• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rube
    replied
    Re: SCSU @ UND - November 13-14

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
    Question for you. Have you ever played hockey? I would think if you have you would see how these things happen. I agree players need to play more in control and when they don't they have to pay the price by sitting out. However, in the heat of the battle and when you go to hit a guy at full speed these things happen sometime and your arms get up to high. I guarantee not every time these type of hits happen the guy is trying to hurt the other guy. Marvin has never been a dirty player in the past, so I think he should get he benefit of the doubt. Like I said before it doesn't make what he did right, but there is a difference between playing hard and a little careless and trying to hurt someone.
    I know for a fact that MNS has played hockey, including HS hockey if I am not mistaken, at a non-crappy HS, no less.

This particular hit was maybe not 100% to injure, but IMO I think Marvin wanted to ring his bell a little.

Leave a comment:

• scsutommyboy
    replied

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
    no, no you can't. A point man dumps the puck in...you can't hit him 10 seconds later and say oh he had the puck. And if you're watching Marvin, he's keying up on him. He clearly had intent to hit Genoway and my guess is with intent to injure. It was a scumbag hit and a yearlong suspension should be in order.
    First of all check the rules buddy. Of course you can't check him 10 seconds later, but that isn't what happend here. You clearly are clueless so I am done debating this with you.

Leave a comment:

• scsutommyboy
    replied

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    Hitting him as high as he did is intent to injure...he was headhunting. If he hits him like normal, Genoway probably doesn't get injured and he only gets 2. It was a dirty and dangerous hit. No excuse.
    Question for you. Have you ever played hockey? I would think if you have you would see how these things happen. I agree players need to play more in control and when they don't they have to pay the price by sitting out. However, in the heat of the battle and when you go to hit a guy at full speed these things happen sometime and your arms get up to high. I guarantee not every time these type of hits happen the guy is trying to hurt the other guy. Marvin has never been a dirty player in the past, so I think he should get he benefit of the doubt. Like I said before it doesn't make what he did right, but there is a difference between playing hard and a little careless and trying to hurt someone.

Leave a comment:

• The Paragon of Virtue
    replied

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    Also, Marvin is 6'3", Genoway is 5'9", it's likely that any hit on Genoway by Marvin could be considered "high" with a 6 inch height difference.
    Don't use Pronger physics.

Dunn did a rather good job tonight. I'm also really glad to have Novak back on the ice. His speed really stretches the rink for SCSU.

Leave a comment:

• Dirty
    replied

Marvin should've just shot Chay in the head. Then it clearly would've been intent to injure. Don Adam still wouldn't have called it though. I meant to blow my whistle, so it's not a penalty.

Leave a comment:

• First Time, Long Time
    replied

no, no you can't. A point man dumps the puck in...you can't hit him 10 seconds later and say oh he had the puck. And if you're watching Marvin, he's keying up on him. He clearly had intent to hit Genoway and my guess is with intent to injure. It was a scumbag hit and a yearlong suspension should be in order.
    Yearlong?
    Nice overreaction.
    And I'd like you to prove he meant to hurt him, go ahead.

Leave a comment:

• First Time, Long Time
    replied

It doesn't matter if he passed it off. The fact is once a player gets rid of the puck you can still hit him. The puck went off his stick and then Marvin followed up and hit him. It wasn't against the rules to check him. It was against the rules to check him high.
    Where did I say it wasn't against the rules to hit him high?
    I'm just saying I don't believe you can argue it was automatically intent to injure.

Leave a comment:

• Sloe Gin
    replied

It doesn't matter if he passed it off. The fact is once a player gets rid of the puck you can still hit him. The puck went off his stick and then Marvin followed up and hit him. It wasn't against the rules to check him. It was against the rules to check him high.

Leave a comment:

• First Time, Long Time
    replied

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    Hitting him as high as he did is intent to injure...he was headhunting. If he hits him like normal, Genoway probably doesn't get injured and he only gets 2. It was a dirty and dangerous hit. No excuse.
    He gets five and a game either way, I think the suspension happens because of the injury.
    I also don't believe that hitting someone high is automatically intent to injure.
    Also, Marvin is 6'3", Genoway is 5'9", it's likely that any hit on Genoway by Marvin could be considered "high" with a 6 inch height difference.

Leave a comment:

• scsutommyboy
    replied

Marvin followed him up because until the dump in, Genoway had the puck. Marvin followed the play and Genoway got the puck back, then got rid of it and Marvin hit him.
    It's possible Marvin didn't see Genoway pass it off.
    I'm not condoning the hit, it was a CFB and he got the five and the game, I just don't think you can say Marvin was headhunting and intended to hurt him.

Leave a comment:

• MinnesotaNorthStar
    replied

Marvin followed him up because until the dump in, Genoway had the puck. Marvin followed the play and Genoway got the puck back, then got rid of it and Marvin hit him.
    I'm not condoning the hit, it was a CFB and he got the five and the game, I just don't think you can say Marvin was headhunting and intended to hurt him.

Leave a comment:

• MinnesotaNorthStar
    replied

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
    Dan Dunn stole that game.

That disallowed goal is so annoying. Why is that even a rule? I don't care if you meant to blow the whistle, you didn't and the puck was in the net. That should be a goal. Heck, why was it even reviewed? Was Adam going to decide he didn't plan on blowing the whistle and allow it?
    it's so he could go over to Hak and be like i looked at myself and determined I was going to blow the whistle. Adam sucks.
    Why is Don Adam allowed to do North Dakota games? He's exceptionally worse then any other ref when officiating our games.

I won't comment on this weekend as the right call was made on the Genoway hit (minus the "Who done it" portion ), and I didn't see the games this weekend...

Leave a comment:

• First Time, Long Time
    replied

Originally posted by Goon View Post
    That hit was bush league and Marvin followed him up the ice and didn't have the puck when he was ramed into the boards with Marvin's Elbow, if he was playing in the NHL right now he would be sitting for at least 2-3 more games.

Leave a comment:

• Sloe Gin
    replied

Originally posted by Dirty View Post

That disallowed goal is so annoying. Why is that even a rule? I don't care if you meant to blow the whistle, you didn't and the puck was in the net. That should be a goal. Heck, why was it even reviewed? Was Adam going to decide he didn't plan on blowing the whistle and allow it?
    it's so he could go over to Hak and be like i looked at myself and determined I was going to blow the whistle. Adam sucks.

Leave a comment:

• Dirty
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X