Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2012-13 Preseason Thread: Draft picks, video feeds, and Mel, oh my

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2012-13 Preseason Thread: Draft picks, video feeds, and Mel, oh my

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

USCHO: Longtime WCHA referee Don Adam has been selected as the NCHC's director of officiating.
    hilarious! The incompetence of THE NATIONAL is almost unbelievable, like someone on the "inside" has been trying to sabotage it from the beginning. I can't help feeling happy inside when this stuff happens, even though it's probably bad for college hockey as a whole to be associated with so much fail in one of the conferences.
    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2012-13 Preseason Thread: Draft picks, video feeds, and Mel, oh my

Originally posted by geezer View Post
      hilarious! The incompetence of THE NATIONAL is almost unbelievable, like someone on the "inside" has been trying to sabotage it from the beginning. I can't help feeling happy inside when this stuff happens, even though it's probably bad for college hockey as a whole to be associated with so much fail in one of the conferences.
      Dammit, stop perpetrating a stereotype!

Comment

I agree. Every failure brings a smile to my face. It is pretty obvious that this is going to end up being a Hockey East vs. B16 Mistake race every year.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          Real original. That got old about 12 months ago.

EDIT: Hiring Don Adam would've been just as funny if any other league had done it.
          So how many months before that did Tech fans whining about the NCHC get old?
          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
            So how many months before that did Tech fans whining about the NCHC get old?
            Many

Comment

Real original. That got old about 12 months ago.

EDIT: Hiring Don Adam would've been just as funny if any other league had done it.
              Ah man and I thought it was cool and poppin' fresh.

What else can he say? He knows its a bad hire so that is his only comeback. In other news, its also another local hire. I'm pretty sure everyone hired has been a colorado resident at the time of hire.
              Actually I'm not sure what to make of it. Feel they could do better but then who would it be? No idea. Colorado is the state of hockey though. That's what that one thread taught me anyhow.
              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

making fun of the NotChoLeague never gets old. It's like Freddy Meyer in the lodge polls.

new unis are in.
                Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Joel L'Esperance had the game-tying goal in Tri City's 3-2 win over Indiana today.

Joe Schuldt added another 10 PIMs in Sioux Falls' 5-2 loss to Sioux City, bringing him to 19 in two games.

Tyler Heinonen picked up his first goal of the showcase, in Muskegon's 4-2 loss to Waterloo. Chris Leibinger managed to be +1 in that loss.

lesperance on watch list

http://insidecollegehockey.com/inch/...9/css_prelims/

Comment

Ben Storm committed to SCSU.
                    Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                    What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

seems screwy that Ben Storm is reported to be going to St. Cloud from Calumet to play hockey, and would have loved to stay home, while his cousin Tyler is coming from St. Cloud (/Delano) to Houghton to play hockey, while his family wanted him to play at St. Cloud. I guess that's how it goes...
                      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

seems screwy that Ben Storm is reported to be going to St. Cloud from Calumet to play hockey, and would have loved to stay home...
                        Grades? Skating? Fit for Mel's system?

...while his cousin Tyler is coming from St. Cloud (/Delano) to Houghton to play hockey, while his family wanted him to play at St. Cloud. I guess that's how it goes...
                        Shame it'll be unlikely they will face each other outside the NCAAs, since Mel has bigger NC fish to fry.

Comment

seems screwy that Ben Storm is reported to be going to St. Cloud from Calumet to play hockey, and would have loved to stay home, while his cousin Tyler is coming from St. Cloud (/Delano) to Houghton to play hockey, while his family wanted him to play at St. Cloud. I guess that's how it goes...
                          Ben's a great player, but I think SCSU showed a lot more interest in him than Tech did. Tech's coaches are very familiar with the elite local players and I think they didn't rate Ben as highly as SCSU did. So to speak, I think Ben went where he was most wanted, not where he most wanted. Time will tell if that was a good decision for all parties. To be frank, I do think it was a good decision for Ben because Tech has a history of bringing in local players only to have them ride the pine. As an out of state player, he's a bigger investment for SCSU and I expect he'll get more ice time. However, it does gaul me to see someone from my alma mater going to the team I most hate.
                          Last edited by UpNorthHockey; 09-21-2012, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by UpNorthHockey View Post
                            Ben's a great player, but I think SCSU showed a lot more interest in him than Tech did. Tech's coaches are very familiar with the elite local players and I think they didn't rate Ben as highly as SCSU did. So to speak, I think Ben went where he was most wanted, not where he most wanted. Time will tell if that was a good decision for all parties. To be frank, I do think it was a good decision for Ben because Tech has a history of bringing in local players only to have them ride the pine. As an out of state player, he's a bigger investment for SCSU and I expect he'll get more ice time. However, it does gaul me to see someone from my alma mater going to the team I most hate.
                            SCSU was first to offer and he really enjoyed his visit there. I'm not sure what Tech offered but Northern was in the mix too. I would've loved to see him stay local, but I wish him well. He has the physical tools, just needs to learn the nuances of playing the defense position, which he'll do the next couple years of juniors.
                            "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

Michigan Tech has picked up a commitment from Des Moines (USHL) Defenseman, Marcus Ericsson. As you might expect from the name, he was born in Sweden and until the 2012-13 season, he has played Jr Hockey in Sweden, in fact, in Lulea, where bigblue_dl was for work earlier this year of all places. He's 6'1" but didn't put up many points with his teams so probably more of a stay at home d-man. Likely to join the huskies for 2013-14.
                              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Michigan Tech has picked up a commitment from Des Moines (USHL) Defenseman, Marcus Ericsson. As you might expect from the name, he was born in Sweden and until the 2012-13 season, he has played Jr Hockey in Sweden, in fact, in Lulea, where bigblue_dl was for work earlier this year of all places. He's 6'1" but didn't put up many points with his teams so probably more of a stay at home d-man. Likely to join the huskies for 2013-14.
                                Very good news that!
                                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Working...
                                X