Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Next D1 job shifts/next D1coaches

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    Well he played pro hockey, I'm not sure what leads you to think he wouldn't fit coaching it... especially in the AHL where the focus is on development. Not to mention that his current employers have strong ties to pro hockey, so I'm pretty sure he'd be all set with references....

That said, he's got a good thing going with the Saints, is landing top notch recruits and has a young family....so Dubuque is a pretty good place to be at the moment.
    Not to mention, how long is the contract?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      I believe he just re-upped for two more years. But contracts are only as good as their clauses...I'm sure he has out clauses for -- AHL offers, top-tier D1 offers, etc.
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        2 years @ Dubuque...and if a Job is considered a upgrade to his present Job then most if not all schools/teams allow them to move on.

Comment

What about Ted Donato at Harvard...his team there hasn't been strong as of the past few years.

Comment

Originally posted by sc4561 View Post
            What about Ted Donato at Harvard...his team there hasn't been strong as of the past few years.
            Donato may be the worst coach in D1. Its not like he doesnt get the recruits or plays in a power conference with bohemoths like Hockey East or the WCHA. Harvard year in and year out is the most disappointing team in the nation (which is great)
            Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
              Donato may be the worst coach in D1. Its not like he doesnt get the recruits or plays in a power conference with bohemoths like Hockey East or the WCHA. Harvard year in and year out is the most disappointing team in the nation (which is great)
              This is all true, but, since Cronin left NU, he had had Albie O'Connell recruiting some top talent. He may succeed in spite of his shortcomings. Furthermore, he is an alum, which gives him a little more rope with which to hang himself.

Comment

Working...
              X