Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2012-13 Preseason Thread: Draft picks, video feeds, and Mel, oh my

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Michigan Tech 2012-13 Preseason Thread: Draft picks, video feeds, and Mel, oh my

    I've always thought of the NAHL as being advanced HS hockey in the Midwest. I've never watched MN HS hockey, so I can't really draw a comparison, but if we consider it the best high school league in the country (which is certainly is), I'm sure there are a few loaded MN HS teams that could beat most of the NAHL clubs.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Thankfully it wasn't really one of ours. JFC that's awful.
      this
      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
      Boosh Factor 4

      Originally posted by Brent Hoven
      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

      Comment


      • Re: Michigan Tech 2012-13 Preseason Thread: Draft picks, video feeds, and Mel, oh my

        Look at the most "loaded" MN HS team from last year: Benilde. Jake O'Borsky played on their first line. This year, he's been a healthy scratch, and played sparingly in one game for Wenatchee. Jake Horton was their best defenseman and played every other shift. This year, he's not even the best defenseman on a bad NAHL team. Benilde's third line had a senior that's not even playing hockey anymore, and a kid that was born in 1997. Any NAHL team would mop the floor with them.

        Look up how the Minnesota kids in that league are doing now, compared to what they did in high school. The only ones having real success were top line/all-state types two years ago. There's just way too much difference in age and depth for a game like that to be close in any way. Statements like that are as ignorant as Canadians saying Khaira is wasting his time because he's not playing on a team with NHL draft picks.
        Originally posted by dicaslover
        Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

        Originally posted by Kristin
        Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

        Western College Hockey Blog

        Comment


        • Re: Michigan Tech 2012-13 Preseason Thread: Draft picks, video feeds, and Mel, oh my

          Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
          Statements like that are as ignorant as Canadians saying Khaira is wasting his time
          well, not that ignorant, but we get your point.
          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
          USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

          Comment


          • Re: Michigan Tech 2012-13 Preseason Thread: Draft picks, video feeds, and Mel, oh my

            Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
            Look at the most "loaded" MN HS team from last year: Benilde. Jake O'Borsky played on their first line. This year, he's been a healthy scratch, and played sparingly in one game for Wenatchee. Jake Horton was their best defenseman and played every other shift. This year, he's not even the best defenseman on a bad NAHL team. Benilde's third line had a senior that's not even playing hockey anymore, and a kid that was born in 1997. Any NAHL team would mop the floor with them.

            Look up how the Minnesota kids in that league are doing now, compared to what they did in high school. The only ones having real success were top line/all-state types two years ago. There's just way too much difference in age and depth for a game like that to be close in any way. Statements like that are as ignorant as Canadians saying Khaira is wasting his time because he's not playing on a team with NHL draft picks.
            I'm just going by what I saw, and I was not very impressed. Maybe if I watched to games back-to-back it would be obvious. The games I watched just looked plain sloppy, and that is probably just an indicator that it is early in the year, and not an indicator of the overall skill level of the league.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

            RIP - Kirby

            Comment


            • Re: Michigan Tech 2012-13 Preseason Thread: Draft picks, video feeds, and Mel, oh my

              Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
              I'm just going by what I saw, and I was not very impressed. Maybe if I watched to games back-to-back it would be obvious. The games I watched just looked plain sloppy, and that is probably just an indicator that it is early in the year, and not an indicator of the overall skill level of the league.
              Yeah, you have to remember that you are basically comparing the State Tournament games to this because thats the last hockey you watched, which is the end of season when Benilde and others were clicking. There was plenty of sloppy play in that Burnsville v Minnetonka game we went to last year at the beginning of the season.
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

              Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

              Comment


              • Re: Michigan Tech 2012-13 Preseason Thread: Draft picks, video feeds, and Mel, oh my

                Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                The annual InCH A-to-Z series profiled Dan Sova.
                Apparently we played that playoff series in Houghton last year.
                2005-2006: 7-25-6
                2006-2007: 18-17-5
                2007-2008: 14-20-5
                2008-2009: 6-25-7
                2009-2010: 5-30-1

                Comment


                • Re: Michigan Tech 2012-13 Preseason Thread: Draft picks, video feeds, and Mel, oh my

                  Originally posted by bose301s View Post
                  Apparently we played that playoff series in Houghton last year.
                  After making a serious run at their first home playoff games in more than 20 years last winter and getting to the WCHA Final Five
                  Doesn't say we got home ice, just that we came close.

