Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAH Hockey 2012-13: Still breathing

Originally posted by MikeAnderson View Post
    On this whole getting the word out mess, I would note that when I was an employee of the University, there was one (and really, one-half) person dedicated to marketing, promotions and athletic advancement. I have no idea how Brophy has adjusted this in his tenure.

I compare that to my current employer, which has six full-time people, plus GAs, plus Nelligan Sports Properties employed in these efforts.

"You gotta spend money to make money." They ain't lying.
    Advancement has an employee, Dennis Toney, who is attached to Athletics. There is one staffer, Jason Rucker, who does the non-advancement work that you described. I'm quite sure that this is something that Dr. Brophy is agitating to change.

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Hey, like, hockey! http://uahhockey.com/blog/2012/10/06/uah-12-uat-1/

GFM
      Geof F. Morris
      UAH BSE MAE 2002
      UAHHockey.com

Comment

12-1?! If that doesn't say "Puck Fortera", I don't know what does! http://www.collegehockeystats.net/12...s/malaalh1.o06

Hopefully that explains that his club team idea is NOT competitive.

Comment

59-5 shots on goal?
          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
            59-5 shots on goal?
            .800 isn't exactly all that hot, but given the goaltender saw maybe about 3 minutes of action, understandable.

Kyle Lysaght had four goals... ...at halftime! Ended up with 5 total.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
              59-5 shots on goal?
              I think the final box had it down to four, three of which came in the second frame.

10-0 today. The boys took a while to get started, and the only upperclassman who played was CJ Groh, mainly because we have just the one freshman goalie. We dressed 17 on Saturday night and 16 today, but part of that was to give some parity with how many players UA had available for the game.

The UA players never seemed to quit. Hell, they killed a penalty.

GFM
              Geof F. Morris
              UAH BSE MAE 2002
              UAHHockey.com

Comment

http://uahhockey.com/blog/2012/10/08/uah-10-uat-0/ - Recap of Sunday. The box wasn't available until today.

GFM
                Geof F. Morris
                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Good luck to the Chargers this weekend. Hopefully the fans come out to support the team.

Comment

Not that I really want to root against another current WCHA team, but UAH needs to big wins this weekend more than Mankato does. Showing they can compete with WCHA teams will certainly not hurt their chances to get into the WCHA. Love ya Mankato, but Go Chargers! Put up another dozen on the scoreboard this weekend.

Ryan J
                    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                    Originally posted by geezer
                    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                    Originally posted by manurespreader
                    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                      Not that I really want to root against another current WCHA team, but UAH needs to big wins this weekend more than Mankato does. Showing they can compete with WCHA teams will certainly not hurt their chances to get into the WCHA. Love ya Mankato, but Go Chargers! Put up another dozen on the scoreboard this weekend.

Ryan J
                      Screw the purple landcows. Go Chargers! I think all the fans are pulling for you this weekend. You guys need a home and dammit, I want an excuse to roadtrip to the south in the winter.
                      MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Minnesota State 4, UAH 1 -- but enough about that.

Attendance: 5,106. FIVE-one-oh-six. With the WCHA in town.

Thank you, Huntsville.
                        Michael Napier - UAH '97
                        uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
                        U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
                        NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
                        CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
                        CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

Cook makes a couple of big saves that keep them in it. Brice and Craig both had SH opportunities and just couldn't get the lift. Craig was pretty upset about it. Tie it up at two and that place would've been rocking. Go up one? Bonkers. Mike Hastings acknowledged the crowd and said that he was really glad Cook kept them out of it.

GFM
                          Geof F. Morris
                          UAH BSE MAE 2002
                          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                            Cook makes a couple of big saves that keep them in it. Brice and Craig both had SH opportunities and just couldn't get the lift. Craig was pretty upset about it. Tie it up at two and that place would've been rocking. Go up one? Bonkers. Mike Hastings acknowledged the crowd and said that he was really glad Cook kept them out of it.

GFM
                            The boys still had that fire from last season, which was great to see. Let's get some redemption tonight.
                            Michael Napier - UAH '97
                            uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
                            U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
                            NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
                            CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
                            CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

Other than giving up a late goal on a deflection, tonight was a hell of a lot of fun. Killed seven (still too many) penalties, Johnny in beast mode 51/53, good jump by the guys. One puck wouldn't settle for Alex to bang it home; on another Kyle just could split the uprights to get in alone on Williams. With a little puck-luck, that's a reverse of last night's score; with last night's crowd, it might be more than that. The guys just looked gassed in the third. They'll get there.

Now we don't see them until the 30th of November.

GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Very impressed with the new approach to game - much more aggressive, with D pinching more and the forwards rotating back and playing good positional/support hockey. Kept up the pressure and made the mavericks work to get the puck out of the zone as compared with dropping back and getting momentum thru cente rice and into the zone. Excited to see how they improve as the get more time with coaches K^2 and Garber.

Comment

Working...
                                X