Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2012-13 Preseason Thread: Draft picks, video feeds, and Mel, oh my

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2012-13 Preseason Thread: Draft picks, video feeds, and Mel, oh my

In the crease number 2 is up. Much better quality and video production. I'm liking this!
    MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2012-13 Preseason Thread: Draft picks, video feeds, and Mel, oh my

*****https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/334623_448165541895673_176762251_o.jpg******

From Facebook.
      Originally posted by SCSU Euro
      What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
        In the crease number 2 is up. Much better quality and video production. I'm liking this!
        HUGE improvement. Good work, Nick Laurila.

Comment

The Misfits will not travel en masse to Duluth this year, opting for SCSU instead. The reasoning for this is that the Duluth series takes place the weekend before spring semester begins, and it would be harder to entice students to return early than leave late (SCSU is the first weekend of spring break.)

Comment

Originally posted by Splodey View Post
            The Misfits will not travel en masse to Duluth this year, opting for SCSU instead. The reasoning for this is that the Duluth series takes place the weekend before spring semester begins, and it would be harder to entice students to return early than leave late (SCSU is the first weekend of spring break.)
            Everyone should experience the National Concrete Center and a large order of Val's french fries as least once.

Would be nice to bust that "winless in St. Cloud" streak with a bunch of people there. I think it's going on 14 years now, and this will likely be our last ever crack at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Splodey View Post
              Thanks for the info. That does influence a trip (or two) for me.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Got my Minnesota tickets. I'll be at the KBC before the game friday for a brew or two around 5, so if anyone is there look for the bald guy and the good looking blonde. No Brent, forget it, she likes CLASS guys. I might also be with a professor buddy of mine, but he's harmless though he used to be the state wrist wrestling champion. It would be nice to meet some of the more famous posters.

I would agree that the video quality is much better and so is the subject matter.
                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

I'm liking the new style of team picture.

John - come up and say hi during the Minnesota series. Thinking is its going to be a sellout! The Mac hasn't seen that in awhile.
                  Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                  "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                  Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                  Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    Everyone should experience the National Concrete Center and a large order of Val's french fries as least once.

Would be nice to bust that "winless in St. Cloud" streak with a bunch of people there. I think it's going on 14 years now, and this will likely be our last ever crack at it.
                    I'll not miss going there. Bah. I feel dirty just thinking about it...
                    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

Yuck, Vals is not good.
                      Also, I they need to remember to get some hairy buffalos at MC Dugouts, and also to not get stabbed at the Carpet.

edit: Why are there only like 14 guys in the team photo?
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                        Got my Minnesota tickets. I'll be at the KBC before the game friday for a brew or two around 5, so if anyone is there look for the bald guy and the good looking blonde. No Brent, forget it, she likes CLASS guys. I might also be with a professor buddy of mine, but he's harmless though he used to be the state wrist wrestling champion. It would be nice to meet some of the more famous posters.

I would agree that the video quality is much better and so is the subject matter.
                        I am pretty sure that the majority of the group will be tailgating up at the arena at that time. Homemade beer, beer darts, grilling, etc. stop by if you have a chance.
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                          edit: Why are there only like 14 guys in the team photo?
                          Because we have Mel now... That's all we need to beat most teams.
                          We're like Hoosiers on ice.
                          "Well coach, have fun trying to win with 5, make that 4.5..."

I didn't check all the numbers, but I'm guessing it's the upperclassmen in the photo. That's a cool photo regardless of who is in it.

Ryan J
                          Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                          Originally posted by geezer
                          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                          Originally posted by manurespreader
                          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                            Also, I they need to remember to get some hairy buffalos at MC Dugouts
                            There's my "yuck" from that trip. Had to wash the taste out with Premos and bourbon.

EDIT: Yeah, I think that's the junior and senior classes in the photo.

Comment

Those new sweaters look great! Tremendous improvement!
                              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                                Those new sweaters look great! Tremendous improvement!
                                I like them, I wouldn't necessarily say they're an improvement though as I really liked the last set of jerseys a lot.
                                2005-2006: 7-25-6
                                2006-2007: 18-17-5
                                2007-2008: 14-20-5
                                2008-2009: 6-25-7
                                2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Working...
                                X