                  Comment


                  • Re: Michigan Tech 2012-13 Preseason Thread: Draft picks, video feeds, and Mel, oh my

                    Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    Doesn't say we got home ice, just that we came close.
                    Ah, I read it as saying we made a run in the playoffs at home.
                    2005-2006: 7-25-6
                    2006-2007: 18-17-5
                    2007-2008: 14-20-5
                    2008-2009: 6-25-7
                    2009-2010: 5-30-1

                    Comment


                    • Re: Michigan Tech 2012-13 Preseason Thread: Draft picks, video feeds, and Mel, oh my

                      Apparently Kyle Bangen's is leaving/has left.
                      Loose and St Cloud go together. Like milk and cookies. Or bacon and porn. -Brenthoven
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      i heart ctf. sdhe is awsdome!!! best ooster ever
                      Originally posted by Brenthoven
                      Fooperese.
                      Saying that ctf is awesome.
                      Saying that ctf is the best poster.
                      bb_dl chasing after a raccoon: "I'm going to make this *ing skunk my b**ch!"

                      Comment


                      • Re: Michigan Tech 2012-13 Preseason Thread: Draft picks, video feeds, and Mel, oh my

                        Originally posted by crazytechfan View Post
                        Apparently Kyle Bangen's is leaving/has left.
                        Well if true, that all but seals the treadmill's fate...

                        Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        Thankfully it wasn't really one of ours. JFC that's awful.
                        I would not object to something like that being used from time to time, however I am a fan of something different. I wonder if these two are from the same team (both were offered by the same seller)? The top logo looks familiar...
                        Ryan J

                        *******http://i.ebayimg.com/t/VINTAGE-MTU-MICHIGAN-TECH-HUSKIES-STITCHED-HOCKEY-JERSEY-34-SIZE-XL-/00/s/OTY2WDEyODA=/$T2eC16J,!)UE9s3wBn0VBQEew5kH(Q~~60_57.JPG********
                        *******http://i.ebayimg.com/t/VINTAGE-MTU-MICHIGAN-TECH-HUSKIES-STITCHED-HOCKEY-MENS-JERSEY-5-SIZE-XL-/00/s/OTY2WDEyODA=/$T2eC16N,!ysE9sy0hYv-BQT-(Igbhw~~60_57.JPG********
                        Last edited by JohnsonsJerseys; 09-15-2012, 12:26 PM.
                        Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                        https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                        Originally posted by geezer
                        Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                        Originally posted by manurespreader
                        ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

                        Comment


                        • Re: Michigan Tech 2012-13 Preseason Thread: Draft picks, video feeds, and Mel, oh my

                          Here is a teaser for my lastest add to the collection.
                          (Sorry it isn't arriving until Monday).
                          Does anyone know who is the person in the photo?
                          I'm assuming this photo was taken at MTU, based on the stuff in the background.

                          Ryan J

                          Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                          Originally posted by geezer
                          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                          Originally posted by manurespreader
                          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

                          Comment


                          • Re: Michigan Tech 2012-13 Preseason Thread: Draft picks, video feeds, and Mel, oh my

                            Steve Shields and Bangen left because his wife got a job at Ohio State.
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

                            Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

                            Comment


                            • Re: Michigan Tech 2012-13 Preseason Thread: Draft picks, video feeds, and Mel, oh my

                              Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                              Steve Shields and Bangen left because his wife got a job at Ohio State.
                              Punctuation saves lives.
                              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

                              Comment


                              • Re: Michigan Tech 2012-13 Preseason Thread: Draft picks, video feeds, and Mel, oh my

                                Originally posted by geezer View Post
                                Punctuation saves lives.
                                ok ok.

                                Steve Shields is in the photo below.
                                Kyle Bangen left because his wife got a job at Ohio State.
                                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

                                Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X