Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UAH Hockey 2012-13: Still breathing

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: UAH Hockey 2012-13: Still breathing

    Sounds like the conference talks are going pretty good for UAH. Great news!
    LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

    Comment


    • Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
      Sounds like the conference talks are going pretty good for UAH. Great news!
      I think that is where their frustration lies. They've had good talks with conferences. They've been told they'd be a good fit and that they would bring excitement and potential to these leagues...

      And yet, here they are, still "homeless."
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

      Live Radio from 100.3

      Comment


      • Re: UAH Hockey 2012-13: Still breathing

        Originally posted by ChargerPowerPlay View Post
        The frustrating thing is that UAH simply cannot manage to wait until all dance partners have been selected much longer. The lack of a conference with the accompanying conference schedule and stability continues to weaken the state of D1 hockey in Huntsville.
        The commitment to keep the program going is there from the administration, but the situation is not tenable.

        GFM <-- will stop there before saying something stupid.
        Last edited by gfmorris; 11-09-2012, 03:31 AM.
        Geof F. Morris
        UAH BSE MAE 2002
        UAHHockey.com

        Comment


        • Re: UAH Hockey 2012-13: Still breathing

          Originally posted by ChargerPowerPlay View Post
          Funny how it went all [crickets chirping] after those Mike Anderson zingers...
          If you're referring to anything Mike said to me, well, know that Mike and I spent a season together on the road and like to fire barbs for our own amusement.

          GFM
          Geof F. Morris
          UAH BSE MAE 2002
          UAHHockey.com

          Comment


          • Re: UAH Hockey 2012-13: Still breathing

            I haven't seen much about this weekends series against Northeastern (currently 6th in Hockey East). Northeastern is having a rough year but UAH is having a much rougher year. Northeastern only has 2 wins this season (2-4-1) but one of those was a 3-1 victory over the current USCHO #1 ranked Boston College Eagles (#3 on Krach). UAH has, as we know, come up short against all opponents excepting the toying around with the Crimson Tide club team. [As an aside, all these road series losses (SCSU, StL, Bentley(1), AIC(1)), make that home series against 'Sota State seem like a very long time ago. Plus, in the home series against the Mavs the Chargers showed potential which hasn't been replicated consistently.]

            ESPN Streak For the Cash picks for this series...
            [For Friday]
            NCAA D1 Hockey (Mens) (UAH at Northeastern) :What will be the match result?
            Northeastern wins by 4 goals or more
            Any Other Result

            [For the Series]
            NCAA D1 Hockey (Mens) (UAH at Northeastern) :Which will have a higher total?
            Northeastern winning margin on Friday
            Northeastern winning margin on Saturday or tie

            The Friday pick looks tricky. UAH is setting a pattern of playing worse on Fridays rather that Saturdays. So the Friday game will probably result in the more lopsided loss (going with Northeastern winning margin on Friday for the second pick). Notwithstanding the win against BC, Northeastern has the following (Using Krach rankings): wins against #4 and #19, draw against #3 and losses to #4, #3, #19, #19). For UAH it looks like (again with Krach): draw against #35, losses to #35, #11, #11, #48, #43, #8, #8)...I'll go Northeastern wins by 4 goals or more for Friday but then UAH tightens it up for Saturday. Apparently the Chargers give up an average of ~4.8 goals per game.
            Last edited by ChargerPowerPlay; 11-09-2012, 10:39 AM.

            Comment


            • Re: UAH Hockey 2012-13: Still breathing

              Originally posted by ChargerPowerPlay View Post
              I haven't seen much about this weekends series against Northeastern (currently 6th in Hockey East). Northeastern is having a rough year but UAH is having a much rougher year. Northeastern only has 2 wins this season (2-4-1) but one of those was a 3-1 victory over the current USCHO #1 ranked Boston College Eagles (#3 on Krach). UAH has, as we know, come up short against all opponents excepting the toying around with the Crimson Tide club team. [As an aside, all these road series losses (SCSU, StL, Bentley(1), AIC(1)), make that home series against 'Sota State seem like a very long time ago. Plus, in the home series against the Mavs the Chargers showed potential which hasn't been replicated consistently.]

              ESPN Streak For the Cash picks for this series...
              [For Friday]
              NCAA D1 Hockey (Mens) (UAH at Northeastern) :What will be the match result?
              Northeastern wins by 4 goals or more
              Any Other Result

              [For the Series]
              NCAA D1 Hockey (Mens) (UAH at Northeastern) :Which will have a higher total?
              Northeastern winning margin on Friday
              Northeastern winning margin on Saturday or tie

              The Friday pick looks tricky. UAH is setting a pattern of playing worse on Fridays rather that Saturdays. So the Friday game will probably result in the more lopsided loss (going with Northeastern winning margin on Friday for the second pick). Notwithstanding the win against BC, Northeastern has the following (Using Krach rankings): wins against #4 and #19, draw against #3 and losses to #4, #3, #19, #19). For UAH it looks like (again with Krach): draw against #35, losses to #35, #11, #11, #48, #43, #8, #8)...I'll go Northeastern wins by 4 goals or more for Friday but then UAH tightens it up for Saturday. Apparently the Chargers give up an average of ~4.8 goals per game.
              No way the Chargers lose tonight! Guaranteed!

