Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do home football games help your home hockey attendance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do home football games help your home hockey attendance?

I have not noted a correlation with attendence at RPI football vs. hockey, but there seems to be an inverse correlation between performance. RPI's men's hockey team sucks whenever the football team is winning.

It's good to see the football team going down the tubes this season.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Quinnipiac's football team, undefeated since 1929, has no impact on hockey attendance.
      Quinnipiac Bobcats
      2023 National Champions
      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
      Northeast Regional:
      West Regional: 2015, 2021
      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

On the flip side, the Pike's Peak Hockey Club, the oldest hockey booster group in the country, always runs a bus to either Vermont or Maine for the two game series. We stay at a nice hotel and have a blast.

This year the two game series is in Maine on November 20-21. BC is hosting North Carolina on 11/21. Because of this there is no bus trip this year.
        Originally posted by mookie1995
        bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
        Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
        Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
          Quinnipiac's football team, undefeated since 1929, has no impact on hockey attendance.
          That's awesome. I don't think Clarkson has lost since the '50s.
          Clarkson Golden Knights Men
          10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
          5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
          21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
          ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
          ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018, 2019
          12 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2024
          National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

At Wisconsin, I don't know if they help or hurt attendance directly. Attendance is always better in the second half of the season, regardless of if the football team is at home or away during the October and November games.

I'd have to look at the numbers, but I don't think it's a huge impact compared to other early-season games.

The atmosphere does suffer a bit, in my humble opinion. That's a long day - all the football and requisite tailgating, plus a hockey game on Saturday night? Yikes. I've done it several times before, and it's exhausting. And that was while I was living close to both the stadium and the arena. I can't imagine trying to do both if you were coming in from outside of town. Also, if you were just coming in for hockey, you have to deal with some post-game travel, etc.
            "...the great state University of Wisconsin should ever encourage that continual and fearless sifting and winnowing by which alone the truth can be found."

Wisconsin '05 Michigan '07

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.com/

my other blog

Comment

For what it's worth, Notre Dame supposedly moved up this Saturday's game against NMU to a 5:05 start so their wouldn't be a conflict with ND's game against Pitt...
              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by FireKnight View Post
                That's awesome. I don't think Clarkson has lost since the '50s.
                I don't think the gophers have missed a rose bowl during that same time span... oh wait, no, that's not true at all.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Since Notre Dame football games start so late now (most home games start at 3:42 before the switch back to EST,at which time it falls back to 2:42) and take so long to complete -- hey losing to Navy takes time -- they no longer schedule home games on the same days. When Notre Dame is on the road and playing a night game like they are this weekend at Pitt, a home hockey game is scheduled for a later afternoon start, so as to not compete with the football. My guess is the crowds are a little smaller when people are waiting around for the football games, as the smallest crowd this year by a couple of hundred people was the Ohio State game on the afternoon Notre Dame played a night game down in Texas.

Comment

Working...
                  X