Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2012-13 Preseason Thread: Draft picks, video feeds, and Mel, oh my

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2012-13 Preseason Thread: Draft picks, video feeds, and Mel, oh my

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
    As I tweeted last night, Michigan Tech picked up another forward with Brett Boeing of Stattuck-St. Mary's committing.
    When is he scheduled to arrive?

Anyone know if our injured players will be ok for the first game at Lake St?
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2012-13 Preseason Thread: Draft picks, video feeds, and Mel, oh my

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
      Anyone know if our injured players will be ok for the first game at Lake St?
      Sounded like Jake Johnstone will start skating again next week (much sooner than anticipated), but I doubt he'll be ready. Chad Pietila had a groin injury and was questionable. I don't think either will be available this weekend or next, but for the first time in four years and with apologies to both, I'm not at all worried.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        Sounded like Jake Johnstone will start skating again next week (much sooner than anticipated), but I doubt he'll be ready. Chad Pietila had a groin injury and was questionable. I don't think either will be available this weekend or next, but for the first time in four years and with apologies to both, I'm not at all worried.
        Let's hear it for depth!

Comment

With Jake and Chad out - Does Petan and Kero move up and Holmberg in on 3rd line.
          Or does Rix move up to center third line and A Pietila or Anderson take wing on the 4th line?

Comment

hockey night!!!

and snow!!!

life is good!!!
            Originally posted by mtu_huskies
            "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
            Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
            Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by oldish husky View Post
              Let's hear it for depth!
              *raucous applause and whoops*

In reality, this should be a chance for the younger guys to get more ice time and try to make an impression.

Comment

YEAH!!!!! It's time for hockey!!!!! Pregame dinner at Gemignani's and then off to suite 7 for some cold beer and hot hockey action!!!! GO HUSKIES!!!

Comment

Shameless plug here, but if you're tuning in to Twitter tonight, be advised Stephen (@steander) is out with a wedding tonight, so I'm making a cameo appearance (@redveale).
                  Originally posted by Jon
                  You call everything.

Comment

Originally posted by 3W View Post
                    Shameless plug here, but if you're tuning in to Twitter tonight, be advised Stephen (@steander) is out with a wedding tonight, so I'm making a cameo appearance (@redveale).
                    Going to join us on the the live chat?
                    Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                    What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Nice 6-2 Exhibition win

Video feed seems improved, did anyone think the ice was a bit bright, it could be the lights or could be a needed video adjustment

Suzanne was interviewed during the 1st intermission and she estimated the drop dead date for needing to know the NHL would be back so they could move forward with outdoor hockey at Comerica to be early November, I didn't think it'd be that early

Mel's postgame interview:
                      A lot of good things tonight, liked our freshmen, each golie made some plays, PP was good
                      Knew we'd be rusty, can't expect mid-season form
                      Need to improve faceoffs, one glaring area to Mel
                      Threw everyone out on 5min PP, wanted to play as many people in diff situation we could
                      Hietila didn't play at all last year, did some good things tonight
                      Holmberg and Brown got to play after not much ice time
                      Jimmy Davis: MI High School to freshmen big jump, he's made some improvement, he should be comfortable, he's made a step forward
                      Petan, heck of a shot on 1st goal, 2nd barely tipped it in, not sure on 3rd, he has a ton of skill
                      Kero-Gordic-B. Pietila - good line, they could've gotten a lot of point, Blake will get plenty of chances
                      Calumet even tomorrow will give more time for coaches to watch, Mel will watch from the stands
                      Tough decision for who goes to LSSU
                      Each goalie got 1 period as planned, wanted to get Phoenix experiencing starting, didn't see many pucks, Jamie let up a goalie, Kevin got the most work, prob wants the goal back
                      They'll all play tomorrow as well
                      Mel enourages everyone to come out to Calumet tomorrow for the scrimmage, autographs, free food etc
                      Shout out to Kearly and the football team, nice to be NMU
                      Last edited by mtu_huskies; 10-06-2012, 08:42 PM.

Comment

will the intra squad game be broadcast?
                        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

A solid start - Lots of pretty goals and a couple lucky ones. Could've had a couple more, especially that shot in the third that Gould rang off the post. Petan is definitely a great find, finally a Tech player who shoots. Brock's second goalie, who played well despite giving up four, is still looking for his jock after Kharia's deke-deke-deke backhander. I predict Blake Pietila will have a big year, and Kero will put up at least 25 points if he stays on that line with him and Gordic.

Faceoffs were definitely an issue. Our PP needs work too, despite the goal.

Brock was good to shake the rust off. LSSU will be a bigger challenge.

I need a drink.

Comment

Mel's postgame interview seemed to indicate that Jake Johnstone will be ready to rejoin the lineup for LSSU.

Comment

Team Black, coached by Steve Shields, prevailed 3-2 in the Calumet scrimmage. D. Johnstone, Patrick Anderson, and Brad Stebner with Black's goals. Tanner Kero and walk-on Dylan Etelamaki had the goals for Team White, coached by Damon Whitten. Looks like four or five walk-ons were used to fill out the rosters.

Thanks to Stephen Anderson for these updates.

Comment

I was personally impressed with Kero, Petan and Seigo today, I'm sure others noticed other players but I had a lot of chitchatting to do and whatnot at the old barn. They should have scheduled it for the evening - more realistic mock series on consecutive days, and they might have gotten more than a couple hundred people if the Tigers and Packers weren't both playing at the same time. It was pretty empty. I just realized they might have had some kind of silent auction going on in the lobby. I bet someone bought some stuff cheap.
                                Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                                USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X