              ...

              ...

              ...

              It's a Saturday-Sunday series.
              Michael Napier - UAH '97
              uahhockey.com

              UAH Chargers Hockey
              U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
              NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
              CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
              CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

              Comment


              • Re: UAH Hockey 2012-13: Still breathing

                Originally posted by UAHStatman View Post
                No way the Chargers lose tonight! Guaranteed!

                It's a Saturday-Sunday series.
                Indeed it is! I haven't been paying enough attention...They set me up with all those Fr/Sa series and then spring this on me.

                Comment


                • We have not been playing well.. just beat us this wknd & put us out of our misery. Hope your team enjoys its wknd in Boston.
                  GO NU HOCKEY
                  Always bullish on the future.
                  We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

                  Comment


                  • Re: UAH Hockey 2012-13: Still breathing

                    With all this discussion of traveling to UAH for nWCHA or AHA teams, I have been wondering how UAH gets to all these away series. Do they fly or ride the bus normally? For instance, to SCSU, StL and Bentley/AIC how did they travel to those locales?

                    cpp

                    Comment


                    • Re: UAH Hockey 2012-13: Still breathing

                      Originally posted by ChargerPowerPlay View Post
                      With all this discussion of traveling to UAH for nWCHA or AHA teams, I have been wondering how UAH gets to all these away series. Do they fly or ride the bus normally? For instance, to SCSU, StL and Bentley/AIC how did they travel to those locales?

                      cpp
                      They've flown everywhere save St. Lawrence, which was a 22-hour bus trip. It was more expensive to fly to Canton than to drive, even though that's on the far outside of what we typically bus. Usually anything <=18 gets a bus.

                      Typically we bus to the old CCHA schools and the western half of AHA and fly everywhere else. In the nWCHA, we'd fly to both Alaska schools and both Minnesota schools (although Mankato may be a bus trip) and would bus to the UP, BG, and Ferris.

                      GFM
                      Geof F. Morris
                      UAH BSE MAE 2002
                      UAHHockey.com

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                        They've flown everywhere save St. Lawrence, which was a 22-hour bus trip. It was more expensive to fly to Canton than to drive, even though that's on the far outside of what we typically bus. Usually anything <=18 gets a bus.

                        Typically we bus to the old CCHA schools and the western half of AHA and fly everywhere else. In the nWCHA, we'd fly to both Alaska schools and both Minnesota schools (although Mankato may be a bus trip) and would bus to the UP, BG, and Ferris.

                        GFM
                        Yeesh. Ya, it is a major PITA to get to Canton. Probably have to fly into Syracuse, NY, then it is still a 2+ hour bus ride to Canton.

                        I know I mentioned it over on our thread, but I hope SLU reciprocates next year. We usually do for non conference games, but who knows. If they do and I'm not working on the tugboat, I will definitely make a point of coming up to Huntsville from Tampa. Ironically, the boat I'm on goes up to Decatur regularly.

                        Comment


                        • Re: UAH Hockey 2012-13: Still breathing

                          For completeness: based on past experiences, we'll bus to Lake State and UNO, Wisco and Penn State, Minny for the Mariucci, and fly to Duluth.

                          GFM
                          Geof F. Morris
                          UAH BSE MAE 2002
                          UAHHockey.com

                          Comment


                          • Re: UAH Hockey 2012-13: Still breathing

                            Just got through watching the vidstream of the Northeastern-UAH game. Only one comment: your guys didn't match up with our guys in terms of hockey pedigree, experience, size, and almost any other metric you want to throw out there. But your guys also didn't quit and that says a lot about a team. Good luck the rest of the way.

                            I don't know if NU does a return visit next year but if it does, I'll be checking airfares to Huntsville.
                            "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

                            Comment


                            • Re: UAH Hockey 2012-13: Still breathing

                              Gruehl looked pretty good, and he's got a .944 and 1.82 in 99 minutes played. I think he's going to get another start against Lake State unless Kleinendorst takes Groh as his caddy, which would make sense given the rotation.

                              GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

                              Comment


                              • Re: UAH Hockey 2012-13: Still breathing

                                Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                                Gruehl looked pretty good, and he's got a .944 and 1.82 in 99 minutes played. I think he's going to get another start against Lake State unless Kleinendorst takes Groh as his caddy, which would make sense given the rotation.

                                GFM
                                So from here on out Griggs will go one game and than alternating between Gruehl or Groh? Groh hasn't started yet, so this would be different.
                                Michael Napier - UAH '97
                                uahhockey.com

                                UAH Chargers Hockey
                                U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
                                NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
                                CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
                                CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X