UAH Hockey 2012-13: Still breathing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAH Hockey 2012-13: Still breathing

Several people picking UAH to get a win on Saturday against AIC in the Atlantic Hockey Pickem thread. A two game series against AIC would have been nice. Friday's game against Bentley looks trickier since they appear to be rising fast in talent, performance and expectation.
    Last edited by ChargerPowerPlay; 10-23-2012, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
      We have no radio crew, and we haven't for a decade. I was on it.
      GFM
      How do you not have a radio crew for hockey games? That seems odd...
      Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
      Eric's Twitter
      The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Here's the game prep from my site. I could only find stats through D1 games for y'all so if there's any discrepancies, feel free to correct me. Admittedly, I don't know a ton about the team even if I know about the well-publicized battle for the program.

For those of you looking for audio, HOPEFULLY the JAR internet will cooperate with me and I'll be able to simulcast the audio through my site. Unfortunately, our rink is a certifiable dump, and I always have issues with the internet. Nonetheless, I surely hope y'all will tune in. I'll be stumping for the program. As a D2 program playing up, I'm always beating the war drum!!

Here's to a great game!

http://excalibursportspage.com/2012/...ma-huntsville/
        Win today and we'll walk together forever. -Ray Shero

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
          How do you not have a radio crew for hockey games? That seems odd...
          No student radio, and the only person that's done it on a regular basis in this town is me.

GFM
          Geof F. Morris
          UAH BSE MAE 2002
          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by eXcSports View Post
            Here's the game prep from my site. I could only find stats through D1 games for y'all so if there's any discrepancies, feel free to correct me. Admittedly, I don't know a ton about the team even if I know about the well-publicized battle for the program.

For those of you looking for audio, HOPEFULLY the JAR internet will cooperate with me and I'll be able to simulcast the audio through my site. Unfortunately, our rink is a certifiable dump, and I always have issues with the internet. Nonetheless, I surely hope y'all will tune in. I'll be stumping for the program. As a D2 program playing up, I'm always beating the war drum!!

Here's to a great game!

http://excalibursportspage.com/2012/...ma-huntsville/
            Looks good to me! I wouldn't give Prince any credit for that outburst against UA. Those games were nice warmups, but that's it.

GFM
            Geof F. Morris
            UAH BSE MAE 2002
            UAHHockey.com

Comment

CPP, did I ever have a class with you?

GFM
              Geof F. Morris
              UAH BSE MAE 2002
              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Looks good to me! I wouldn't give Prince any credit for that outburst against UA. Those games were nice warmups, but that's it.

GFM
                I figured it was worth noting just for the heck of it. Anything to make a program look good in my eyes -- it's the Bill Belichick theory.

In all honesty, as an analyst, I think I'm a little bit worried. I think Bentley has the definite advantage, but we have such a huge game on Saturday at Harvard that I don't want this game lost in the shuffle. It's still an important thing to win games, and from our standpoint, we need to take care of business. UAH is going to be hungry for wins, and these are the games where they can step in and get them.

Bentley and AIC is a much more favorable matchup than 2 against Minnesota-Duluth.
                Win today and we'll walk together forever. -Ray Shero

Comment

Originally posted by eXcSports View Post
                  ... UAH is going to be hungry for wins, and these are the games where they can step in and get them.

Bentley and AIC is a much more favorable matchup than 2 against Minnesota-Duluth.
                  I am hopeful. UAH games against Minnesota State-Mankato and Saint Cloud have been tough. The latter in particular as UAH held their own against Mankato. The Saturday game against AIC looks like a decent chance for UAH to get a Win or Draw. Friday (tonight) looks tougher.

I will be listening in if I can! Make sure the visiting penalty box door at the JAR is well oiled, the Chargers frequently visit the friendly confines of the box.

This weekends Streak for the Cash picks are...

NCAA Division 1 Mens Hockey: What will be the match result?
                  UAH Win, Draw, Lose by 1
                  @Bentley Win by 2+ goals

And for tomorrow,
                  NCAA Division 1 Mens Hockey: What will be the match result?
                  UAH Win or Draw
                  @AIC Win

Ever the optimist and team supporter (particularly with the free goal in the line against Bentley), I will take UAH Win, Draw, Lose by 1 for tonight and UAH Win or Draw for tomorrow.

GFM: Nope. We have never had a class together.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargerPowerPlay View Post

I will be listening in if I can! Make sure the visiting penalty box door at the JAR is well oiled, the Chargers frequently visit the friendly confines of the box.
                    There is nothing about the JAR that is well-oiled or classy. You're lucky the visitors bench doesn't smell of a combination of old guy pick up league sweat and vomit.

I love our home rink.

really looking forward to the game tonight. Best of luck the rest of the way regardless of outcome!
                    Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Eep.

GFM
                      Geof F. Morris
                      UAH BSE MAE 2002
                      UAHHockey.com

Comment

No student radio, and the only person that's done it on a regular basis in this town is me.

GFM
                        I guess I was under the assumption that you still did the broadcasts.
                        Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                        Eric's Twitter
                        The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Eep.

GFM
                          Eeeeyooouch!!

Now, with the (non-existent) transitive property of D1 Hockey coupled with UAH's 1-9 loss to Bentley last night and AIC's 0-8 loss to Union last night, tonight we should see either:
                          a) a 20-20 goal scoring fest draw,
                          or
                          b) a complete lack of offense leading to a dour 0-0 draw

In wonder how the scoreline would have been different with Saunders still in net? Mind you, the Minnesota State - Mankato series was still very competitive this year with this years team! We need more of that....

I guess last nights Streak for the Cash pick should have been:
                          NCAA D1 Hockey (Mens): Which team will record a HIGHER TOTAL?
                          Bentley goals scored vs UAH, or tie
                          Union goals scored vs AIC

In which case Bentley goals scored vs UAH, or tie would have been the correct pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Humanoid View Post
                            There is nothing about the JAR that is well-oiled or classy.
                            The home score portion (9!!) of the scoreboard appears to be in tip-top shape. Perchance is the visitor score portion broken? It never got above 1 and we all know that hockey games do not result in 9-1 scorelines...I can think of no other reason for the reported result (9-1) other than scoreboard malfunction.

Comment

Close 4-3 loss tonight to AIC. Too bad that Penn State series is way out in February 2013. AIC split their series with Penn State. UAH and AIC played a close one. If Penn State and UAH played a series now it could be a nice evenly matched set of games.
                              Last edited by ChargerPowerPlay; 10-27-2012, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
                                I guess I was under the assumption that you still did the broadcasts.
                                Nope, haven't in quite some time. The last broadcast I did was 2010 when we played Miami in the NCAAs; the one before that was 2007 against Notre Dame for the same reason. In the former, I called my PBP guy the name of the PBP guy I always worked with (and worked with in 2007). That was embarrassing. Sorry again, Steve.

Originally posted by ChargerPowerPlay View Post
                                Close 4-3 loss tonight to AIC. Too bad that Penn State series is way out in February 2013. AIC split their series with Penn State. UAH and AIC played a close one. If Penn State and UAH played a series now it could be a nice evenly matched set of games.
                                I don't even know what to say at this point.

GFM
                                Geof F. Morris
                                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Working...
                                X