UAH Hockey 2012-13: Still breathing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAH Hockey 2012-13: Still breathing

So much for that. Go figure right after I stick my neck out I am officially shot down as wrong. LOL.

As for Gwoz and Alaska, his name has been thrown around so much I can't remember what's official and what's speculation. I'm apparently just all kinds of wrong.

Comment

Dang it. I was hoping Gwoz would turn UAH into a national power. Then the NCHC would kick out St. Cloud and bring in UAH as a replacement.
      University of North Dakota
      NCAA National Champions:
      1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000...

WCHA Champions:
      1958, 1963, 1965, 1967, 1979, 1980, 1982,
      1987, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2004, 2009, 2011

Women's National Champions: 201?

Comment

I would've been stunned if he came.

GFM
        Geof F. Morris
        UAH BSE MAE 2002
        UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Corbett visited day after Gwoz & my guess will be the new coach

Comment

If UAH spends the money some on this thread seem to think will be spent the program should be A1.
            Gwoz at this point is dragging a lot of drama along with him.
            Corbett was the favorite of many for the UAA job and if UAH can get him the program will be on solid footing.
            Just random thoughts from an outsider.

Comment

Originally posted by UAHStatman View Post
              Gwozdecky's not coming:
              http://host.madison.com/sports/blog/...9bb2963f4.html

Well that de-escalated quickly...
              He wants $$$$$$$$$$$Texas, obviously. Not just for his salary, but also program funding.

I mean, if a name program like Maine can't come up with Gwoz's money... *shrug*

My bet is that he replaces either Eaves or Anastos next summer.
              Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 06-21-2013, 09:53 PM.

Comment

If I had to guess between the two, I'm guessing Eaves. I'm not sure MSU is ready to give up on an alum quite yet.
                FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                  If I had to guess between the two, I'm guessing Eaves. I'm not sure MSU is ready to give up on an alum quite yet.
                  Kinda hard to give up on a coach who made the NCAA in his first year. He's got at least 2 more years.
                  "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Steve poapst name in hat now

Colgate captain and graduate
                    Echl player and one of only 2 inducted into their development hall of fame
                    ahl player and inducted into Portland pirates hall of fame
                    NHL player and served as captain for blackhawks
                    Ushl gm and coach of year
                    Dahl coach past 4 seasons and regarded as one of the top d coaches in country
                    Great leader and developer of talent. 2 of last 3 hobey baker winners. Many draft NHL picks. John Moore, oleksiak and many others
                    Miller from Yale was his captain and several other hobdy winners
                    Nick leddy etc
                    Total class act. Great ushl connections and all over

School should go after hard

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                      Steve poapst name in hat now

Colgate captain and graduate
                      Echl player and one of only 2 inducted into their development hall of fame
                      ahl player and inducted into Portland pirates hall of fame
                      NHL player and served as captain for blackhawks
                      Ushl gm and coach of year
                      Dahl coach past 4 seasons and regarded as one of the top d coaches in country
                      Great leader and developer of talent. 2 of last 3 hobey baker winners. Many draft NHL picks. John Moore, oleksiak and many others
                      Miller from Yale was his captain and several other hobdy winners
                      Nick leddy etc
                      Total class act. Great ushl connections and all over

School should go after hard
                      Has Poapst applied for the UAH position? Has he indicated a desire to be a college head coach? No doubt he would be a good candidate, but if his goal is to work in the NHL, he's a lot closer to it working in the Blackhawks system than he would be in Huntsville.
                      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                        Has Poapst applied for the UAH position? Has he indicated a desire to be a college head coach? No doubt he would be a good candidate, but if his goal is to work in the NHL, he's a lot closer to it working in the Blackhawks system than he would be in Huntsville.
                        He applied. Feels he is a better developer of talent and likes the D1 stability. Type of guy who knows how to build a program and would have ushl kids coming. NHL teams would send players there to develop
                        Alum and supporters should be pushing school on this one

Comment

Okay, I am out of the loop because I'm doing an internship in DC instead of sitting in the coffee shop I frequent at home reading up about college hockey four hours a day. Who is this Corbett guy?

GFM <— edging ever closer to going on the record about our HC opening.
                          Geof F. Morris
                          UAH BSE MAE 2002
                          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                            Okay, I am out of the loop because I'm doing an internship in DC instead of sitting in the coffee shop I frequent at home reading up about college hockey four hours a day. Who is this Corbett guy?

GFM <— edging ever closer to going on the record about our HC opening.
                            From what I gather, Corbett is a DU alum and long-time Air Force assistant hungry to be a head coach. Coming from Air Force and Frank Serratore's tutelage, I expect you'd see a very driven guy who believes in team discipline, and scoffs at the term "players' coach".

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              From what I gather, Corbett is a DU alum and long-time Air Force assistant hungry to be a head coach. Coming from Air Force and Frank Serratore's tutelage, I expect you'd see a very driven guy who believes in team discipline, and scoffs at the term "players' coach".
                              Derek Schooley's done good work at RMU having trod the same path. A DU connection helps; one of our current ACs is Gavin Morgan (DU '99), and I'm sure that he bent Gwoz's ear pretty hard about coming to town. Of course, having an opening meant that Gwoz would at least take a look — look how many people we've had contact us.

GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                                Derek Schooley's done good work at RMU having trod the same path. A DU connection helps; one of our current ACs is Gavin Morgan (DU '99), and I'm sure that he bent Gwoz's ear pretty hard about coming to town. Of course, having an opening meant that Gwoz would at least take a look — look how many people we've had contact us.

GFM
                                Gwoz wants B1G money , that's been evident since DU fired him. If a wealthy private business school doesn't want to pay what he demands, it's highly unlikely any college hockey school outside of the D1-A football schools would pay him Lucia money.

If you've even entertained Gwoz, you guys will be fine. It says everything about your administrators being serious, and making a good choice, as opposed to UAA farting around for two months, with D3 coaches on the finalists' list. When Tech was looking for a new coach, I knew they were serious when they wined and dined Blais for even more money, after Pearson was in doubt.

Comment

Working...
                                X