• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Time, Long Time
    replied
    Re: SCSU @ UND - November 13-14

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
    I'm gonna say that tonight was the only game he'll be suspended for.
    Yup, the league is who suspended him for tonight, I doubt they are going to go back and add a couple more.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

I agree. If they change the suspension, people will be all over the WCHA for "second-guessing themselves."

Leave a comment:

• Dude Love
    replied

Originally posted by Plante26 View Post
    I just saw the hit on a blog, and it looked pretty deliberate. Marvin made no attempt to hit Genoway from the side--he lined him him and drove him facefirst into the glass. I wouldn't be surprised to see Marvin get a couple more games from the WCHA or SCSU.

Leave a comment:

• Plante26
    replied

C'mon, Sand Vag...that's a little extreme. If this was the NHL, he'd have gotten maybe 2 games depending on how Colin Campbell felt that day. You're starting to sound like a Gopher fan with all the crying you do about officials and teams being out to get you.
    I just saw the hit on a blog, and it looked pretty deliberate. Marvin made no attempt to hit Genoway from the side--he lined him him and drove him facefirst into the glass. I wouldn't be surprised to see Marvin get a couple more games from the WCHA or SCSU.

Leave a comment:

• Dude Love
    replied

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
    no, no you can't. A point man dumps the puck in...you can't hit him 10 seconds later and say oh he had the puck. And if you're watching Marvin, he's keying up on him. He clearly had intent to hit Genoway and my guess is with intent to injure. It was a scumbag hit and a yearlong suspension should be in order.
    C'mon, Sand Vag...that's a little extreme. If this was the NHL, he'd have gotten maybe 2 games depending on how Colin Campbell felt that day. You're starting to sound like a Gopher fan with all the crying you do about officials and teams being out to get you.

Leave a comment:

• Sloe Gin
    replied

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
    Sloe is the king of the over reaction.
    I am?

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
    Geist might shoot you though, so you should probably just let him remain angry.
    probably

Leave a comment:

• Dirty
    replied

Originally posted by Happy View Post
    Nothing like a good "UND whining about the Refs again" fest to make everyone else smile. Has UND ever lost a single game when it wasn't the refs fault? I didn't think so.
    Tonight.

Leave a comment:

• Happy
    replied

Nothing like a good "UND whining about the Refs again" fest to make everyone else smile. Has UND ever lost a single game when it wasn't the refs fault? I didn't think so.

Leave a comment:

• Dirty
    replied

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
    I do that just to pi$s her off.
    Geist might shoot you though, so you should probably just let him remain angry.

Leave a comment:

• scsutommyboy
    replied

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
    This stance doesn't make sense. You continually debate things with FTLT.
    I do that just to pi$s her off.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by brianvf View Post

You should have just brought up his post count and lost the verbal argument that way instead.
    True, and true.

1 game is fair, I guess. I would've said 2 games, if only for the attention those kinds of hits have been given in the last couple of years.

And scsutommy: take off your beer goggles and realize that it looked like intent to injure. We'll never know for sure, but it looked like it.

Leave a comment:

• scsutommyboy
    replied

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    I know for a fact that MNS has played hockey, including HS hockey if I am not mistaken, at a non-crappy HS, no less.

This particular hit was maybe not 100% to injure, but IMO I think Marvin wanted to ring his bell a little.
    Then he needs to take his UND glasses off and realize it's possible he wasn't trying to hurt him. It's easy for a guy to hit someone high when you have 5 inches on them especially when they are leaning against the boards.

Leave a comment:

• scsutommyboy
    replied

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    Where did I say it wasn't against the rules to hit him high?
    I'm just saying I don't believe you can argue it was automatically intent to injure.
    I didn't say you did. I actually agreed with you for once.

Leave a comment:

• Dirty
    replied

First of all check the rules buddy. Of course you can't check him 10 seconds later, but that isn't what happend here. You clearly are clueless so I am done debating this with you.
    This stance doesn't make sense. You continually debate things with FTLT.

Leave a comment:

• brianvf
    replied

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    Yearlong?
    Nice overreaction.

Question for you. Have you ever played hockey?
    You should have just brought up his post count and lost the verbal argument that way instead.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X