Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2012-13 Preseason Thread: Draft picks, video feeds, and Mel, oh my

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2012-13 Preseason Thread: Draft picks, video feeds, and Mel, oh my

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    Your rep to me is further proof that your brain doesn't work like it is supposed to.
    God you are easy to troll. Cripes.
    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2012-13 Preseason Thread: Draft picks, video feeds, and Mel, oh my

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
      God you are easy to troll. Cripes.
      I stand by my statement.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        I stand by my statement.
        Eh, maybe, but then, you're the one still trying to argue the fact that you don't care about D2 Football. If you truely didn't care one way or the other, you wouldn't be arguing it with me.
        bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
          Eh, maybe, but then, you're the one still trying to argue the fact that you don't care about D2 Football. If you truely didn't care one way or the other, you wouldn't be arguing it with me.
          This argument is not about football.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

another D-man commitment. Dane Birks from Merritt (BCHL).
            "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

Originally posted by eye4talent View Post
              Looks like Mel has found a good one. 17 year-old rookie already has two goals and leads the Centennials with eight points in five games. That will probably taper off as opponents adapt and plan for him, but it's a promising start. He'll play two seasons of junior hockey and join Tech in 2014.

Comment

It is just me, or does it feel like next season Tech is going to have to trim the roster more than an NFL franchise? It's a good thing, but it seems like every week someone new signs with Tech. Also nice to see a mention of "MTU home games" and "might be hard to get tickets" in the same reference. I dream of the day when I walk up to the ticket counter before the game and get told "Sorry, it is standing room only tonight..."

Ryan J
                Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                Originally posted by geezer
                Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                Originally posted by manurespreader
                ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                  It is just me, or does it feel like next season Tech is going to have to trim the roster more than an NFL franchise? It's a good thing, but it seems like every week someone new signs with Tech.
                  no, we're just not used to getting recruits for 2 or 3 years out. Many of these guys won't be on campus yet next year.
                  Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                  USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                    no, we're just not used to getting recruits for 2 or 3 years out. Many of these guys won't be on campus yet next year.
                    It's like Mel has a plan....
                    MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                      It is just me, or does it feel like next season Tech is going to have to trim the roster more than an NFL franchise?
                      Padding the roster is a proactive hedge against decommits and no-shows. There've been a lot of those on nWCHA teams this year.

Great to hear that Davis had a good off-season and will get a chance to prove himself.

Comment

Originally posted by UpNorthHockey View Post
                        Padding the roster is a proactive hedge against decommits and no-shows. There've been a lot of those on nWCHA teams this year.
                        In addition to the MJ threat, I think the days of the "gentleman's rule" about not contacting verbal commits are slowly coming to an end.

Comment

Originally posted by eye4talent View Post
                          Will he be smart enough to get into Tech unlike a previous Merritt recruit?
                          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                            Will he be smart enough to get into Tech unlike a previous Merritt recruit?
                            We can only hope.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              In addition to the MJ threat, I think the days of the "gentleman's rule" about not contacting verbal commits are slowly coming to an end.
                              It should be interesting to see how the gentleman's rule works.
                              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Definitely getting excited for Saturday!! Also, we got 5 votes in the preseason poll! Woohoo, way to go Tech
                                2005-2006: 7-25-6
                                2006-2007: 18-17-5
                                2007-2008: 14-20-5
                                2008-2009: 6-25-7
                                2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Working...
                                X