X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    Been through Reno several times while skiing in Tahoe...couldn't be less interested in gambling, but the town definitely has a vibe --different from Vegas.
    I am not much of a gambler at all-and Jenny abhors it. But I do like to get dressed well and sit at the Baccarat table or the Roulette wheel and pretend to be James Bond in Dr No. The ambience is worth it-even when we lose a bit.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
      Today is the start of Letter of Intent.....Jake Wood https://twitter.com/jakewood23/statu...66637094748161
      Melanson has signed also. I don't think that it means he is arriving in 2013, but it certainly makes it possible. Anyway, great to hear that he signed.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        Melanson has signed also. I don't think that it means he is arriving in 2013, but it certainly makes it possible. Anyway, great to hear that he signed.
        He better come-Jen and i do not want to feel we wasted 2 years following Delbarton hockey!

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          He better come-Jen and i do not want to feel we wasted 2 years following Delbarton hockey!
          I doubt that he would sign a LOI if he did not intend to come, although changing one's mind is not unheard of. The queston to me is does this indicate that he is coming in 2013 instead of 2014.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I am not much of a gambler at all-and Jenny abhors it. But I do like to get dressed well and sit at the Baccarat table or the Roulette wheel and pretend to be James Bond in Dr No. The ambience is worth it-even when we lose a bit.
            and does the beautiful Miss Jenny pretend to be, "Honeychile Rider"
            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

and does the beautiful Miss Jenny pretend to be, "Honeychile Rider"
              Well, Turk she certainly dresses differently than Ms Rider when we are out for a night on the town. BTW I have to mention that even though this is a hockey thread-that first scene of Ursula Andress coming out of the surf, in that bikini, is something I cannot ever forget. John Derek was indeed a very fortunate man (I still think he had the best hat trick ever recorded).

Comment

The way the National Letter of Intent (NLI) works is that you must attend your freshman year for the season where you sign the NLI. Therefore, I think it's safe to say he's showing up for the 2013-14 season.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  The way the National Letter of Intent (NLI) works is that you must attend your freshman year for the season where you sign the NLI. Therefore, I think it's safe to say he's showing up for the 2013-14 season.
                  unless he decides to go the CHL.
                  Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Bite your tongue. If it makes you feel any better-at least we have had no indication that he is not planning on being in Troy. I strongly suspect it will be 2013 and might be willing to take bets on it (after all, betting is legal around Reno)

Comment

Bite your tongue. If it makes you feel any better-at least we have had no indication that he is not planning on being in Troy. I strongly suspect it will be 2013 and might be willing to take bets on it (after all, betting is legal around Reno)
                      And the puns start...

Oh hell, start a pole on it.

Comment

Thanks. I assume then, that one can't sign a letter of intent for any year except the one immediaitely following. That was not clear to me.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

That is always possible.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I don't usually post about the women recruits here except for including them in the summary, but Katie Rooney had a pretty good game in Buffalo HS's first game of the year with 5 goals and 3 assists in a 9-2 victory. http://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/game/game_sheet/3801807

Edit: It also looks like Buffalo hired the refs. I don't recall ever seeing 8 penalties for one team and 0 for the other before, although it might just have been that Buffalo was vastly superior. (SOGs were 28-2 in their favor in the second period.)
                            Last edited by Ralph Baer; 11-16-2012, 06:35 AM.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Thanks. I assume then, that one can't sign a letter of intent for any year except the one immediaitely following. That was not clear to me.
                              The website says that a NLI for the 2013 (or 2013-14) season has early signing at this time.

Comment

The website says that a NLI for the 2013 (or 2013-14) season has early signing at this time.
                                "The website"?
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X