• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ts8801
    replied
    Re: SCSU @ UND - November 13-14

Originally posted by Goon View Post
    Take off your red glass and go watch the video again Marvin chased Chay all the way from the defensive zone up the ice and hit Chay when he didn't even have the puck, the Elbow to the back of the head was a bush league hit and pretty apparent that it was a deliberate attempt at trying to hurt Chay. One game isn't enough, if this hack had done this in the NHL it would be a 2-3 game suspension.
    I didn't watch the game, but from watching Marvin play's play in the past makes me think he was following him up the ice for a reason. In most sports when "dirty" hits like this happen they are usually in retaliation for something that happened earlier. And im not condoning the hit or anything just putting out a point that hasnt been said.

Leave a comment:

• burd
    replied

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
    He was flat against the boards, so it depends on how he hits him. many times in pro hockey where the officals have a clue they don't call that.
    I only just saw the replay. Bad, cheap hit. Had Marvin been the one playing Genoway, you might argue he was finishing his check. But he wasn't. He went out of his way to hit someone else's man high from behind for no reason. The Sioux need to keep it clean tonight, but they should turn up the physical play a couple of notches as long as it doen'st give SCSU too much PP time. I agree with others that the best message is to kick the sh*t out of them on the scoreboard.

Question: If it is true that other teams have been running Genoway, will Hak and his staff send videos of prior play to the league? I know it's not going to bring about a change in policy, but it's just like working a ref during the game. Good coaches do it, and it works.

Leave a comment:

• The Paragon of Virtue
    replied

Originally posted by Goon View Post
    if this hack had done this in the NHL it would be a 2-3 game suspension.
    You give Colin Campbell's Wheel of Justice too much credit.

Leave a comment:

• Goon
    replied

Originally posted by dubbie31 View Post
    as I have posted in the DU thread. I may not like North Dakota, but hits like that make me SICK. Marvin is an utter disgrace for that cheap shot. He went high...it looked like head-hunting to me. A lengthy suspensions is an order I think. High hits like these need to be eliminated.
    And yet SCSUtommyboy makes excuses and tries to say it wasn't dirty.
    I wonder how he would feel if UND planted the two trolls Roe and Lasch into the boards?

Leave a comment:

• Goon
    replied

Not every hit to the head happens because a player is trying to hurt the other player. Guys get hit to the head all the time, but they don't always get their bell rung or get a concussion. Let me guess you never played the game and don't realize how hard it is to control your body? In no way am I saying it is ok to hit to the head like that, but I understand it can happen without the guy trying hurt the guy or even trying to hit him in the head. marvin has never been a dirty player, so I think he should get the benefit of the doubt.
    Take off your red glass and go watch the video again Marvin chased Chay all the way from the defensive zone up the ice and hit Chay when he didn't even have the puck, the Elbow to the back of the head was a bush league hit and pretty apparent that it was a deliberate attempt at trying to hurt Chay. One game isn't enough, if this hack had done this in the NHL it would be a 2-3 game suspension.

Leave a comment:

• scsutommyboy
    replied

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    Whether he hits him high or not, it was still from behind. Probably not a 5 if he doesn't, but he did, so it was.
    He was flat against the boards, so it depends on how he hits him. many times in pro hockey where the officals have a clue they don't call that.

Leave a comment:

• MinnesotaNorthStar
    replied

He is out for sure tonight and I am sure the WCHA will look at it. The hit would have been fine if he doesn't hit him high. Guys need to learn to control their arms and not hit high.
    Whether he hits him high or not, it was still from behind. Probably not a 5 if he doesn't, but he did, so it was.

Leave a comment:

• brianvf
    replied

Schlossman just posted on his blog that Marvin is indeed suspended for tonight's game.

Leave a comment:

• Dirty
    replied

If he is out tonight UND will have to wait until Feb 12th/13th.
    That will give me time to special order the window. They'll allow it in the NHC, right? I'll buy a seat for it.

Sioux Sweep

Leave a comment:

• cg_siouxfan
    replied

Not every hit to the head happens because a player is trying to hurt the other player. Guys get hit to the head all the time, but they don't always get their bell rung or get a concussion. Let me guess you never played the game and don't realize how hard it is to control your body? In no way am I saying it is ok to hit to the head like that, but I understand it can happen without the guy trying hurt the guy or even trying to hit him in the head. marvin has never been a dirty player, so I think he should get the benefit of the doubt.
    It's pretty clear from the video that Marvin was in control of his body when he made that hit.

Leave a comment:

• SiouxFanatic
    replied

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
    I think we should crucify Marvin. On a Marvin window.
    Or maybe organize a lynch mob?

Leave a comment:

• scsutommyboy
    replied

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
    If he is out tonight UND will have to wait until Feb 12th/13th.

Leave a comment:

• Dirty
    replied

Leave a comment:

• scsutommyboy
    replied

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
    I disagree and you can tell he had intent to injure. Those types of hits probably happen all the time at your rink but not at the Ralph.

Leave a comment:

• The Paragon of Virtue
    replied

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
    Those types of hits probably happen all the time at your rink

Leave a comment:

Working...
X