Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2012-13 Preseason Thread: Draft picks, video feeds, and Mel, oh my

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2012-13 Preseason Thread: Draft picks, video feeds, and Mel, oh my

Smooth skating, hard hitting, stay-at-home and make a good first pass. For our D, Mel seems to be headed in that direction with Schuldt, Leibinger, and now Ericsson. Naturally, he'll probably say that they can put up more points than they did in juniors and he expects more production.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2012-13 Preseason Thread: Draft picks, video feeds, and Mel, oh my

Not really my thing, but former Huskies cult hero Greg Amadio has his own "bobble". I don't call it a bobble head because the head doesn't move on this model, just the fists. Love the mug shot on the box too.
      Ryan J

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180980941578
      *****http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Grand-Rapids-Griffins-Greg-Amadio-limited-edition-bobble-fists-NEW-IN-BOX-/00/s/MzIzWDMzNA==/$T2eC16VHJHoE9n3Ke5MmBQ(5v7nr8w~~60_12.JPG******
      Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
      Originally posted by geezer
      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
      Originally posted by manurespreader
      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

From Facebook:

Michigan Tech Hockey Garage Sale is Saturday Sept 29. 10-noon in the Blue Line Room at the Ice Arena

Hockey Equipment, Skates, Sticks, Pads, Jerseys, Apparel and Memorabilia

For more information contact: Nick Laurila, nmlauril@mtu.edu 906-487-4506

Comment

It looks like Olson will be in the ECHL this year for the Stingrays.

Forwards Olson and Petovello join Stingrays
          September 24, 2012
          North Charleston, S.C. – The South Carolina Stingrays, celebrating 20 seasons of hockey in the Lowcountry and proud ECHL affiliate of the Boston Bruins, announced today that the team has signed forward Brett Olson and agreed to terms with forward Kevin Petovello.

Olson, 24, begins his professional career after dressing for Michigan Tech the past four seasons. With the Huskies, the Superior, Wis. native scored 42 goals and added 51 assists for 93 points in 127 games, served as team captain his junior and senior seasons and was named to the WCHA All-Academic Team in 2011 and 2012. Last summer, the 6-foot, 185-pound forward attended the Bruins’ development camp. Before college, Olson skated four years of junior hockey in the USHL with the Sioux City Musketeers and Waterloo Black Hawks and helped the Black Hawks capture the Anderson Cup in 2006-07.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
            Michigan Tech has picked up a commitment from Des Moines (USHL) Defenseman, Marcus Ericsson. As you might expect from the name, he was born in Sweden and until the 2012-13 season, he has played Jr Hockey in Sweden, in fact, in Lulea, where bigblue_dl was for work earlier this year of all places. He's 6'1" but didn't put up many points with his teams so probably more of a stay at home d-man. Likely to join the huskies for 2013-14.
            Good to see them land a couple of D-men this week after not getting the younger Schuldt and Storm, both of whom committed to St. Cloud.
            "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

So Michael Neville has left the Cedar Rapids RoughRiders and apparently he's back with St. Michael's Buzzers...

Comment

"Left" or was cut? Looking over all the guys on the Roughriders who dressed for the USHL preseason, and without knowing anything else, it must've been an ice time issue. He didn't light anyone up, but his stats don't seem to indicate that he was totally out of place either (6 GP, 0-1-1, even) - it's a big leap from the OJHL to the USHL. Maybe he (or the Tech staff) felt that he'd be better prepared by playing Top 6 minutes with his old club, vs. being told that he'd likely play fourth line minutes and/or only dress every other game in Cedar Rapids.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  "Left" or was cut?
                  That's what I was wondering. Quite a ride for him, it had sounded like he was pretty impressive in the Lincoln Stars tryout camps, and then he gets traded and now he's headed back to St. Michaels.

And the WCHA media poll is out, Tech was listed at 9th.
                  Last edited by mtu_huskies; 09-26-2012, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                    And the WCHA media poll is out, Tech was listed at 9th.
                    No respect.......even after last season. By all accounts, this year's team should be as good or better than last year's team. I suppose it's cuz we're in a tougher schedule group than last year.

Comment

Originally posted by UpNorthHockey View Post
                      No respect.......even after last season. By all accounts, this year's team should be as good or better than last year's team. I suppose it's cuz we're in a tougher schedule group than last year.
                      There's that, but more importantly, nobody respects or takes seriously a team that suddenly has one average season after years of bottomfeeding.

Comment

*****http://pbs.twimg.com/media/A3w7BItCUAAAiLb.jpg******
                        Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                        What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Wow, look at the "modern cut" of that jersey. Sorry couldn't resist.

But seriously, pretty nice. When did they add the murals in the lockerroom? Looks like Conner in the gold jersey over his shoulder.
                          Ryan J

Comment

• Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                            *****http://pbs.twimg.com/media/A3w7BItCUAAAiLb.jpg******
                            I like them. Can't wait to see them on the ice!
                            Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                            "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                            Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                            Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                              From Facebook:
                              Michigan Tech Hockey Garage Sale is Saturday Sept 29.
                              So in other words, the paycheck I collect on Friday will be gone by noon on Saturday... Ehh, it's going to a great cause, who cares.

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                              I like them. Can't wait to see them on the ice!
                              They are going to look even better when worn as hosts of the WCHA first round playoffs. This is the year, I don't care what the preseason poll says. What do the "experts" know anyway? Everyone who posts here says we can do it and that is all that matters (well that and the scoreboard).

Ryan J

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                                Michigan Tech has picked up a commitment from Des Moines (USHL) Defenseman, Marcus Ericsson. As you might expect from the name, he was born in Sweden and until the 2012-13 season, he has played Jr Hockey in Sweden, in fact, in Lulea, where bigblue_dl was for work earlier this year of all places. He's 6'1" but didn't put up many points with his teams so probably more of a stay at home d-man. Likely to join the huskies for 2013-14.
                                I'll be watching Des Moines play Team USA tomorrow night in Ann Arbor. I'll report back with what i see.
                                "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

Working...
                                X