                      2012 Poser Of The Year

                      Comment


                      • Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13

                        On Friday, the Omaha Lancers defeated the USNTDP U17 team 4-3. Drew Melanson had a tripping penalty. http://ushl2011.stats.pointstreak.co...gameid=1978018

                        Melanson's line is now 21-4-5-9-2.
                        sigpic

                        Let's Go 'Tute!

                        Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                        2012 Poser Of The Year

                        Comment


                        • Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13

                          On Friday, the Alberni Valley Bulldogs lost to the Salmon Arm SilverBacks 3-2. Evan Tironese had no points or penalties. http://www.bchl.ca/leagues/hockey_bo...2980&link=bchl

                          Tironese's line is now 26-10-16-26-26.
                          sigpic

                          Let's Go 'Tute!

                          Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                          2012 Poser Of The Year

                          Comment


                          • Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13

                            Code:
                             # Name                Ps commitm. Team (League)                   Year  DOB      Ht    Wt  Hometown             Gm- G- A-  P- PM Next Gm
                            23 Riley Bourbonnais * LC 09/18/11 Cedar Rapids RoughRiders (USHL) 2013  08/08/93 5'10" 190 Rochester NY         17- 7- 9- 16-  8 traded
                            23                                 Sioux City Musketeers (USHL)                                                   1- 1- 1-  2-  0 12/08/12
                                                                                                                        total                19- 8-10- 18-  8 
                            20 Jimmy DeVito        RW 01/10/12 Lincoln Stars (USHL)            2013  04/02/94 5'10" 165 Bloomingdale IL      19- 1- 2-  3- 47 12/08/12
                            22 Charles Manley      LD 12/19/11 Selects Hockey Academy (USEHL)  2014  07/15/96 5'07" 150 Orchard Park NY       0- 0- 0-  0-  0 12/08/12 no stats
                            26                                 Waterloo Black Hawks (USHL)                                                    4- 0- 1-  1-  2
                            27 Drew Melanson #     LW 01/28/11 Omaha Lancers (USHL)            2013  01/10/95 5'10" 160 Paramus NJ           21- 4- 5-  9-  2 12/08/12
                             5 Parker Reno #       RD 11/12/12 Edina H.S.(Lake Conf)           2013  01/20/95 6'01" 195 Edina, MN             6- 0- 9-  9-  4 12/20/12
                            15 Evan Tironese       LW 05/01/12 Alberni Valley Bulldogs (BCHL)  2014  08/02/95 5'09" 163 Qualicum Beach BC    26-10-16- 26- 26 12/08/12
                            26 Jake Wood #         LW 01/10/11 Lincoln Stars (USHL)            2013  08/06/93 5'07" 160 Georgetown ON        20- 6- 6- 12- 30 12/08/12
                            Women
                            11 Hannah Behounek #    D 06/01/12 Minnetonka H.S. (Lake Conf)     2013  xx/xx/9x x'xx" xxx Minnetonka, MN        4- 1- 0-  1-  4 12/08/12
                            15 Laura Horwood        F 11/29/12 Durham West Lightning (PWHL)    2013  05/20/95 5'06" 135 Belleville, ON       17- 8- 9- 17- 14 12/15/12
                                                                                                                        nonleague games      16-12-12- 24-  x 12/08/12 missing game
                                                                                                                        total                33-20-21- 41-  x
                            15                                 Ontario Team Blue                                                              5- 0- 1-  1-  0 
                            13 Katie Rooney         F 08/05/12 Buffalo H.S. (Mississippi 8)    2013  xx/xx/9x x'xx" xxx Buffalo, MN           6-10-12- 22-  2 12/11/12
                            
                            * In the RPI directory
                            # Known to have signed Letter of Intent
                            sigpic

                            Let's Go 'Tute!

                            Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                            2012 Poser Of The Year

                            Comment


                            • Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13

                              On Saturday, the Sioux City Musketeers defeated the Fargo Force 4-1. Riley Bourbonnais scored two goals (1 PPG, 8 SOG). He was named the #1 star. http://ushl2011.stats.pointstreak.co...gameid=1978023

                              Bourbonnais' Sioux City line is now 3-3-1-4-0.
                              Total 20-10-10-20-8.
                              sigpic

                              Let's Go 'Tute!

                              Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                              2012 Poser Of The Year

                              Comment


                              • Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13

                                On Saturday, the Lincoln Stars lost to the Omaha Lancers 4-3. Jimmy DeVito had a slashing penalty. Jake Wood had an assist. Drew Melanson did not dress. http://ushl2011.stats.pointstreak.co...gameid=1978026

                                DeVito's line is now 20-1-2-3-49.
                                Wood's line is now 21-6-7-13-30.
                                Melanson's line is now 21-4-5-9-2.
                                sigpic

                                Let's Go 'Tute!

                                Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                                2012 Poser Of The Year

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X